Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers Online Feedback And Requests > Zabitan's Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06/25/15, 10:42 PM   #221
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Zabitan's Magic Happy American Tokusatu Reviews

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at On The Wrong Track written by Danielle Weinstock, and directed by Al Winchel.

So we start off with today's "My dad taught me" moment where Ryan once again talks about the time his dad taught him to never give up.

We then go to the Underground Voice Daily where Woody informs Kaitlin, and Percy that he's going to Mexico to cover the Pan Global games, and he's taking them as well.

At Ziktor industries one of his secretaries gives him a gold medal that's powered by the sun, and Ziktor explains that anyone who wears one will become his slave.

Then he transforms into Grimlord, and further explains that he plans to use the medals to transform the first place winning athletes at the Pan Global games into his mutants.

At the practice field for the American team Kaitlin meets with Ryan, and JB, and it turns out that one of the runners Tim is an old friend of Kaitlin's.

Then Kaitlin takes pictures of the athletes, and we get a comedy bit where Percy shows off, and hurts himself which means Woody, and him have to stay, and Ryan, and JB have to take their place.

We then go to Mexico where we get a montage of the Troopers goofing off then at the games Tim wins a race, and the Troopers congratulate him.

But the Troopers get a message from the Professor explaining that there's a reality break where there at, and the Troopers decide to split up.

Doom Master, and some Skugs teleport into the trophy room, and Doom Master has the Skugs replace the real medals with Grimlord's but JB appears, and Doom Master teleports away, and the Skugs fight JB.

Not much happens other than JB kicks Skugs, and flips them over, and eventually flips one into the others, and destroys them.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/25/15, 10:43 PM   #222
Zabitan
Administrator

The other Troopers appear, and they figure out Grimlord's after the athletes but don't know how he's doing it.

They check on Tim who is awarded the medal but it turns out to be Grimlord's, and we see his eyes glow red, and his skin glows gold, and the medal absorbs Tim, and flies away.

At the Dark Fortress Tim appears now in the form of a red, and blue bodybuilder like mutant with a trophy for a head named Athletetron.

While back at the field the Professor explains what's going on, and has JB, and Kaitlin keep other athletes from becoming mutants while Ryan transforms.

Ryan jumps onto a balcony, and Athletetron throws him, and throws a giant ball at him while back at the field Kaitlin tries to disrupt the events while JB tries to deprogram Grimlord's medals.

Atheletron punches Ryan, and teleports away, and Ryan tries to hit him with his laser but keeps missing, and then they both end up on some weird video game like platforms.

Back at the stadium the Professor explains that the only way to deprogram the medals is to expose them to direct sunlight so JB transforms, and summons the Skybase.

In the Indigo Sector Athletetron throws his ball at Ryan some more but Ryan kicks it back at him so Athletetron turns invisible but Ryan finds him with his scanner, and uses his laser.

At the Dark Fortress Grimlord sees what's happening so he orders an aerial assault on the Skybase while at the games Kaitlin keeps stalling the events.

In the Indigo Sector Ryan shoots Athletetron who's now giant with a laser, and he shrinks down, and Ryan summons the Laser Saber, and Athletetron summons his own sword but Ryan destroys him.

Ryan, and Tim then reappear at the games, and Kaitlin stalls the award ceremony, and JB appears with the medals returned to normal.

At the Dark Fortress Grimlord once again shame his minions

Back at the games the winners are awarded the real medals, and Kaitlin shares a moment with Tim before she, and the other Troopers have to leave for Crossworld City.

Ryan then sums up the moral of the day the end.
Old 06/25/15, 10:43 PM   #223
Zabitan
Administrator

Final Thoughts.

Today's episode was pretty good actually.

I liked the story with Kaitlin covering the Pan Global games, and Grimlord using contaminated medals to transform the winners into his mutants.

I also liked Tim, and how they teased the idea of him being a potential love interest for Kaitlin.

I also liked a lot of the funny bits they did.

Really my only thing is Athletetron, and even then he was a cool monster with cool powers it's just that I wasn't a fan of his whole trophy head he had but everything else looked cool.

And it bugged me that Kaitlin was the only Trooper who didn't transform in this episode.

Especially since it seemed like she, and JB could have just told the athletes, and officials that someone tampered with the medals, and had Kaitlin join JB for the spaceship battle.

Though I can't think of anything that they cut out from the Shaider episode other than a part with the Valvios in robot form fighting spaceships.

Tune in next time for more Magic Happy VR Troopers Reviews.
Old 06/27/15, 01:23 PM   #224
Zabitan
Administrator

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at Forward into the Past written by Stewart St John, and directed by Vickie Borough.

So we start off with today's "My dad taught me" moment where Ryan thinks about the time his dad taught him that things from the past are important to the future.

We then go to a park where the Troopers have a race, and Kaitlin wins, and they see an old man who gives them some bracelets.

But he turns out to be Doom Master, and the bracelets glow pink, and teleport JB, and Kaitlin away.

At Ziktor industries Ziktor explains that the bracelets he gave the Troopers are time machines.

Then he transforms into Grimlord, and summons an androgynous white wizard with horns named Knighttime who Grimlord explains is old friend who happens to be a dark prince of time travel from a savage universe.

JB, and Kaitlin are in a mountain range, and wonder where they are, and after finding some large bones figure out they've been sent back in time, and to confirm that they run into a tribe of cavemen.

At the lab the Professor explains what's going on, and gives Ryan a device to find the other Troopers, and tells him to go to where they disappeared.

Then in the past the cavemen surround JB, and Kaitlin, and touch them, and Kaitlin's music player falls out, and the cavemen like it so they worship the Troopers, and take them away.

At the Dark Fortress Grimlord orders Knighttime to build a larger time machine to send everyone on Earth to the beginning of time where they will cease to exist.

We then go to the park where Ryan uses the device to find where JB, and Kaitlin disappeared from the present day but Grimlord sees him doing, and orders Skugs to put a time machine on Ryan.

Not much happens other than the Skugs kick Ryan, and he punches, and kicks back, and eventually he kicks them into each other, and destroys them.
Old 06/27/15, 01:25 PM   #225
Zabitan
Administrator

Back in the past the cavemen are still checking out JB, and Kaitlin, and feed them bugs, and play some more music but get angry when the music player runs out.

At the lab the Professor finds where JB, and Kaitlin are, and explains what Grimlord is up to, and tells Ryan to use Grimlord's device to rescue the other Troopers but destroy it afterwards to prevent Grimlord from having it.

Back in the past JB, and Kaitlin are tied up with vines, and the cavemen steal their virtualizers, and time bracelets.

At the Dark Fortress Ivar, and Knighttime are looking around a scrap pile which Knighttime explains is his time machine, and that it's almost complete.

While back at a warehouse the Professor explains that that's where Grimlord's time device is, but Grimlord sees Ryan, and Oraclon sends a green lizard like mutant named Lizbot after Ryan so he transforms.

Lizbot attacks Ryan with a silver staff but he blocks it so Lizbot summons Grimlord's other minions but Ryan fights them off so Lizbot attacks him with her staff some more.

Back in the past a cave girl comes up to the Troopers, and Kaitlin is able to convince her to get the virtualizers, and time bracelets but the older cavemen return.

Ryan fights with Lizbot some more but she retreats to the Indigo Sector, and Ryan chases after her with Nitro Cycle.

In the Indigo Sector Lizbot breathes fire, and shoots electricity at Ryan but he shrinks her down with a laser but a spaceship fires on Ryan so he destroys it with Shoulder Cannon.

Back in the past there's a funny part where JB, and Kaitlin try to distract the caveman with music by whistling, and it works.

Back in the warehouse Ryan finds the time machine, and brings JB, and Kaitlin back to the present day, and destroys the time machine with the Combat Module.

At the Dark Fortress Grimlord once again swears vengeance on the Troopers.

Back at the Underground Voice Daily we get a comedy bit with Woody in a caveman outfit.

Old 06/27/15, 01:25 PM   #226
Zabitan
Administrator

Final Thoughts.

Today's episode was okay.
One one hand it felt like a rehash of The Negative Factor and like that episode JB, and Kaitlin spend the entire episode untransformed.

Especially since I thought that they could have Ryan rescue JB, and Kaitlin earlier, and just replaced the part where Ryan uses Shoulder Cannon on the spaceship with JB using Techno Bazooka on Air Fighters, and Quantum Cruisers.

And replaced the part where Ryan destroyed the time machine in the Combat Module with Kaitlin destroying it in the Battle Cruiser.

Not only that but this episode is one of the few ones that cuts out the part where Ryan destroys the monster.

One the other hand I did get a kick out of the parts with JB, and Kaitlin back in time with the cavemen.

Also Lizbot was a cool monster with cool powers.

And this episode introduced one of my favorite characters Knighttime.

I like the story behind him, and without giving away too much about how it turns out I will just say that later on we see that he has all sorts of cool powers.

And because he's an early example of what I like to call a Darkonda villain on account of how his story turns out.

Last edited by Zabitan; 06/27/15 at 02:53 PM.
Old 06/29/15, 06:37 PM   #227
Zabitan
Administrator

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at Into Oraclon's Web written by Clifford Herbert, and directed by Vickie Borough.

So we start off with today's "My dad taught me" moment where Ryan thinks about the time his dad taught him that it takes time to build a bond.

We then go to Tao dojo where everyone is setting up stuff for a tournament that the dojo is hosting.

At Ziktor industries Ziktor pets Juliet while complaining about the VR Troopers, and his minions.

Then he transforms into Grimlord, and shames them for failure, and they blame each other for it, and Oraclon claims that he can destroy Ryan because he knows Ryan's weakness.

At the tournament JB, and Kaitlin are doing registration while Ryan judges alongside two of the business suit dudes.

Then a young woman in a white karate gi with the words Chan Dojo appears, and she fights another woman in a black karate gi.

Ryan is smitten with the girl in the white gi, and impressed with her karate when she wins her round, and afterwards the other Troopers talk about her, and explain that her name is Alexis, and only Kaitlin sees her eyes glow.

Then Alexis goes up to Ryan, and explains that she's going to compete in a tournament in Japan, and wants Ryan to help her train, and after a comedy bit with Percy Ryan agrees.

Then we see Alexis training at Tao dojo, and the Troopers are impressed by her but then she asks for help with a move that Kaitlin saw her doing perfectly.

So Kaitlin tells JB, and Jeb, and Jeb recommends calling her dojo which JB does, and Ziktor answers pretending to be Alexis' sensei Chan.

But JB realizes something is up when Chan mentions Tao even though JB didn't say anything about Tao.

So JB, and Kaitlin confront Ryan about Alexis, and Ryan defends her, and tells them that they should talk to Alexis to get her side of the story.

Alexis then goes into a warehouse, and orders some Skugs to contact Grimlord for her, and Grimlord wants her to lure Ryan into the Dark Fortress.

The Troopers follow Alexis into the warehouse, and when she hears them she has the Skugs tie her up, and when the Troopers see it a Skug fight breaks out.

Not much happens other than the Troopers kick the Skugs, and Ryan frees Alexis, and she helps kick Skugs.

JB, and Kaitlin team up to destroy two of the Skugs while Ryan destroys the other three Skugs, and afterwards Alexis gives a cover story, and she goes out with Ryan.
Old 06/29/15, 06:38 PM   #228
Zabitan
Administrator

We then go to the museum where Alexis is showing Ryan around a secret room, and when Ryan goes in the door locks behind him, and Alexis pretends to be in trouble so Ryan transforms.

Ryan tries to escape while Alexis contacts Oraclon who tells her to destroy the other Troopers while Ryan uses his scanner to find a button that opens a garage with a motorcycle.

At the Underground Voice Daily Alexis shows up, and tries to give another cover story but Percy shows up, and spills water on her causing to short circuit, and she gets into a fight with JB, and Kaitlin.

The motorcycle takes Ryan to the Dark Fortress where Grimlord, and Oraclon explain what's going on, and Oraclon grows tentacles, and a robotic body.

Ryan jumps at Oraclon with his sword but Oraclon grabs him, and electrocutes him so Ryan frees himself with his laser.

But Despera takes the fight to the Indigo Sector where Oraclon shoots electricity at Ryan.

Back at the Underground Voice Daily JB, and Kaitlin grab Alexis but she reveals her true form as a black, and silver Bobba Fett like robot.

And she starts throwing the Troopers, and everyone else around the Underground Voice Daily

In the Indigo Sector Oraclon shoots more electricity at Ryan, and separates his body from his head but Ryan destroys his body with his laser.

Oraclon shoots lasers at Ryan so he attacks his head with Laser Saber but it doesn't work, and Oraclon breathes fire, and shoots electricity at Ryan.

At the Undergound Voice Daily JB, and Kaitlin run outside, and transform, and Alexis follows them but they fire lasers on her, and destroy her.

Back in the Indigo Sector Oraclon shoots more electricity at Ryan so he uses his Laser Saber again, and pierces Oraclon's middle eye which weakens him enough for Ryan to destroy him.

At the Dark Fortress Grimlord orders Oraclon be rebuilt, and once again swears vengeance on the Troopers.

Back at the Underground Voice Daily we get a comedy bit with Woody, and Ryan shows up, and the Troopers explain what happened to each other.

Old 06/29/15, 06:38 PM   #229
Zabitan
Administrator

Final Thoughts.

Today's episode was pretty good.

On one hand it's pretty much a gender swapped version of The Virtual Spy but at the same time that was a good episode.

I liked Alexis since I liked how she interacted with Ryan with the idea that if she was a real person she would have been a potential love interest for Ryan.

And even then I liked her mutant form since it was a cool monster, and I liked that it was completely American made even if it was just kitbashed from the Dark Heart suit from Defending Dark Heart.

I also liked the fight between Ryan, and Oraclon with Oraclon's separate robot body.

My only problem is that there wasn't much actual fighting against Alexis in mutant form.

And as much as I liked it I would have saved the fight with Oraclon for another episode since the Shaider episode they used was the final episode.

And because there are a gazillion unused Shaider monsters.

Old 06/29/15, 08:55 PM   #230
Zabitan
Administrator

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at Santa's Secret Trooper written by Clifford Herbert, and directed by Vickie Borough.

So we start off with today's "My dad taught me" moment where Ryan thinks about the time his dad taught him that it's better to give than it is to receive.

We then go to Tao dojo where the Troopers, and Tao are selling Christmas trees to raise money for an orphanage.

And after a comedy bit with Ryan trying to sell a tree to a lady who can't decide we get a bit with a family who wants one but can't afford it so Ryan, and Tao lower the price for them.

We then see the Troopers, and some kids in a bus singing Jingle Bells while JB spots a vertically challenged man in weird clothes running through the forest.

At Ziktor industries Ziktor, and his secretaries explain that they are looking for the man JB saw since he has magical powers.

At the forest the Troopers, and the kids are having fun, and the Troopers say what they want for Christmas while someone overhears them.

Then Ryan plays a song for the kids, and the little man comes out, and the Troopers, and the kids chase him up a tree.

The man explains that he's an elf named Otto who fell off Santa's sleigh during a test drive, and he has all sorts of powers like teleportation, turning water into hot chocolate, and granting wishes but only for others.

But Ziktor sees them through a Skug so he transforms into Grimlord, and orders his minions to kidnap Otto.

At the dojo the Troopers, the kids, Tao, and Otto are celebrating, and the Troopers go outside to discuss how to get Otto back to Santa.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
episode discussion, vr troopers