Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 07/11/15, 02:02 PM   #11
Rangermanuel
Power Ranger

Default Re: "The Power Transfer" vs "Passing The Torch": Which Did You Prefer?

Me too TJ Cassie Ashley & Carlos are four of my favorite rangers. However, I find TJ to be equally badass as the Red Turbo Ranger as he was as the Blue Space Ranger
Rangermanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/21, 03:07 PM   #12
JungleFury Cat
Putty Patroller

I prefer Passing the Torch.
"The Power Transfer" was an unexpected disappointment and what made things worse was the lack of seeing them a lot right before it was announced that they leave. I thought I had been watching some side story with temporary characters prior to that. Once they got the ninjetti costumes I think it was easier to accept the new characters, since they had something then that was their own. I'm glad I was able to see Aisha and that Adam replaced Zack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenZeo View Post
Let's be serious, Tommy and the original cast were pretty boring during Turbo while the new team got good character development and had more to do. Heck, even Justin fit better with the new team.
Yeah, that's how it was following the Turbo movie, Zeo and before. The cast change in "Passing the Torch" made me more interested in watching. It's better jumping straight into Turbo without seeing Zeo and earlier for many years.
JungleFury Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/21, 10:01 PM   #13
Zabitan
Administrator

I would say "The Power Transfer" because they were a few episodes beforehand to introduce Rocky, Adam, and Aisha, and we got to see them be Rangers in a fight scene for the first time.

Whereas with "Passing the Torch" only Carlos, and Ashley had been introduced beforehand and we didn't see the replacements as Rangers until the very end, and it wasn't until the next episode that we saw them fight.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/29/21, 02:38 PM   #14
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabitan View Post
I would say "The Power Transfer" because they were a few episodes beforehand to introduce Rocky, Adam, and Aisha, and we got to see them be Rangers in a fight scene for the first time.

Whereas with "Passing the Torch" only Carlos, and Ashley had been introduced beforehand and we didn't see the replacements as Rangers until the very end, and it wasn't until the next episode that we saw them fight.
I'll agree with this since Adam, Aisha and Rocky all got spotlight moments before becoming Rangers and they even morphed in the same ep that they took over as Rangers
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/30/21, 12:25 AM   #15
Miki1988
Power Ranger

I'd say "The Power Transfer" is better than "Passing the Torch". The only letdown of the episode is that ASJ, WEJ and TT weren't actually there during its filming. That was exactly what "Passing the Torch" did right - have the leaving Ranger properly exit the team.

Rocky, Adam and Aisha were introduced as characters before they became Rangers, which helped at least a little bit to the show itself. The whole baby chashing nonsense in the "The Ninja Encounter" three-parter was stupid and unnecessary, but I guess that's what you can do when you don't have half of the main cast available to do their parts. However, it did the trick of bringing the three newbies closer to the team which made a big difference in the "The Power Transfer" episodes later.

The Turbo episode didn't have any of that. The new Rangers didn't even get the chance to properly meet each other and become friends with the leaving members of the team.
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/21, 11:53 AM   #16
PRangerX
Administrator

Both episodes were dealing with changes on the fly. Torch has the advantage of having the actors playing thr departing Rangers to work with. Transfer didn't and really they were gone for several episodes prior.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/04/21, 04:44 AM   #17
Miki1988
Power Ranger

I think "Opposites Attract" is when ASJ, WEJ and TT were on the set for the last time filming the scenes for that episode. Come Ninja Encounter I, the three are gone.
Old 07/20/21, 02:00 PM   #18
PRangerX
Administrator

That sounds right.They were definitely gone by Ninja Encounter. I think White Light was the last time they used the originals for ADR..
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/20/21, 03:51 PM   #19
Miki1988
Power Ranger

And even then - if I remember correctly, the three leaving cast members started showing signs of their departure from the show.
Old 07/25/21, 04:46 PM   #20
Beast Ranger
Putty Patroller

Passing of.the Torch for me. Since it felt more dramatic with the whole team changing. It waa also one of the few good episodes of Turbo. Transfer suffered because of the clunky way they had to fit in the doubles of the originals. Plus the new VAs. They really should have paid the originals to come back so they could do a better send off. Torch doesn't have this problem.
Beast Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply