Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Online Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/13/02, 03:01 AM   #11
Windgrail2
Ranger In Training

Default Two theories on Phantom's Identity....

One of my many theories of the Phantom is that he is Alex (Yes, I've posted it before, but the fresh newbies wou;dn't know that). We all know that Alex is in the business patroling timelines. Let's say that there's a disturbance in the 1997 timeline and he must act quickly before the future is shifted. So he creates the Phantom Ranger suit (after all, he did build the Time Shadow, so why couldn't he build a Ranger suit?) The suit itself is a time traveling device (Phantom Ranger can exist outside of time as in "When Time Freezes Over") So he assists the Turbo Rangers and establishes a temperary base underground. To help them, he builds Artillatron and the five Rescuezords. But he unexpectingly falls in love with Cassie. When his mission is complete, he returns to the year 3000. Then comes the capture of Zordon. Alex knows that Zordon must die so that his energy will wipe out neaby evil, but maybe something transpired where Zordon would die sooner than he was supposed to. This would prompt Alex to return and seek out Zordon. Along the way, he helps out the Space Rangers and gives them the Delta Megaship, which he also constructed. Alex sticks around until the Millenium Battle comes along. (I believe that Alex also built the Blue Senturion and sent him back in time to warn the Rangers about the Millinium Battle in "Millenium Message" Blue Senturion is a time-traveling police officer and so is Alex- see the connection here?,,,) After the battle, Alex returns home, but he finds himself very lonely from missing Cassie. That's when he meets Jen. The rebellious attitude in Jen is simular to Cassie, so he takes her under his wing and become a engaged. The rising threat of the criminal mutats becomes more and more urgent, so Alex modifies his Phantom Ranger suit into a more flexible Time Force suit and becomes the Red Time Force Ranger. The red ruby the powered the Phantom suit is now used for the Time Force suit. He defeats Ransik even after taking some heavy hits. Once all the mutants are locked away, Alex has more time to experiment some more, so he divides the Red Ruby's power into five separate Time Force uniforms, forging the five Chrono Morphers. But he unexpectingly faces off with Ransik again, and 4/5th of his Ranger power has gone to the other Ranger suits, which explains why Ransik beat him so easily. Ransik himself even qoutes "That was far too easy." Maybe by using the Orb of Life (like the one he gave to Mr. Collins later on), he survives and continue to watch over the timelines. Now he is focused on watching the 2001 timeline, that is when he creates the Time Shadow Megazord to assist the Time Force Rangers. He continues to watch them and the mutants, and finally travels to the year 2001 when the timeline is disrupted by the Serum formula. The time shifts are more drastic than ever before so he sets his mind solely on the mission and not Jen. Though is upsets him greatly to witness Jen taking Wes' side. He realizes his actions are too rash, and lets Wes complete the mission. Alex again returns home. Now he builds the Strata Cycle for Wes to use to protect Jen. Then comes the deciding battle. Alex urges the Time Force officers to return home so they won't be detroyed. When they do, he quickly arranges for their memories to be erased, perhaps partly motivated to get Jen to forget about Wes so that she will be his again. But when Jen returns the engagemetn ring to Alex, he is reminded of how it felt to lose Cassie.

Another theory is that the Phantom Ranger technology was an early work of Lightspeed's. (Phantom Ranger and Lightspeed Rescue suits both have circuitry in them) (Phantom Ranger had RESCUEZORDS, possibly built by Lightspeed as prototype zords.) Face it guys, the good people at Lightspeed didn't decide one day "Oh I'm bored, Mitchey. Watcha wanna do?" "Oh I don't know, Angela. Hey let's play a prank on old General McKnight and build Earth's first manmade Power Rangers, an army of Zords, and enough artillary to blow his mind." Many years had to go into this, possibly begining right after Captain Mitchel lost young Ryan to Diabolico's spirit form in that car crash. After that happened, Mitchel dedicates his life to unlocking the secrets of the Demons and how to keep them from hurting anyone else ever again. So Lightspeed is turned into a testing ground for creating devices capable of defeating demons. And for the next 15 years, this went on, test after test. Now suppose Phantom Ranger was derived from that testing, but something went seriously wrong and melded the suit to the human's body permenantly. The only way to keep him alive in this condition is to have the Red Ruby as the main Power source. I'll elaborate more on this theory later, but it's night-night time for me...
Windgrail2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/13/02, 03:09 PM   #12
Cross My Line
Power Ranger

Default Re: Two theories on Phantom's Identity....

I'm not Alex.
-
-
I am the Phantom Ranger.
-
-
Something wrong with your theory there
Cross My Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/13/02, 03:45 PM   #13
ForeverBlue
Power Ranger

Paragraphs would help alot.
ForeverBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/13/02, 07:44 PM   #14
MiChaos
Power Ranger

I do not believe that Alex is the Phantom. In Countdown to Destruction, the purple planet was introduced as the home of Cross My...sorry Phantom Ranger ( ), indicating he came from our timeline. In Phantom's first episode he was introduced as an Eltarian Voyager. He was a well established component in our timeline. For the same reasons, I do not believe Phantom was connected to Lightspeed, as I doubt Mitchell has even heard of Eltare.

I still say Phantom Ranger was connected to Zordon somehow.
MiChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/14/02, 01:46 AM   #15
Windgrail2
Ranger In Training

Two problems with those theories-
1--if NASADA's head hancho knew what Eltar was (by Justin mentioning the name of Eltar, the commander handed over the Astro Megazord Shuttle over to the Turbo Rangers in "Chase into Space part 2"), then who's to say that Mitchell never heard of Eltar???????

2--That purple planet was "the home of the Phantom Ranger" (as quoted by Astronema in CTD 1) She never said it was his HOME planet. Leo Corbett, Mike Corbett, Damon Henderson, Kai Chen, Karone, Bulk, Professor Phenomenus, Kendrix Morgan and Alpha 6 now call Mirinoi their home, but does that make Mirinoi their HOME planet? No no no no.

Eltarian Voyager? Same deal. He could have easily established a base on Eltar and took on a REPUTATION as an Eltarian Voyager. Sorry, but that title proves nothing.

CML...nah, I'm too tired to unload on you tonight. heeheehee

******FOLLOW THE PATH YOUR WIND DIRECTS YOU IN, NOT ANOTHER'S**********
Old 05/14/02, 03:19 PM   #16
Cross My Line
Power Ranger

And Alex still lives in the future. So how can he be in Silver Hills in the future, but still call the Purple planet is home in our timeline hmm?
-
-
And Mitchell lived under the sea, away from the world thinking about some demons. He didn't seem to have any knowledge of past battles on Earth, and was a complete idiot. The chances of him knowing about Eltare are slim, to no chance at all.
-
-
The guy at Nasada only knew of Eltare because he was obviously in on the whole thing with Zordon. If he wasn't how in the hell did he have a shuttle that could connect to the Megaship and help form a Megazord?
Old 05/14/02, 07:21 PM   #17
MiChaos
Power Ranger

Preach on my brother. TESTIFY!!
MiChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/02, 12:25 AM   #18
Windgrail2
Ranger In Training

(gasps) What's this? Di...did I just hear CML ASSUMING a whole crapload details that was never proven on the show? Apparently, hell has frozen over.
-
The Astronema era ended at the millenium, and the Silver Hills era took place in 2001, it's VERY possible that Alex could have done both. (And btw, does the phrase "exosting out of time" mean anything to ya?)
-
Who's to say how much Mitchel knew of Ranger history? I'm pretty sure that the minds of both hr and Ms. Fairweather could produce just a teeeeeeny of outside world info. Yes, he lives under the sea, it's nice that you have a memory which works that well, but I guess satellite images, servallence, and television all went extinct before Lightspeed opened for business.
-
Yes, the NASADA guy was part of Zordon's "Master PLan" as quoted by Alhpa 6. Again, we seem to not know Mitchell's factoid limitations.
Old 05/15/02, 03:06 PM   #19
Cross My Line
Power Ranger

If a man wllingly chooses to live under the sea, there's obviously something wrong with him.
-
-
Now how many times does Under the Sea have to be said before someone goes and sings the song from the Little Mermaid?
Old 05/16/02, 08:38 PM   #20
Windgrail2
Ranger In Training

Don't make light of Disney now that it's at the control helm. They'll see a post mocking them and by next month we'll have Power Rangers on Ice! Noooooooooooooooooooooooo...
The sealife is always greener...
-
Oh, and Reverend D'Von (MiChaos), ya might wanna TESTISFY! for the Disney fund, lol.
Post New ThreadReply