Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Lahana Forums Archive

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03/23/06, 03:20 AM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default The Future of this Forum

Now that Emma has resurfaced and told us her wish to for this place to close down. Lahana Forums Can no longer claim to be the offical forum of Emma Lahana. But I don't want to close down this forum entirely. Which leads us to our options.

We can continue on as an unofficial Emma Fan board with no affilation to Emma Lahana.

We can rebrand the board to some kind of off topic type of board, to keep the community together. Basically we would get a new skin and drop all the emma forums in this senario ( with all the off topic forums remaining).

This board could be merged into my current PR forum. Which is run even looser than I run this place. But there isn't much activity at that forum so you guys wouldn't be too displaced.

Lastly I could shut this board down. But we have a nice community so I think we can continue on in some shape or form.I want to here what all you guys think since this is your forum.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/23/06, 03:38 AM   #2
Shadow Ranger

Well to me the best sounding one is the unofficial Emma fan board thing sounds best to me.

But do what ever you think is for the best.
Old 03/23/06, 08:03 AM   #3
RavenX
Power Ranger

Send a message via MSN to RavenX

Well, you already know where I stand on this. My vote either goes to:

We can rebrand the board to some kind of off topic type of board, to keep the community together. Basically we would get a new skin and drop all the emma forums in this senario ( with all the off topic forums remaining).

or....

We can continue on as an unofficial Emma Fan board with no affilation to Emma Lahana.

As long as we keep the community together. This place is molding well...I just wish Emma would have waited to see that. haha Let's keep this place up! 8)
Old 03/23/06, 03:02 PM   #4
kiraford5
Power Ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to kiraford5

i like the unofficial forum best. i still want an emma forum though.

If worst comes to worst PRX, if you no longer want to run it, we can move the forum to my host!
Old 03/23/06, 05:17 PM   #5
_yellowford_
Power Ranger

I think we accepted that a long time ago.(after all, she's busy)...I like this community, and after returning here many times, I'm determined to stick to this place. Emma's what got us together...Maybe we should keep one board for that, and replace the others with different things...although if we're not to be emma related...what should our board be for?
Old 03/23/06, 11:59 PM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by _yellowford_
I think we accepted that a long time ago.(after all, she's busy)...I like this community, and after returning here many times, I'm determined to stick to this place. Emma's what got us together...Maybe we should keep one board for that, and replace the others with different things...although if we're not to be emma related...what should our board be for?
I agree with you, we have been without Emma for a long time. Emma understandably wants a forum of her own that she can control. I compleltly support her decsion.
Old 03/24/06, 12:09 AM   #7
PRangerX
Administrator

We could change this board into a a PR Board. I have a power rangers website and gallery, Power Rangers Online and Ranger Gallery. I also have a PR Forum. I could have this board moved onto PRO's account and change the skin. My current PR Forum is an invisionfree so I would close that one down and point my members there to this forum's new location, making it a merger. My PR forum is only really active in its RPG section right now. This idea is pretty tempting since I think this could create a powerful hub. Of course this is assuming that most of the people here watch pr. Anyway its just an idea.

http://powerrangersonline.org

http://rangergallery.com

I understand if most of you want this to continue as an unoffical fan forum for Emma. Since this is why most of you are here. Of course once Emma opens the forum she claims to be opening you will be able to post there as well.

Btw, sorry if I deleted some of your posts here. I was deleting some unneeded spam and may have accidently deleted a few good posts.
Old 03/24/06, 06:17 PM   #8
_yellowford_
Power Ranger

Personally, I wouldn't like to be merged.
Old 03/25/06, 02:50 AM   #9
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by _yellowford_
Personally, I wouldn't like to be merged.
The actual forum would move and the current domain would redirect to the new location. But all the posts would still bere here. There would be a new skin and banner of course. My invisionfree forum would be closed and the members there would be directed here.

All the Emma Forums would be closed. There would be a PR General Discussion forum, a Creativity forum, Off Topic Forum, Site Comments Forum, and RPG forum.

If we continue as we are, (as an unoffical Emma forum) the Diary and FAQ forums would be deleted and I would make it clear that this place was unoffical.
Old 03/25/06, 02:52 AM   #10
Kari
Power Ranger

I can make another skin for you, since I made a different one (but seeing how it isn't he official forums anymore...) cause I'd really like to help contribute
Kari is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply