Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/11/11, 11:56 PM   #1
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Green no More

So this may sound weird but there was something I always wondered about this episode.

In it Lord Zedd says that he needs to drain the last of Tommy's Green Ranger powers to power the crystal he used to create the Dark Rangers.

So the weird thing I always wondered was how come they didn't give the Dark Rangers repainted Green Ranger helmets then instead of just burglar masks.

Because it seemed to me that with the exception of Titanium Ranger, and the Spirit Rangers that when they made American original suits they always re used old helmets

Heck the VR Troopers have repainted Red Ranger helmets when they're in Battle Grid mode, and they had powers seemingly unrelated to the Power Rangers.

I don't know that's just something I wondered.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/11, 03:13 AM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Weird question about Green no More

That's a good question but more than likely it had to do with costs. It was probably cheaper to use Z Putty suits rather than make new Ranger helmets and repaint them.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/22/11, 06:17 PM   #3
Zabitan
Administrator

True I just think it's weird that the Battle Grid Trooper suits look more like power rangers than suits that were explicitly called rangers, and were implied to be created from the last of Tommy's Green Ranger powers.

Oh well there's always my fan art thread or fanfics.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/22/11, 06:46 PM   #4
Mnikolic
Comic Relief

They could've just used Ranger suits from a pre-Zyu Sentai. I don't know why they didn't think of that, but they could make arrangements with the Sentai producers to land them Ranger suits from Jatman or Fiveman or any other past Sentai series to at least make the Dark Rangers look better and actually serious. Or better yet, the Dark Rangers was the perfect chance to use the Dairanger suits without confusing the kids or any other viewers. I can't believe Saban didn't think of that during the production of the episode. Besides, it would let them use more Sentai footage, which would make the whole second season look and feel even better. Plus they could work out a whole storyline and not just an arc with the Dai suits without giving the main characters a Ranger costume change.

But yeah, the Dark Rangers sucked. The whole Psycho Ranger Saga from PRiS could've happened like 4 seasons earlier.
Mnikolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/22/11, 08:05 PM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

Yea, it is indeed odd with how they didn't use Ranger suits for the Dark Rangers especially considering the fact that Zedd was planning on reprogramming the Rangers' own zords from what was stated. Not to mention that it's even odder that the Battle Grid helmets were just repainted Red MMPR helmets so it does make you wonder.

In regards to the last post, they probably felt it wasn't a good idea to use any of the pre-Zyuranger suits because even if they did make such an agreement which of course would have required a very heavy pay check, the Saban team usually made their own Ranger suits either way. Even the Disney crew made their own Ranger suits, only I believe they did things differently once they were in New Zealand since I believe they had the luxury of renting out the Toei suits so that they could make an identical costume but probably create it on the cheap.

Yea, they could have used the Dairanger suits as the Dark Rangers but what would be the point? It's clear Saban wasn't interested in using the Dairanger footage for ground fights. Now we know he wanted to keep the same MMPR suits around because of the kids. They were afraid of changing suits because they basically thought it would hurt the ratings.
Also there were probably a lot of issues with Dairanger costumes as well in regards to the monster suits so that probably had a lot to do with it as well.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply