Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > General Fandom Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/28/16, 05:06 PM   #1
mbozzo
Power Ranger

Default Comment on Power Rangers Morphinverse

I have read Power Rangers Reloaded for days right now. I like how you adapted the Bath Ruthless episode from the Sentai version. While the monster did appear in an episode of the first season, his episode wasn't.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/16, 05:22 PM   #2
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Comment on Power Rangers Reloaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbozzo View Post
I have read Power Rangers Reloaded for days right now. I like how you adapted the Bath Ruthless episode from the Sentai version. While the monster did appear in an episode of the first season, his episode wasn't.
Thanks.

Yeah I think that %90 of what I was trying to do with this story was besides redoing the big events, and multi parters I wanted to take monsters that weren't adapted or were but they ended up in other monsters' episodes, and change that.

I'm already halfway with my version of Season 1, and I already watched all of Dairanger, and now I've just got to watch Mighty Morphin Season 2, and finish this story so you should be glad to know there's a lot of monsters I'm gonna adapt.

Last edited by Zabitan; 02/28/16 at 06:50 PM.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/17, 09:53 PM   #3
Virtual Vagabond
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Comment on Power Rangers Morphinverse

This is a good story but what made you think about some of these ideas like Zedd being both the original Green Ranger, and Lokar.

Or Quagmire having a family, and Scorpina being Goldar's wife.
Virtual Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/17, 10:23 PM   #4
Zabitan
Administrator

That's a good question.

First things first I'll start by saying that I got the idea for the story because I read other people's fanfics like Ryuranger's Ultimate Power Rangers, ShinySephiroth's The Power Rangers Archives, and Battle Ranger's the Revised Power Rangers Saga, and wanted to do my own take on a Power Rangers Ultimate/Expanded Alternate Universe story.

And my idea was to watch a Sentai season starting with Zyuranger, and then watching it's respective Power Rangers seasons starting with Mighty Morphin season one, and then figuring out what I liked, and what I didn't, and then taking out the stuff I didn't like, and combining the things I did.

I also realized that when I watched Zyuranger I liked the overall plot but I wasn't a fan of the episode plots whereas with Power Rangers I had the opposite problem in that I always wish it had an over arching story but I liked the individual episode plots.

As for why Zedd is the Green Ranger well I think that came from a lot fanfics having this idea that Zedd used to be a Ranger himself and turned evil with most folks thinking he was either Red or Green.

The Reason I also made him Lokar is that I always wondered why Lokar was just a very powerful monster, and not Rita's boss especially when I found out that not only was he played by the voice of Robert Axelrod like Zedd but also was Bandora's boss in Zyuranger.

I came up with Quagmire's family because I felt there were similarities between Quagmire, and Gnome from Zyuranger with both being elfish beings who initially seem unhelpful but end up helping the Rangers in a big way.

His son Nemo is meant to be similar to Gnome's grandson who released the Green Ranger in Zyuranger.

While his wife is meant to be Clotho from Zyuranger because I wondered why she never got adapted for Power Rangers.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/17, 08:11 AM   #5
Kimberly Cares
Ranger In Training

She could have been Rita 's good sister.
Kimberly Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/17, 08:14 AM   #6
Sentai Is Forever
Sentai Snob

Writing with Zyuranger in mind was a good idea. Although I'd stick with the Sentai plots and ditch anything inspired by American Sentai. Of course I would write episode summaries of Zyuranger instead of a fan fic. Since it is somgood, it doesn't need to be remade.
Sentai Is Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/17, 08:15 AM   #7
Gosei Gold
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabitan View Post
That's a good question.

First things first I'll start by saying that I got the idea for the story because I read other people's fanfics like Ryuranger's Ultimate Power Rangers, ShinySephiroth's The Power Rangers Archives, and Battle Ranger's the Revised Power Rangers Saga, and wanted to do my own take on a Power Rangers Ultimate/Expanded Alternate Universe story.

And my idea was to watch a Sentai season starting with Zyuranger, and then watching it's respective Power Rangers seasons starting with Mighty Morphin season one, and then figuring out what I liked, and what I didn't, and then taking out the stuff I didn't like, and combining the things I did.

I also realized that when I watched Zyuranger I liked the overall plot but I wasn't a fan of the episode plots whereas with Power Rangers I had the opposite problem in that I always wish it had an over arching story but I liked the individual episode plots.

As for why Zedd is the Green Ranger well I think that came from a lot fanfics having this idea that Zedd used to be a Ranger himself and turned evil with most folks thinking he was either Red or Green.

The Reason I also made him Lokar is that I always wondered why Lokar was just a very powerful monster, and not Rita's boss especially when I found out that not only was he played by the voice of Robert Axelrod like Zedd but also was Bandora's boss in Zyuranger.

I came up with Quagmire's family because I felt there were similarities between Quagmire, and Gnome from Zyuranger with both being elfish beings who initially seem unhelpful but end up helping the Rangers in a big way.

His son Nemo is meant to be similar to Gnome's grandson who released the Green Ranger in Zyuranger.

While his wife is meant to be Clotho from Zyuranger because I wondered why she never got adapted for Power Rangers.
Those ideas all make sense. Quagmire does remind me of those Zyuranger characters. I guess Clotho could have been a good spirit trying to protect Tommy.
Gosei Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/17, 08:19 AM   #8
PRangerX
Administrator

I thought the same thing about Lokar once I found out about his VA, plus the fact Rita seemed to draw power from him. I wonder if they ever considered having Zedd be Lokar?
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/17, 01:36 PM   #9
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
I thought the same thing about Lokar once I found out about his VA, plus the fact Rita seemed to draw power from him. I wonder if they ever considered having Zedd be Lokar?
I hadn't thought of it until Zabitan brought up his suggestion of Lokar being Zedd but it'd be an interesting way of doing things but something else that I'd find much cooler is that Lokar would be defeated by the Ultrazord in Doomsday but he retreats just in time then he spends this time away to gather more energy so he can properly fight and actually becomes a monster not like Zedd but something that's more fitting of Lokar's design.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/17, 05:51 PM   #10
Tommy Hater
Ranger In Training

Maybe Samurai can incorporate that into his fic. Just don't have Tommy single handly defeat him.
Tommy Hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply