Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > Kamen Rider Online

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08/22/09, 11:03 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Kamen Rider Sting

Now that Chris has been vented, I wanted to dedicate a thread to him and my thoughts about him.

I thought the idea of his backstory was good. With him trying to prove that he could live up to the family lagacy , even with his asthma. And his quest to make his dad proud. Which was sad, since he father would probably never know that he was a Kamen Rider ( its interesting how we only saw his dad once ). They handled Xaviax's deciet well. Chris didn't believe Len and Kit at first. But slowly came around.

It was odd how Chris suddenly felt like he couldn't help them after the flashback episode. Then becomes so determined that he starts ignoring Len/Kit's lesson's on teamwork. He also went from treating Len like a general to tottally disregarding his authority. The actor playing Chris seemed to inexperiance and not very beleivable in his deleivery. But in some ways that fit with the way Chris was written. Still the acting could have been better.

Chris's sacrifice was well done. It was fitting that he took the Final Vent for Len. I like how Len and Kit took it very hard that he was Vented. As they should have. I would have liked more time with Chris though. The three of them had just become a team and now its just Len and Kit again. With Len's comments, it will be interesting to see if they find a way to save Chris.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/09, 10:21 PM   #2
mbozzo
Power Ranger

Kamen Rider Sting has a lot to prove. His sickness got in his way of his dreams of being a hero. Xaviax tricked him into fighting for the wrong side for a while. In the end, Chris prove what a hero he can be when he gave up his life to save Wing Knight. I will miss you, Chris.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/25/09, 05:54 PM   #3
TokuNoob
Power Ranger

Chris's sacrifice was definitely one of the better episodes in the series. In fact, I think one of the complaints on a parenting webpage was that the loss of the show's defeated characters didn't hold any emotion, and hopefully Chris's sacrifice will change some views on this.
TokuNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply