Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers Online Feedback And Requests

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06/01/05, 01:45 AM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Ezboard hacked

Ezboard got hacked. The situation is under control now but it may have resulted in the lost of some posts. So far I don't see us losing much. Unfrotunatly my Thunder Force RPG pretty much got deleted. Not sure about the others. It looks like we didn't get hit too bad other wise. However if you notice anything missing, you know why.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/05, 01:49 AM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Damn looks like things are worse that I thought, the fanfiction forum and best of PRO section have been totally wiped it seems. Not sure if there is anyway to get things back at this point. Sorry for anyone who lost there work. It was beyond my control.
Old 06/01/05, 09:08 AM   #3
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

This is why ezboards is crap. You are totally dependent on them to maintain your board's information. This is also why Vbulletin is infinately superior, you keep the backup information yourself if you make a backup of it.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/05, 02:54 PM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

Yeah this diffinitly makes it seem more tempting to go VBulletin.
Old 06/01/05, 07:04 PM   #5
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

If I ran this board, this would be the final straw that made me move to VBulletin. But I wouldn't be able to because A) Funds, B) knowledge, and C) I don't do FTP ever its more annoying than IRC when trying to download off it.
Old 06/04/05, 07:59 PM   #6
Franko Alan
Shadow Ranger

*Drops to his knees*...the horror...the horror....the...horror
Old 06/05/05, 08:44 PM   #7
Smokin Ranger
Ranger In Training

damn x, what you gonna do? I bet you and primal are upset bc you two guys had a nice rpg going. Any word on if you guys are going to start up a new one?(rpg that is)
Smokin Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/05, 10:16 PM   #8
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

We could keep going, I suggested erasing all those can't be restored posts and make Thunder Force the beginning of the RPG instead of the now deleted MMPR one, I also suggested start over from the beginning and redo everything, I have some different plans for this though for my characters.
Old 06/06/05, 02:41 AM   #9
PRangerX
Administrator

Yeah sorry guys, but don't worry this isn't the end of PRO, it sounds like ezboard is due for a nice upgrade soon. But I may just go VBulltin and try to get the posts we have left transfered over. The only thing you all would have to do is re-register, but that would be easy. Again, I am sorry for those of you who lost your fics or rpg's, especially if ezboard can;t restore them. Which I wouldn't get my hopes up for. Lets try to make the best of the situation, at least we got to keep a lot of posts, some boards lost everything.
Post New ThreadReply