Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/17/18, 05:38 PM   #21
DinoThunderKira
Comic Relief

Default Re: What are the names of Tommy and Kim's children?

If Tommy and Kira ended up together now it wouldn't be creepy. Since would be over 30.
DinoThunderKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/17/18, 06:50 PM   #22
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
I can't see why Disney would insist on such a pervision or why Saban Brands would have allowed it.
yea they wouldn't have. Disney wanted to get rid of Power Rangers and Saban would've made sure to get all of the content granted the only unknown info is the Disney music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoThunderKira View Post
If Tommy and Kira ended up together now it wouldn't be creepy. Since would be over 30.
of course it would be creepy just based on the age difference alone.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/17/18, 08:22 PM   #23
PRangerX
Administrator

To be fair JDF is much older than Tommy. Dr. Oliver was still in his 20s during DinoThunder. But even if it was ten years later it would be odd for Oliver to get romantically invovled with a former student. Becoming good friends long after the fact perhaps. But I suspect Kira still thinks of Tommy as Doctor O.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/18, 12:16 AM   #24
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
To be fair JDF is much older than Tommy. Dr. Oliver was still in his 20s during DinoThunder. But even if it was ten years later it would be odd for Oliver to get romantically invovled with a former student. Becoming good friends long after the fact perhaps. But I suspect Kira still thinks of Tommy as Doctor O.
perhaps not let's assume he was 18 or 19 when he graduated so he was that age in Turbo so let's say if my calculations are correct and he's still in his 20s like you said then he'd be in the late 20s so closer to 30 and yes not only odd but creepy for a current or former Teacher to date one of his former students it's one thing if they're good friends but I do also suspect that she thinks very highly of him.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/18, 08:45 AM   #25
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Tommy wouldn't lower himself to date onen of his former students. No matter how bad the writing has gotten.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/18, 11:50 AM   #26
Miki1988
Power Ranger

I'm just going to go with what "A Season To Remember" had shown. Tommy and Kat eventually get together, have kids and than grandchildren. And since we saw Command Center/Power Chamber blowing up THREE times and since (at least a variation of) Billy's communicators still work, we can assume that both Tommy and Kat ended up passing the torch to someone else in their family.

Also, there's no way that Tommy is still in his twenties in DinoThunder. JDF might be older than his character on the show, but being stuck with the same age for a decade is ridiculous even for Power Rangers. He's in his thirties or close to being 40.

Kimberly could be with Jason or the guy she mentioned in her breakup letter to Tommy. I'm sure the three worked out their differences in the end, since the legendary battle happened and there's no way that any of the three would have missed it.

BTW... Kira and Tommy? Seriously? I'd rather see Kira and Trent get together, since I always got a feeling that the Disney guys were shipping those two together, but Trent't inability to control the White Dino Gem got in their way of being together, besides them being Power Rangers.
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/18, 03:39 PM   #27
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Tommy graduated from high school in 1997. DinoThunder takes place in 2004. So if we assume Tommy was 18 in Turbo. He would have been 25 in DT. Even if you say he was 19 in Turbo, he would have been 26 in DinoThunder.

JDF was much older than Tommy in MMPR. While its a stretch to say he was playing a 14 year old. That kind of disbelief happens in high school theme shows all the time. And we know Tommy grsduated in Turbo after four years. Frank was 20 years old during MMPR season 1. So in theory is six years older than Tommy. In DinoThunder JDF was 31. He was boring in 1973 and is currently 44. Tommy should be 38 by now.

I still agree Tommy and Kira ending up together would have still be weird. Even if Kira would be 32 currently. Just the fwct she was once his student and protege would scientist seem odd. I can believe Kira had a crush on him at one point! But Tommy had no sjch romantic feelings.

Kira and Trent would make a good couple. Credit for them should go to the production staff. Since Disney wasn't comfortable with their relwtisonhip and ordered it stopped.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/18, 04:48 PM   #28
Kira Fan
Putty Patroller

I could definitely see a Kira and Tommy relationship working now. Kira is a grown woman and hasn't been Tommy's student for over a decade. We don't know if Tommy is even feaching anymore.
Kira Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply