Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > Kamen Rider Online
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08/07/09, 12:55 AM   #1
TokuNoob
Power Ranger

Smile Pilot Episode Discussion

"go to Veoh and type in "etc.: kamen Rider DragonKnight Pilotfilm" into the search engine. There you can watch the Original First episode of Kamen Riders Dragon Knight.
This was the original Pilot Episode and it gives more insight on the show Kamen Riders as well as its original Versions.
I don't know why they didn't just keep the original Cast.
But still, watch it. You will be amazed. Let me know what you think fter you watch it. Does it change your opinion or not?
Let me know.
Old 08/07/09, 01:11 AM   #2
TokuNoob
Power Ranger

Also, I took the kid's advice and headed over to Veoh. The results were interesting to say the least. Here's the link:

http://www.veoh.com/collection/hana-...47457rPXQGC6p#
TokuNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/07/09, 01:27 AM   #3
TokuNoob
Power Ranger

I watched the pilot. It was obvious so much was just eye candy to win over with the suits.
Old 08/07/09, 01:31 AM   #4
Kamen Rider DiEnd
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokuNoob View Post
Well that comment made me smile anyway. Anyway, I watched the pilot. It was obvious so much was just eye candy to win over with the suits.
Isn't that what a pilot is supposed to do?

I mean, if it didn't seem worthwhile, why bother putting it on TV? Thus they spend the extra buck making sure the pilot is good enough to woo over the Board of Execs, making sure their show is in the bag.

But anyway: I think if Toku was opened here in the west, it would probably get a few more people into the original shows (I have yet to watch Kamen Rider Ryuki, but Dragon Knight is making me tempted to do it.)

[I]"The robber got robbed!" - Tsukasa, Kamen Rider Decade, Episode 24 "Arrival of the Samurai Taskforce"[/I]
Kamen Rider DiEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/07/09, 01:36 AM   #5
TokuNoob
Power Ranger

I was certainly pleased... Here's hoping for a faithful Ultraman adaptation! And maybe Mirror Man!
Old 08/07/09, 06:01 PM   #6
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokuNoob
I watched the pilot. It was obvious so much was just eye candy to win over with the suits.
Because it wasn't designed for fans of the genre, it was designed to entice producers to pick it up. With pilots, you're trying to cram as much of your overall vision as possible into a small timeframe, so that you'll actually be able to tell a large story to the fans of the genre one day.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/07/09, 07:45 PM   #7
TokuNoob
Power Ranger

Which is why so much is revealed, why the first two episodes were condenced into one, and why we had random stock footage at the end.

Other than the stock footage the pilot is hillarious! I won't give too much away for those who haven't seen it, but Xaviax's minions talk!

"He saw us!"
"What we do!?" LOL!

And Len!, "Kamen Rider... Wing Knight... [...= Dramatic William Shatner Pause] Initiate..." He sound like Captain Kirk!

Last edited by TokuNoob; 08/08/09 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08/10/09, 09:10 PM   #8
PRangerX
Administrator

I believe it was either Toei or CWkids that wanted the cast change. It was one of the suits. The writers also rewrote the first four episodes that they had first drafts for.

The piolet was fine for what it was. But obviously alot of it was rushed for time. And the concept of the show wasn't fully evovled like it is now.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/10/09, 09:18 PM   #9
TokuNoob
Power Ranger

All I can say is the recast with Kit was acceptable, but Maya is alot more annoying now than she was in the pilot (or is that just me).

Ladies and gentlemen, Matt Mullins! The one nobody recasts! (They probably just kept him because he had martial arts skills!)
Old 08/11/09, 05:15 PM   #10
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokuNoob View Post
All I can say is the recast with Kit was acceptable, but Maya is alot more annoying now than she was in the pilot (or is that just me).
It's comparing apples and oranges. Pilot Maya was sarcastic and opinionated, series Maya is flighty and self-absorbed. It's writing, not casting.

Fun fact: Matt Smith (pilot Kit) worked as a P.A. on Dragon Knight.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply