Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10/24/16, 08:32 PM   #31
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Default Re: Forever Red 2

The actual fan fic (or film in this case) can't be official canon. But events similar to it could happen in the mind of the writer. So its very possible the events of "Scorpion Rain" really did inspire the the backstory to Red. I still believe that was Amit's intent. And really it solves a lot of problems.

And of course the comic book stuff and TJ getting the Turbo morpher are in canon stuff anyway....And have nothing to do with any fan film or fic. So its not like the whole episode is based on a fan fic or film. The plot itself is original as well.

It doesn't surprise me Amit came up with the idea. But the gift from a god thing still at least gives a plausible reason as to why the Wild Rider was able to take out the massive Zord. Its not perfect but it is better than nothing. It also doesn't ruin the episode for me anyway.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/24/16, 09:56 PM   #32
Captain Mutiny
Power Ranger

I think people take the "Scorpion Rain" as the backstory thing too literally. Its like you said, where its really just the backstory was copied from that. Its not that the fan film is canon. I see no reason why the back story doesn't make sense here. We know something must have happened off screen with Serpentera.
Captain Mutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/24/16, 10:40 PM   #33
Tommy Angel
Ranger In Training

"Forever Red" was just to far fetched to me. The fact Jason acted so weird ruined it for me. Also the idea of Jason and Tommy not being friends was stupid. I am just glad they seemed to make up. If they did another one I would want nothing so dark. I would want it to be fun like the early seasons.
Tommy Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/24/16, 10:54 PM   #34
White Spandex Rules
Ranger In Training

I think I would rather see an All Star team. It would be great to see Tommy lead it as White Ranger.
White Spandex Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply