Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/05/06, 01:18 PM   #41
PRangerX
Administrator

This does bring up an interesting debate. Is it right to perchase bootleg dvds or download episodes? I mean technically both is an illegal practice. But it is also common place, at least in terms of downloads.

Now you could say your hurting the chances of PR getting on DVD by supporting the bootleggers. But PR won't have DVD box sets for a very long time. So I suppose thats the counter argument

There is also the question of whether these bootleggers are givening you your money's worth.

I would say that downloads are less of an issue, since bootlegging is crossing over the line more. Since your paying someone money for someone else's product. I could see where it would be tempting though. Especially with the lack of movement when it comes to putting out official box sets. It can be frustrating.

I'm not really taking a side here, just presenting both sides to the argument.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/05/06, 02:16 PM   #42
JasonFrank
Putty Patroller

At least this person has common inteligence, Yes bootlegging is wrong, but like I siad buying the seasons from this place has been great for me and others b/c alot dont have time to create thereown DVD's but all the episodes on the discs are great quality, even from the earlier seasons.
JasonFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/05/06, 03:20 PM   #43
JasonFrank
Putty Patroller

Well just so you know the DVD's actually are in full DVD format, with full color cases, and menus and actually resemble real DVD sets, not just a burnt disc with some episodes on it.
Old 12/05/06, 04:21 PM   #44
JasonFrank
Putty Patroller

I understand that, but me personally I dont have the time to get the episodes my self and burn them to DVD's and everything else, if they charge a decent price for the time and effort they put into creating them, i am ok with that. I dont mind spending the money b/c they are actually great products, I didnt post their site here for it to get bashed but to hope it helps one or two people who are in the same situation that I am and cant do it themselves due to lack of time or what not.
Old 12/05/06, 07:24 PM   #45
jpwagner5
Putty Patroller

Originally Posted by PRangerX
\Is it right to perchase bootleg dvds or download episodes? I mean technically both is an illegal practice./

The Virginian:
\Is it right to tape a tv show and watch it later? That is exactly what downloading is. The courts have agreed that taping is 100% legal. /

well then u get into the whole artist's gettin there "work" stolen. like the napster thing except with t.v stars? so is it really ever rite to download any t.v show, movie, or song off the internet without it either being downloaded from the creators/sponser web site?
jpwagner5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/05/06, 10:31 PM   #46
PRangerX
Administrator

I actually saw a bootleg site more expensive than the one Jason Frank gave. Almost double for every DVD.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/06/06, 05:42 PM   #47
Kari
Power Ranger

Why won't they make season box sets of PR anyway? I mean I know for the newer seasons they have the single DVDs, of which they didn't even finish releasing DT... but they could make a lot of money off of that....
~*~*~ On and on, on and on, on and on[/size]
Kari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/07/06, 12:18 PM   #48
Kari
Power Ranger

Yeah, but it wouldn't be kids actually buying it, it'd be parents. There's also those adults who like PR, which I think, is pretty odd since I was actually in the targeted age range at the time..

I mean, you're not a kid are you?
Old 12/09/06, 07:17 PM   #49
Kari
Power Ranger

You're a very disagreeable person. I bet you're not like that off the boards
Post New ThreadReply