Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/29/18, 01:52 PM   #21
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

Default Re: The Sympathy For Adler

Yes Adler truely became an evil monster and was beyond redemption. He couldn't fool anyone like Kat or Karone. He was evil to the core and outwordly. The Wild Force team had no choice but to fknksh him off for good.
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/18, 02:39 PM   #22
Usagi Reborn
Power Ranger

It makes too much sense for Master Org to be possessing Adler 's dead body after "Master's". What would be the point of him fake dying and just coming back as Master Org? Plus we only see Org's posssess inanimate things. Jindrax knows Adler wasn't the real Master Org. But he refers to him as the real one they were waiting for all those years.

its likely Org was latent in Adler all that time and let him have access to his powers until the time was right to let him die. And in the process really returned. Its just Master Org still retained Adler's memories and feelings after his return.
Usagi Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/18, 02:41 PM   #23
PRangerX
Administrator

Agreed. The Scene with Shayla does fly in the face of the Adler death in "Last Stand" but the idea the real master just has his memories explains that away. It still feels more natural that the Master Org we see in the end has now possessed Adler's body. After the first had f showing us Adler's possessing Org's powers before his death.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/18, 04:05 PM   #24
Zabitan
Administrator

I'm not sure how I felt since on one hand I get that he was in love with Cole's mom, and wanted to be famous but things didn't work out.

But at the same time he seemed like even before he became Master Org he was blaming Cole's parents for why his life sucked instead of himself.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/18, 04:15 PM   #25
Astro Omega
Power Ranger

He clearly showed signs of being psychotic before he even ate the seeds of Master Org.
Astro Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/18, 04:17 PM   #26
Lunarwolf Landing
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabitan View Post
I'm not sure how I felt since on one hand I get that he was in love with Cole's mom, and wanted to be famous but things didn't work out.

But at the same time he seemed like even before he became Master Org he was blaming Cole's parents for why his life sucked instead of himself.
Thats right but it kind of makes me feel sorry for him that he was that petty. I am not saying his fall wasn't his own fault.
Lunarwolf Landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/18, 04:21 PM   #27
Byron Stinger
Ranger In Training

He really didn't have a bad life. And the Evans could have remained good friends and colleagues. He also had a chance to make a tremendous discovery with Animarium. And whose to say he wouldn't have found someone else that truely loved him back? He through his life away over petty jealousy. And feelings of betrayal that wasn't really there. Its likely Mrs. Evans never even knew he was attracted to her like that. Thats where the tragedy of his situation comes in. But it doesn't mean he didn't cause it all himself.
Byron Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/18, 04:28 PM   #28
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

Quote:

I agree. I have no sympathy for the evil monster.
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/18, 07:23 PM   #29
I Love Lothor
Ranger In Training

I would have loved it if Master Org was funny and made one liners. Its why I love Lothor so much.
I Love Lothor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/13/21, 09:50 PM   #30
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarwolf Landing View Post
Its interesting how he did so many heinous things ,yet he is still written to be sympathetic in a lot of ways. Obviously not in a way to excuse his actions.
I don't know I mean I don't quite see him as sympathetic but I do get where he came from

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Gia To Remember View Post
I don't know. The fact he murdered Cole's parents for no real reason makes him pretty unsympathetic.
Well I wouldn't say for no reason since he was hurt over Elizabeth's rejection then Richard got all of the spotlight so I do get how hurt he was so it's understandable even though it doesn't excuse it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge View Post
Its easy to call someone a monster. But to see villians are flawed humans makes it scarier. Since it shows how far regular people can fall if they make bad decisions. It makes for a better antagonist as well.
I completely agree plus even if Elizabeth had rejected him, it might not have been the final nail in the coffin since they were an expedition team so all 3 should've been seen as equal regardless of whether 2 wanted to hook up or not, it still should've been a TEAM effort so it's understandable why he was hurt not just by Elizabeth's rejection BUT also by Richard taking over the spotlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimandTommy View Post
Well I don't feel sorry for him at all. He was a murderer who chose to be evil. He deserved what was coming to him.
Yes he became a murder but I do understand him as would people that have a heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Senshi View Post
I think Adler's back story was way too dark for a kids show. Its too bad the censors let it go.
I think you're blowing it up since while it was dark it wasn't that dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Master View Post
Its pretty powerful when Cole refuses to stoop to his level and kill him. He even feels sorry for him despite everything Adler took from Cole.
yup that was such a great scene especially since the Rangers had no reason to attack since he had just lost his powers and wasn't in the shape to fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandora's Ghost View Post
Great villians do have a little bit of sympathy for them. He was a good contrast to Cole. Who didn't give into vengeance or hate. Despite having a better reason for it than Adler did for killing to his parents.
Well I don't entirely agree with that. Rita, Zedd are all great villains and their history is pretty unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro Omega View Post
Master Org was really a multi-layer character. And is even more interesting from Adler's perspective. He is the finest villian the show has ever had in terms of writing.
I don't know if I'd go that far BUT he is a great villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Guy View Post
I think he was too serious. We needed Master Org to be a cillian that cracked jokes and had all kinds of witty one liners.
I thought him being serious was fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Senshi View Post
I think he was too scary for kids. So he should have been toned down. Adler was just too dark for a children's series. They were smart to make Lothor funny the next season. Its too bad they went more serious again with Mesogog. But he wasn't as scary as Mastsr Org at least.
I didn't really care if he was too scary and I disagree about being toned down or "being too dark"

I hated Lothor so that was a bad move. Rita and Zedd did the goofy stuff right, Lothor was just bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Master Org was a good serious villian. I wouldn't want him making one liners or doing comedy. It would ruin the character and his backstory.
agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Ego View Post
Yes it was so stupid when Lothor was treated like a clown and his backstory as Kiya,showed him to be serious. Plus with him killing the Thunder's parents it just didn't make sense.
no doubt about that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Rad View Post
Why in the world would why anyone want to to make a great villian like Master Org into a clown like Lothor?
precisely, Lothor was 1 of the worst ones we've had just because of his bad comedy routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayley Oliver View Post
I don't know I think the real tragedy was the fact Cole never got to know his parents.
that's very true but it is par for the course.

Tommy never got to know his real Parents since he was adapted
We never found out what happened with Mrs. Cranston so it's possible she died when Billy was really young
Justin's Mom possibly passed away

Andros never knew what happened to his
Cole's as we know were murdered
Hunter and Blake's Parents were murdered I don't recall if they were birth or adoptive
Trent's Dad presumably died in a cave-in
Syd only ever mentioned her Mom. Sky's Dad had been murdered.
Nick never knew what happened to his but discovered it.
Jayden's Dad died more than likely
Tyler's Dad went missing for awhile as did Brody's
Same with the Parents that Amelia had
Ravi never mentioned his Dad neither did Zoey while Devon never mentioned a Mom

Quote:
Adler dies rather pathetically in "Masters Last Stand". After just losing to Cole and getting mercy from the man whose parents he had killed. Its hard not to feel sympathy for Adler. those respects. It doesn't mean that he didn't deserve his fate or brought it on himself.

Its interesting because even when the true Master Org returns , he seems to retain Adler's perspective.
I wouldn't say his death was bad since it wasn't in fact it was pretty good. Cole defeated him with his ultimate power to the point Adler lost his powers and was very weak while he was trying to get somewhere in the desert until he fell to his death at the hands of Mandilok

Yes at that point the true Master Org manifested but he still had to deal with the human emotions of the related human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccolo's Legacy View Post
I always thought it was wierd that there was that scene where Shayla tried to convince Master Org to stop like he was still Adler. I know it's easy to see where the Rangers still thought he was Adler. But Master Org answers the question like a guilt ridden Adler who feels there is no redemption. Rather than being the purely evil Mastsr Org.
I didn't think it was weird since to them he was still Adler even though the true Master's spirit had manifested BUT he still had to suffer through whatever the human connection was

Quote:
Ironically Adler's humanity rubbed off on Master Org like Master Org's evil did to Adler. Even though Adler was gone, his memories still remained. As well as an echo of his human soul. From Master Org's prespective he was still Adler. So that scene with Shayla was genuine. We will never know if the real Adler would have repented. But it looks unlikely.
yup precisely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayley Oliver View Post
I never believed that Adler died in " Masters Last Stand". I think he was Adler the whole time after that He just had become a real Org and truly deserved the title Mastsr Org. The original Master Ort was killed by Merrick.
I don't agree since I feel the Master's spirit wouldn't have been able to manifest in someone that was still alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimandTommy View Post
Yes Adler truely became an evil monster and was beyond redemption. He couldn't fool anypne like Kat or Karone. He was evil to the core and outwordly. The Wild Force team had no choice but to fknksh him off for goog.
I agree he couldn't fool anyone but Kat and Karone were not fooling anyone since they were no longer evil no matter how much your imaginary dream land wants to think that all female evil villains will always be evil. What about Tommy? What makes him not evil whereas you believe Kat and Karone are? How about Ryan, Hunter and Blake? They were brainwashed. What about Trent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Reborn View Post
It makes too much sense for Master Org to be possessing Adler 's dead body after "Master's". What would be the point of him fake dying and just coming back as Master Org? Plus we only see Org's possess inanimate things. Jindrax knows Adler wasn't the real Master Org. But he refers to him as the real one they were waiting for all those years.

its likely Org was latent in Adler all that time and let him have access to his powers until the time was rjght to let him die. And in the process really return. Its just Master Org still retained Adler's memories and feelings after his return.
I think you're partially right. Adler ate the seeds which put the Master in him hence the powers that he got however I don't believe he had a way to take control until the host died

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Agreed. The Scene with Shayla does fly in the face of the Adler death in "Last Stand" but the idea the real master just has his memories explains that away. It still feels more natural that the Master Org we see in the end has now possessed Adler's body. After the first had f showing us Adler's possessing Org's powers before his death.
true but I don't know

Quote:

well it wasn't just the Mom but also they were shunning him from the spotlight once they hooked up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro Omega View Post
He clearly showed signs of being psychotic before he even ate the seeds of Master Org.
I don't think so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Stinger View Post
He really didn't have a bad life. And the Evans could have remained good friends and colleagues. He also had a chance to make a tremendous discovery with Animarium. And whose to say he wouldn't have found someone else that truely loved him back? He through his life away over petty jealousy. And feelings of betrayal that wasn't really there. Its likely Mrs. Evans never even knew he was attracted to her like that. Thats where the tragedy of his situation comes in. But it doesn't mean he didn't cause it all himself.
Correct however I also believe the Evans taking over the expedition spotlight played a role in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Lothor View Post
I would have loved it if Master Org was funny and made one liners. Its why I love Lothor so much.
I wouldn't approve of that. It worked with Rita and Zedd but it wouldn't work with Master Org. It doesn't even work with Lothor either because he was serious when he was Kiya so it makes no sense
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply