Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/09/11, 03:18 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default RPM Premiere Discussion: "Road To Corinth" and "Fade to Black"

The wait is almost over. Its time for the premiere of Power Rangers RPM, on March 7, 2009 ( Which is today but might as well put the date for reference purposes) . Depending on on the time you're ABC Affilate shows it. So Discuss away.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/11, 03:19 PM   #2
Orange Ranger
Ranger In Training

It seems nice, so far. I already have two ideas for possible fan fiction depending on how the season goes. Everything about it seems cool, or at least cooler then some seasons before it. Don't know what will happen, yet. The only bad thing is the theme song. Isn't that great. Things seems good.
Orange Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/11, 03:20 PM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

I actually like the theme song. I think its pretty catchy. Its nice to see PR firmly back to its rock routes. After the power pop rap we got in MF and OO.

But the episodes themselves were nothing short of amazing. This felt completely different to any type of PR season we have had in years. And probably a step futher in the more serious department then "Countdown to Destuction" and "Force From The Future Part 1".

But the best part is how the characters and the story seem to be recieving a lot of attention. Having the Power Rangers literally defending the last city on Earth makes things seem very important. If you're going to create a darker PR season, this is how you do it.

I really liked how we finally got rid of the whole Red Jions the team late or is a newbie thing that we got the last several years. And its nice that the focus seems to not only be on Red. We actually mainly got Ziggy and Dillon this episode. But I suspect more from the other Rangers later.

Dillion, wow. The character is going to be a lot of fun. He is a bad ass with a heart deep down. The actor did a good job getting into the role. I love the diolouge they wrote for him.Ziggy is pretty funny. And adds comic relief to the show. His endless rants and double talk makes for some interesting scenes. He was a good contrast to Dillion. I like how Summer seems to have hard edge to her and could stand up to Dillion. It will be interesting to see the relationship between Truman and Scott. Seems pretty frosty to me. The fact Scott's bother died and couldn't even get consolement from his dad is pretty cold.

The villains seem interesting. I don't like the one comic relief villain. He just doesn't fit. Venjix seems pretty intimadating. I'm still convinced its the Venjix from "Forever Red". Tenayel 7 is going to be interesting to get to know.

One gripe goes to ABC family. Why the heck do they go to commerical breaks after the credit sequence. I mean that works if you do a teaser before the credits. But they don't hear. Its assnine and actually gets people to change the channel to see what else is on. Its a shame too because the first five minutes of RPM would have made a great teaser.

I don't know what to make of the zord footage yet. Its going to take time to get used to it. It seemed very different to some of the recent zord battles. And really I was just fixated on the story and characters at this point. There will be time to reflect on the morphed and zord footage later.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply