Power Ranger Online Message Board
 

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  
  

Post New ThreadReply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02/08/06, 06:59 PM   #1
Malachi
Putty Patroller
 
Join Date: 02/03/06
Posts: 23
Default

Well I'm watching Forever Red and my wife is like who are these power Rangers. Then I have to go into who each one is and which series they are from. Yet at the end of it its only like 20 minutes long. I haven't seen the Japanese version of it but was it longer then 20 minutes. If it was I feel they so could of done a longer show at least two episodes. I mean I'm a hugh Ranger fan deep at heart and to Have Jason and Tommy on one episode working together again i feel they could of pulled a two parter. Just I love Forever red its just kinda disapointing.
Malachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/06, 12:30 AM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator
 
PRangerX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12/04/00
Posts: 3,733
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Malachi@Feb 8 2006, 10:59 PM
Well I'm watching Forever Red and my wife is like who are these power Rangers. Then I have to go into who each one is and which series they are from. Yet at the end of it its only like 20 minutes long. I haven't seen the Japanese version of it but was it longer then 20 minutes. If it was I feel they so could of done a longer show at least two episodes. I mean I'm a hugh Ranger fan deep at heart and to Have Jason and Tommy on one episode working together again i feel they could of pulled a two parter. Just I love Forever red its just kinda disapointing.
Sentai had a special that year called Super Sentai VS Gaoranger. They did this instead of doing a Timeranger/Gaoranger team up. A team of five Sentai hereos from the past apeared in SS Vs Gao. I beleive the ending featured all the Red Rangers of Sentai's past ( from that point) showing up. I believe it was a two parter or special movie. I am not exactly an expert when it comes to Sentai. But the actual plot or episode was not used in "Forever Red". "Forever Red" featured all american footage.

Keep in mind that PR had a WF/TF that year already. So with "Forever Red" that made three episodes dedicated to crossovers. Forever Red was just meant to celebrate PR's tenth anniversy for the cast, crew, and the long time fans. It was not meant to be more than a special event. Thats why you have to excuse the "how did they get their powers back" question. Forever Red was just supposed to be an entertaining episode, honoring the past. It wasnt made to explain every little detail and how it fit in canon. Sure it would have been nice to have a two parter. But I think its understandable that we got what we got. At one point, the idea of an episode like "Forever Red' was beleived to be impossible outside of fan fiction. I think "Forever Red" stands as a milestone int he series that will never be topped. It also acted as a finalie of sorts for MMPR Productions.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/06, 12:57 AM   #3
Malachi
Putty Patroller
 
Join Date: 02/03/06
Posts: 23
Default

Thanks for responding. Yeah I understand that. But It would of been nice it was only 20 minutes long though. Which gave little time for anything. Yes I'm glade its made and all but yeah wish it was a two parter. Now on the powers part. I beleave they could of been explaind easy with that Its a one shot deal. They just had enough power to transform once or twice more and that would of push the limits of what was left of the power. It was nice though seeing all the Rangers of the past even the Alien Ranger though he never powered down. But I did find the quote from jason funny. "I was doing all the work while he was kissing on Kimberly in the juicebar" or something like that. I found it rather funny.
Malachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/06, 08:39 AM   #4
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor
 
Join Date: 01/14/08
Posts: 1,370
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by PRangerX@Feb 8 2006, 11:30 PM
Thats why you have to excuse the "how did they get their powers back" question.
None of them got powers back because none of them never lost them.

Pay attention the show damn it. It provides all the answers so fucking pay attention or stop watching completely.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/06, 01:50 PM   #5
PRangerX
Administrator
 
PRangerX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12/04/00
Posts: 3,733
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Malachi@Feb 9 2006, 04:57 AM
Thanks for responding. Yeah I understand that. But It would of been nice it was only 20 minutes long though. Which gave little time for anything. Yes I'm glade its made and all but yeah wish it was a two parter. Now on the powers part. I beleave they could of been explaind easy with that Its a one shot deal. They just had enough power to transform once or twice more and that would of push the limits of what was left of the power. It was nice though seeing all the Rangers of the past even the Alien Ranger though he never powered down. But I did find the quote from jason funny. "I was doing all the work while he was kissing on Kimberly in the juicebar" or something like that. I found it rather funny.
Forever Red does have some cut scenes. There is one scene where Max wanted to go with Cole, but Carter piolitely told him it was Red Rangers only. There is another scene where the WF Rangers see two kids (named Ray and Manny) arguing over which Ranger is the coolest. The kids were named after key fandom names. The real life Ray and Manny being the webmasters of Power Rangers Central and the Morphing Grid. I believe Bulk and Skull had a more extended scene as well. There is a scene in the Megaship where Tommy talks to Alpha 7 about how he and Jason hadn't been getting a long in recent years. It was in reference to something that happened in the fandom, I am a little shaky as to what exactly inspired this. But your could see clearly through Jason and Tommy's interaction that there was some sort of disagreement. It seems they put it behind them though. There were some other planned things that didn't happen. They wanted Kat to be in the episode as Tommy's wife, but Catherine Sutherland was unvailable, except to provide the voice over for one of the villains. Orginally at the end there was supposed to be a Zord battle with all the Red Ranger's zords. That was nixed for budget reasons. Originally, Amit wanted the story to be about a group of evil robed men trying to ressurect Dark Spector. But the higher ups wanted Amit to use exisiting costumes for the baddies. Thus why the beatleborgs were used as Machine Empire Generals. They also wanted to get Steve Cardensa ( Rocky) to make a cameo, but he couldn't be reached.

If you think about it the only question in terms of regaining powers is Jason and TJ. The zeo powers were never really lost. Some people argue that Jason still retained his powers after the "Power Transfer", with them only being copied to Rocky. Others think he got them back somehow. From what I heard, Amit wrote the team up as if the orginal team has gotten back together. As for TJ, well look at how Justin got his powers back from Mountain Blaster. The same could have happened with TJ and Red Lightning Cruiser. The Zeo Powers were never really lost so its not surprising Tommy had his Zeo Morpher.

The reason why Aurico didn't demorph was because his orginal actor didn't come back. The same thing almost happened with Leo. But lucky Danny Slavin made a last minute deal to film some scenes unmorphed on blue screen.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/06, 01:52 PM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator
 
PRangerX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12/04/00
Posts: 3,733
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by PRangerX
Thats why you have to excuse the "how did they get their powers back" question.
Quote:
Originally posted by Kamen Rider Decade
None of them got powers back because none of them never lost them.

Pay attention the show damn it. It provides all the answers so fucking pay attention or stop watching completely.
That wasn't my point. My point was that it didn't matter and wasn't intended to be a big part of the episode.

As for Rangers and getting their powers back, refer to my post above this one.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/06, 02:27 PM   #7
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor
 
Join Date: 01/14/08
Posts: 1,370
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by PRangerX@Feb 9 2006, 12:52 PM
That wasn't my point. My point was that it didn't matter and wasn't intended to be a big part of the episode.

As for Rangers and getting their powers back, refer to my post above this one.
Don't care what your point was, just don't spread that garbage. Every Red Ranger in Forever Red had powers and never lost them. That is fact as established by the show. Don't spread that garbage the idiot 'fans' seem to love.

As for your TJ & Justin, still wrong. The powers come from Eltar not Lightning Cruiser nor Storm Blaster, they merely gave TJ & Justin a conduit to access the powers. So LC & SB didn't give them back their powers. For them to give back the powers they would have to fix the power source on Eltar which clearly they can't do since they have no hands.

It is Storm Blaster not Mountain Blaster. Mountain Blaster is a Zord not a sentient living vehicle. It's just plain Lightning Cruiser not Red Lightning Cruiser.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/06, 06:38 PM   #8
PRangerX
Administrator
 
PRangerX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12/04/00
Posts: 3,733
Default

Quote:
[Originally posted by PRangerX
That wasn't my point. My point was that it didn't matter and wasn't intended to be a big part of the episode.

As for Rangers and getting their powers back, refer to my post above this one.
Quote:
Originally posted by Kamen Rider Decade
Don't care what your point was, just don't spread that garbage. Every Red Ranger in Forever Red had powers and never lost them. That is fact as established by the show. Don't spread that garbage the idiot 'fans' seem to love.

As for your TJ & Justin, still wrong. The powers come from Eltar not Lightning Cruiser nor Storm Blaster, they merely gave TJ & Justin a conduit to access the powers. So LC & SB didn't give them back their powers. For them to give back the powers they would have to fix the power source on Eltar which clearly they can't do since they have no hands.

It is Storm Blaster not Mountain Blaster. Mountain Blaster is a Zord not a sentient living vehicle. It's just plain Lightning Cruiser not Red Lightning Cruiser.
I stand corrected about the zord names.

Yes, the Eltar power thing is another theory with the Turbo Powers.

The truth is we really don't know a lot about the backstory here. But we really don't have to. The people worrying about why someone has what power are missing the point.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/06, 06:43 PM   #9
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor
 
Join Date: 01/14/08
Posts: 1,370
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by PRangerX@Feb 9 2006, 05:38 PM
Yes, the Eltar power thing is another theory with the Turbo Powers.
The Eltar power thing is not another theory it is fact, as stated by the show.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/13/06, 09:56 PM   #10
PRangerX
Administrator
 
PRangerX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12/04/00
Posts: 3,733
Default

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by PRangerX
Yes, the Eltar power thing is another theory with the Turbo Powers.
Quote:
Originally posted by Kamen Rider Decade
The Eltar power thing is not another theory it is fact, as stated by the show. [/b]
When was that ever stated on the show?
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does anyone watch Supernatural? PRangerX Off-Topic Discussion 3 04/22/11 03:37 AM
last tv show you watch? Sweetened Angel Power Rangers Modern Archives 20 07/17/07 04:37 AM
Diet Coke and Mentos something you have to watch!!!!!!!! C.hero Off-Topic Discussion 2 08/23/06 06:07 AM
Forever Red LigerZero248 Website Submission Forum 4 04/05/04 01:38 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.