Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > General Fandom Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadClosed Thread

Old 05/16/07, 07:19 AM   #1
greywolf
Ranger In Training

Default Something New.

So as some of you know I have developed a bad case of Writer's Block on the Greywolf thing. But I have not givin up yet. One day I will have enough time to write out both of my fics but for now I thought I would share a short story I wrote as a part of my as yet untitled Fiction.

Jake is a singer and songwriter who lives in New York City. He has been trying to make it big for years. And from time to time will write songs for people and events. After writing one song for the birth of his best friends first child the song is played the childs uncle who directs films. The Director ask the father who the person singing the song is tracks down Jake to ask him to write a song for an upcoming movie he is making.

A few weeks later Jake is on the set of a major motion picture taking a tour of the set and learning about the movie making process. He is to meet with the Director and Executive Producer in five minutes.

Jake finds the Director as he call for the Lunch break.

"Ah Jake Crowe It's good to see you again. Have you got that song I asked you to write." The Director said.

"Yes Sir. I finished recording a demo for it yesterday. Where Can I play the tape for you?" Jake asked.

"Well first we have to wait for Ben the Executive Producer then we can go into my office and take care of business."

Suddenly a guy in a suit came running up and said, "The studio is not happy with the way the trailer is looking they want to meet with you and the editor ASAP"

"God are they ever gonna be happy with anything we hand them? I am sorry Jake is there anyway you can hang around for a bit while I go and handle this?" The director asked.

"Oh yeah sure. No problem. Should I just wait here for you?"

"Yeah I should be back in about 20 min. Feel free to get some stuff from the catering tabel." he said as he walked away with the guy in the suit.

Jake walked around the set for a few minutes before deciding to see what the catering table had to offer. He went and grabbed a doughnut and ate it.

He relized that he was the only one around and felt a little nervous. He thought to himself "Kinda weired being left alone on the set of a horror film."

As if on cue the next thing Jake heard was a woman screaming. He looks around and sees a guy creeping up on a girl with a bloody knife. And the girl is still screaming. Jake leaps into action and tackles the guy with the knife and tells the girl to run.

The Girls screams out, "EDDIE COME QUICK. EDDIE I NEED HELP!"

The next thing Jake knew he was up against a wall with a club to his neck.

"What is the matter with you? You could have really hurt somebody. What were you thinking." Asked the girl.

"What is going on here? Is everything all right?" asked the returning Director.

"This guy just came along and tackled Jerry." Said the Guard who untill now had been silently holding Jake against the wall.

"He did what? Well I am sorry Jake but I am afraid I am gonna have to go another direction with the song for the movie." The director said.

"But I thought..."

"Save it. You brought this on yourself. Eddie get him out of here. Are you okay Jerry?"

The guard tossed Jake out the door. And threw the demo disc out too.

Jake sat there trying to figure out how he manage to loss yet another gig.

As he started to get up the girl who had screamed came out.

"Hey sorry about that. I am use to people knowing that we are on a movie set when I am rehearsing. It took me a second to realize that you were trying to save me. That was kinda sweet."

"Yeah thanks. Is that other guy okay?"

"He'll be fine in a while. Right now he is pitching a fit with the Director. If you want I can go in there and demand that they give you your job back. And if they refuse I will walk off set with you."

"No that's okay. There's no point in both of us losing a job for no reason. But thanks uh I never got you name?"

"It's Katie and thanks again for saving me" she said with a giggle.

"Well I am Jake and besides the whole losing a job and getting thrown out a door it was a pleasure. So since the actor is gonna be at it a while do you think maybe I could take you out to lunch."

"Not today but I am only on set for one day so let me give you my number and maybe we can go out tonight?" she took out a pin and a small piece of paper and wrote her number on it.

"Okay I will give you a call tonight around 6?"

"That should be fine. See you tonight."

End Short Story here.

See I can finish something I write. :P

Let me know what you guys thank.
Old 05/20/07, 02:36 PM   #2
kiraford5
Power Ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to kiraford5

omg. i ♥♥♥ it.
Old 05/21/07, 04:51 AM   #3
greywolf
Ranger In Training

Thanks I just realized that I named the Guard Twice. ops: For future refrence we are gonna stick with Eddie.
Old 06/27/07, 04:48 AM   #4
greywolf
Ranger In Training

I Misspelled "Pen" ops: :roll: I was out of it when I typed that up.

This Mess is a Place
Old 08/12/07, 06:05 PM   #5
Sweetened Angel
Power Ranger

i like your story. it pretty cool
Old 08/12/07, 08:06 PM   #6
Asleepintheelement
Ranger In Training

Was it really necessary to rebump it from being like two months old?
Old 08/12/07, 08:13 PM   #7
Sweetened Angel
Power Ranger

yeah i did not see date sorry my bad.

i closed this thread.
Post New ThreadClosed Thread