Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > Kamen Rider Online
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/01/09, 08:35 PM   #11
TokuNoob
Power Ranger

I mean I don't see how it relates to the Matrix! Not english.. Uhh... Sorry.
TokuNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/09, 01:39 PM   #12
HenshinSlayer
Comic Relief

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokuNoob View Post
I mean I don't see how it relates to the Matrix! Not english.. Uhh... Sorry.
Okay, let me start this whole thing over in scratch. If I wrote an english version tell me which theme should be in each kamen rider series like dragon knight in Highlander theme.

Kamen Rider Blade - Kamen Rider Blade
Theme:

Kamen Rider Blade: Blade
- Jack Form: Jack Form
- King Form: King Form
Kamen Rider Garren: Galleon
Kamen Rider Chalice/Joker: Chalice/Joker
- Wild Form: Wild Form
Kamen Rider Leangle: Leangle
Kamen Rider Glaive: Golden Ace
Kamen Rider Lance: Emerald Ace
Kamen Rider L'arc: Ruby Ace

Undead: Tarot Arcana

Kamen Rider Faiz - Kamen Rider Phize
Theme:

Kamen Rider Faiz: Phize
- Accel Form: Speed Mode
- Blaster Form: Blaster Form
Kamen Rider Kaixa: Chiser
Kamen Rider Psyga: Psiga
Kamen Rider Delta: Delta
Kamen Rider Orga: Omega
RiotTroopers: Omicron Troopers

Orphenoch: Mutants

Kamen Rider Kabuto - Kamen Rider Kabuto
Theme:

Kamen Rider Kabuto: Kabuto
- Hyper Form: Hyper Form
Kamen Rider Gatack: Kuwagata
Kamen Rider TheBee: Wasp
Kamen Rider Drake: Dragonfly
Kamen Rider Sasword: Scorpion
Kamen Rider Kick Hopper: Kick Hopper
Kamen Rider Punch Hopper: Punch Locust
Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto: Black Kabuto
Kamen Rider Heracus: Silver Beetle
Kamen Rider Ketaros: Bronze Beetle
Kamen Rider Caucasus: Gold Beetle
ZECT Troopers: Ant Troopers

Worm: ___________
Native: ____________

Kamen Rider Kiva - Kamen Rider Fang
Theme:

Kamen Rider Kiva: Fang
- Garulu Form: Lycan Form
- Basshaa Form: Merman Form
- Dogga Form: Franken Form
- Emperor Form: Emperor Mode
Kamen Rider IXA: X-Slayer
- Save Mode: Knight Mode
- Burst Mode: Paladin Mode
- Rising IXA: Rising Crusader Form
Kamen Rider Saga: Viper
Kamen Rider Yami no Kiva: Vamp
Kamen Rider Rey: Polaris
Kamen Rider Arc: Necro
Kamen Rider Kivala: Lady Fang

Fangire: Vampires

Kamen Rider Kuuga and Agito - Kamen Rider Warrior
Theme:

Kamen Rider Kuuga: Scarab
- Growing Form: Zero Form
- Mighty Form: Warrior Form
- Rising Mighty Form: Neo Warrior Form
- Amazing Mighty Form: Ebon Form
- Dragon Form: Dragon Mode
- Rising Dragon Form: Neo Dragon Mode
- Pegasus Form: Pegasus Mode
- Rising Pegasus Form: Neo Pegasus Mode
- Titan Form: Titan Mode
- Rising Titan Form: Neo Titan Mode
- Ultimate Form: Ultimate Mode
- Rising Ultimate Form: Neo Ultimate Mode
Kamen Rider Agito: Ascender
- Ground Form: Earth Mode
- Storm Form: Wind Mode
- Flame Form: Fire Mode
- Burning Form: Corona Form
- Shining Form: Aurora Form
Kamen Rider G3: Guardian-3
- G3-X: Guardian-3 X
Kamen Rider Gills: Savage
- Gills Exceed: Exceeded Savage
Kamen Rider Another Agito: Descender
Kamen Rider G4: Guardian-4

Grongi: __________
Unknown: Chaos Beasts

Kamen Rider W: Kamen Rider Gemini
Theme: Sherlock Holmes

Kamen Rider W: Gemini
- Cyclone/Joker: Cyclone/Joker Form
- Heat/Metal: Heat/Metal Form
- Luna/Trigger: Luna/Trigger Form
- Fang/Joker: Fang/Joker Form

Dopant: ____________
HenshinSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/09, 09:00 PM   #13
Tendou
Ranger In Training

TokuNoob you can watch almost all of the Kamen Rider series subbed on TV Nihon's site. That's how I watched them.

As for the topic of this thread I have to disagree with them basing it off of Highlander. There are similarities, but I doubt that was their intent. Now for Kabuto I think the theme should focus on government oppression. They don't need to change any of the Rider's names because they all fit English excluding the three Riders from the movie. They changed the Ryuki Riders names because they were completely Japanese excluding Knight and Odin.

The others I would need to think more about, but I would only like to see Blade, Faiz and Decade being the only other ones made. No Den-O, Kuuga, Agito, Hibiki or Kiva due to lack of Riders and no Hibiki because it is not a real Kamen Rider show. Just a last minute fill in. Double could be a possibility depending on how the series progresses.
Old 12/02/09, 09:46 PM   #14
TokuNoob
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou View Post
TokuNoob you can watch almost all of the Kamen Rider series subbed on TV Nihon's site.
Not with my limited internet access plan. And I tend to enjoy shows more on a television screen anyway. And as usual I tend to agree with Tendou. There really wasn't much of a Highlander "theme" to it, more like vague similarities. (Remake of Highlander planned for 2010. This has nothing to do with the thread, but since Highlander was mentioned I felt it was justified.)
Old 12/02/09, 09:52 PM   #15
Tendou
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokuNoob View Post
Not with my limited internet access plan. And I tend to enjoy shows more on a television screen anyway. And as usual I tend to agree with Tendou. There really wasn't much of a Highlander "theme" to it, more like vague similarities. (Remake of Highlander planned for 2010. This has nothing to do with the thread, but since Highlander was mentioned I felt it was justified.)
Yeah that's understandable. I know there are Kamen Rider shows subbed on Youtube and other places. I don't remember if limited internet access affects streaming content. I had recently bought a new computer and the screen is actually bigger than my tv and is an LCD screen. Plus I could stream it to my tv through the 360 which is a feature I never knew about until recently.
Old 12/02/09, 10:15 PM   #16
KamenRiderToriga
Putty Patroller

Another reason to consider 360 over Wii for me. Damn.
KamenRiderToriga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/09, 03:52 AM   #17
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou View Post
They don't need to change any of the Rider's names because they all fit English excluding the three Riders from the movie. They changed the Ryuki Riders names because they were completely Japanese excluding Knight and Odin.
And Scissors, and Tiger, and Verde (which was Spanish), and Femme (which was French).

Quote:
no Hibiki because it is not a real Kamen Rider show. Just a last minute fill in.
Oh, how erroneous that statement is...

Was the original conception of what became known as Hibiki plotted out as a Kamen Rider series? No. Was said concept molded as expertly and for just as long as any other season to become a Kamen Rider series? Yes.

Hibiki was certainly different from the average Kamen Rider, but it was by no means "last minute". I suggest you do research on this subject, rather than trust those whose opinions were formed mostly from the missing Rider Kick or lack of the word Henshin.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/09, 03:43 PM   #18
Tendou
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo View Post
And Scissors, and Tiger, and Verde (which was Spanish), and Femme (which was French).

Oh, how erroneous that statement is...

Was the original conception of what became known as Hibiki plotted out as a Kamen Rider series? No. Was said concept molded as expertly and for just as long as any other season to become a Kamen Rider series? Yes.

Hibiki was certainly different from the average Kamen Rider, but it was by no means "last minute". I suggest you do research on this subject, rather than trust those whose opinions were formed mostly from the missing Rider Kick or lack of the word Henshin.
I say last minute as an expression due to the way the show was handled. I should have elaborated much more clearly. Hibiki like you said was initially not a Rider show idea. It was made into one, but very little was altered to make it fit into the Rider universe. The lack of the usage of Henshin and the lack of a Rider kick in I believe the entire show.(Might have missed a time when they said it.) This was one of the most prominent issues and may seem like a little thing, but is a recurring trend in the Riderverse. This is by no means the biggest problem though. Also the style while unique was completely completely different than any other Rider series and bore no similarities what so ever. The show had strong musical themes, but the themes overtook the show itself and would have been fine if it was not a Kamen Rider show.

The director or creator(can't remember what his title was)expressed massive disappointment in what he was allowed to do and what he wasn't allowed to do. The show started with many interesting concepts and had for example the usage of fire coming out from the Oni's mouths and claws. All of that was changed due to the target audience of a Rider show. The studio forced a change in that because many of those interesting concepts were too graphic for the target audience. Thus the show went under a disappointing change. The latter half was filled with changes to the script leading to dropped characters, lessened characters and other issues. The ending was changed numerous times and ultimately the show was a mess.

Now I use the expression last minute because the show was hardly modified to be a Kamen Rider show. They didn't modify it to fit the target audience which is the biggest problem. They did little to nothing to make the show appropriate for the time slot. Like I said earlier there were many interesting concepts in the first part of the show, but all that was changed throgh the course of its run because of issues I cited. The show seemed to be modified only during its run and not prior. Thus it seems like a last minute show even if they spent the same amount of time with it like other series.

Now comes my opinion on the show. Besides these facts I disliked virtually all of the show. I did not enjoy the strong emphasis on music. I am not a musical or artistic kind of person so a music themed show has already lost me. The glare in manys scenes was maddening. The production value at first seemed decent then it just dropped off the map. Mostly the second half killed the show for me.
Old 02/13/10, 01:56 AM   #19
KR Stardust
Putty Patroller

Hmm...interesting topic. I'm not so sure about the one for Decade though. Reason being that what about those that are not familiar with the other Riders, as well as the background stories?

As for Double...I can sort of see some potential for that one.
KR Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/13/10, 05:08 PM   #20
TokuNoob
Power Ranger

I think Americans just can take the style. It's too far from reality for the casual viewer to take seriously or to view as worth anything, it isn't antimated and too budget constricted for little kids hooked on "Dinosaur King" and "Pokemon."

Sadly, Tokusatsu will remain solely for the enlightened.
Post New ThreadReply