Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > VR Troopers Online > VR Troopers Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/22/16, 10:30 PM   #1
Zabitan
Administrator

Default VR Troopers What If?s

Since there's threads about Power Rangers What if?s I thought about VR Troopers having one as well.

I'll start with some obvious ones.

What if they went with the original idea of Cybertron with or without Jason David Frank, and Spielban, and Shaider would be their own shows?

What if Jason David Frank did VR Troopers but it was still the VR Troopers we did get except instead of Ryan Steele it had JDF as Tommy Oliver, and everything that was about Ryan on VR Troopers was about Tommy?

What if VR Troopers had a movie like Power Rangers?
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/25/16, 09:24 PM   #2
mbozzo
Power Ranger

Default Re: VR Troopers What If?s

What If Saban adapt B-Fighters as VR Troopers season 3, using the same cast as the first 2 seasons?
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/09/16, 11:27 AM   #3
Zabitan
Administrator

That would have been cool.

What if they kept the Battle Grid suits but called them something like Hyper Tech mode, and instead of only using them in the Battle Grid they used them to fight Ultra Skugs, Mutant Skugs, and Vixens?
Old 06/09/16, 02:50 PM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabitan View Post
Since there's threads about Power Rangers What if?s I thought about VR Troopers having one as well.

I'll start with some obvious ones.

What if they went with the original idea of Cybertron with or without Jason David Frank, and Spielban, and Shaider would be their own shows?

What if Jason David Frank did VR Troopers but it was still the VR Troopers we did get except instead of Ryan Steele it had JDF as Tommy Oliver, and everything that was about Ryan on VR Troopers was about Tommy?

What if VR Troopers had a movie like Power Rangers?
I think it might've lasted longer if they went that route depending on if JDF stayed in as the first series Trooper (who was originally called Cybertron) and then things would completely end and the next series would be a complete change over meaning no JDF in it but they could've picked like someone else who was previously a Ranger if they still wanted to do something like that like for example they could've went with I don't know maybe Johnny Yong Bosch?

that would've been interesting about JDF being Tommy in the VR Troopers world since we never did see any of his Parents so it wouldn't clash with anything although he did mention that he knew of him and met them but he was probably referring to his adoptive Parents and not his biological Parents but then again I don't think it was ever said whether Tommy was adopted or not was it?

I don't think VR Troopers would've ever gotten as big to deserve a movie treatment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbozzo View Post
What If Saban adapt B-Fighters as VR Troopers season 3, using the same cast as the first 2 seasons?
then they wouldn't have needed to combine footage from 3 different seasons and the Beetleborgs wouldn't exist instead the Beetleborgs suits would just be new Trooper suits. Not sure if Grimlord would remain though due to the other villains but they did have the B-Fighter and B-Fighter Kabuto suits so they could've had the new villains be new minions for Grimlord that he had recruited while exploring Virtual Reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabitan View Post
What if they kept the Battle Grid suits but called them something like Hyper Tech mode, and instead of only using them in the Battle Grid they used them to fight Ultra Skugs, Mutant Skugs, and Vixens?
that would've been really cool.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/15/16, 01:45 AM   #5
Zabitan
Administrator

Here's a random one.

What if Kaitlin could use her Double Team Command powers when she was in Battle Grid mode?

For that matter What if she could use her Power Transfer Command powers, and JB could use Vortex Command while in Battle Grid mode?
Old 09/04/16, 04:24 PM   #6
Caveman Koda
Putty Patroller

It would have been awesome if Tommy was in VR Troopers. I wouldn't want him to not be in Power Rangers though.
Caveman Koda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/04/16, 04:28 PM   #7
PRangerX
Administrator

I'v thought about the whole Tommy senario too. I don't know if I would want to give him up in season 2 on but it is fascinating to think about. Even if the original idea was actually to have the actor playing a different character.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/05/16, 02:29 PM   #8
Forever Pink
Comic Relief

VR Troopers as a spinoff campanion series to PR , starting JDF as Tommy? It does make for an interesting alternate history to ponder. I don't know if Frank as Adam would have had quite the sane kick though.
Forever Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/07/16, 12:30 AM   #9
Zabitan
Administrator

What if they adapted Emperor Guillotine from Spielvan as Nuttsy Nichols' virtual mutant form, and made him a recurring villain like Knightime?
Old 01/09/17, 06:35 PM   #10
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

I would hate the idea of Tommy getting his own show but at least it would have stopped him from becoming White Ranger. And it was when his character was actually good as Green Ranger.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
vr troopers, what ifs