Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > General Fandom Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/08/15, 07:07 PM   #51
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: Power Rangers Legacy Discussion

The Ninja Storm chapter was less about the powers and more about the story progressing. It was nice twist having have become Legacy Phantom. Especially since the Dark Phantom powers would have currupted her again. I am glad we had her have some self doubt instead of just joining the team automatically. It made for good character growth.

The nazi storyline with Diane was well done. It was a good focus episode for her
as she had.to deal with her family history including a Nazi. It was a good character moment for her and a very big issue to deal with. The plot also lined up well with Eve's own path for redemption.

There is not much I didn't like about this. The Ninja Powers were not central to the plot. But I can't complain about this. Because really it would be a bad thing if the powers were just used for fan service. It was nice to keep it about the story.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/15, 12:16 AM   #52
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

To be honest, I was a bit worried about what people would think in regards to the Nazi part of the storyline. I was afraid it'd come off as offensive. I know the powers came off as secondary in this chapter, but I wanted to do a a little more story driven piece with it, and I figured Ninjas vs Nazi would be cool. Glad you liked it!
The Ghost Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/11/15, 12:00 PM   #53
Superstatler
Power Ranger

I would have liked to have seen a past villain to have come back for real and be the big bad in this. It is cool how Dark Phantom can turn into past villains though.
Superstatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/11/15, 12:10 PM   #54
PRangerX
Administrator

The DinoThunder chapter gave us more good character interactiong and got us to get to know Eve a little more. Its interesting how the dance storyline becomes a storyline for the next few eps.

But the big story here is the villians getting their hands on the Dark Phantom Morpher. It will be interesting to see what they do with it. Its good that the morpher was not forgotten about.

I did think it was a little odd for Eve to know so.much about shopping and to be acting like a typical school girl. I guess Eltar is similar to Earth's Culture.
Old 02/11/15, 04:24 PM   #55
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

PRX, for the storys sake, I progress time at a faster rate. Even though she recently joined the team, it could be a few days or even weeks between chapters. I was wanting to avoid the 'one chapter=one episode= one day' type deal where the next chapter is only the next day.
Old 02/16/15, 11:20 AM   #56
PRangerX
Administrator

The SPD chapter saw the return of Dark Phantom. I figured they would use the morpher to create a new one. We got some good character stuff with Zeke. As we learned that he has a father in prision for hacking. It gave us some good background on him. It will be interesting to see why the villains needed all that steel.
Old 02/16/15, 11:21 AM   #57
Astronema
Power Ranger

I wonder who the new Dark Phantom is? I really like Eve's storyline so far. Going back further, the Lightspeed Team up was pretty cool.
Astronema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/15, 12:14 PM   #58
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

PRX, you'll see . Astronema,glad you enjoyed that chapter!
Old 02/22/15, 08:16 PM   #59
PRangerX
Administrator

The Mystic Force chapter concluded the dance storyline. Glad to see that was followed up on. As we got more great character interaction. Looks like there is romance brewing between Jake and Diane.

I like the use of the Mystic Force powers here, It made sense to the story. It was cool seeing Clair as Mystic White. It was clever to use a spelled Fire Hart against the Rangers. I like the tribute to Peta Rutter. Well done there.

Now that I am caught up on episode thoughts I can start reading again.
Old 02/23/15, 03:27 AM   #60
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

Glad you liked it PRX, Mystic Winter is one of my favorite chapters in the story, despite not liking Mystic Force all too much. I figured Clare would work for the new White Mystic Ranger as part of the new generation.
Post New ThreadReply