Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > Kamen Rider Online

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/20/11, 02:06 AM   #1
Zabitan
Administrator

Default What Kamen Rider motifs haven't been done yet?

I've been thinking about all the motifs that had been done on Kamen Rider (insects obviously, cards, yokai, vampires, greek symbols, time travel, etc), and I was trying to think of ones that haven't, and I thought of some.

For starters I don't think there's ever been a plant based Kamen Rider, I also don't think there's been a space themed Kamen Rider but that's because I heard Toei has moratorium on setting Kamen Rider or Super Sentai anywhere besides modern day Japan, I also heard that before Decade they were thinking of doing a water themed Kamen Rider.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/22/11, 11:37 PM   #2
mbozzo
Power Ranger

Lightbulb Re: What Kamen Rider motifs haven't been done yet?

How about a Kamen Rider series that take place on another planet?
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/23/11, 08:08 PM   #3
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: What Kamen Rider motifs haven't been done yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbozzo View Post
How about a Kamen Rider series that take place on another planet?
That's why I wanted to see a space theme in Kamen Rider.

Here's what I'm thinking maybe in the distant future say a century or two there's this big intergalactic war with pretty much every planet in the universe going at it, and the Earth forces start converting soldiers in mutant cyborg super soldiers for the war but one of them secretly works for all sides of the war, and takes over the universe, and puts his generals in charge of all the planets.

And the rider is a cyborg trying overthrow him by going around the various planets, and fighting his generals, and the feel of the story would be like Japanese samurai stories, and American westerns.

And the planets would all have various themes like robots, ghosts, dinosaurs, deserts, water, etc.
Old 04/08/11, 07:34 PM   #4
Digifiend
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabitan View Post
I've been thinking about all the motifs that had been done on Kamen Rider (insects obviously, cards, yokai, vampires, greek symbols, time travel, etc), and I was trying to think of ones that haven't, and I thought of some.

For starters I don't think there's ever been a plant based Kamen Rider, I also don't think there's been a space themed Kamen Rider but that's because I heard Toei has moratorium on setting Kamen Rider or Super Sentai anywhere besides modern day Japan, I also heard that before Decade they were thinking of doing a water themed Kamen Rider.
The mandate is that they must be set on Earth. Timeranger, Ohranger and Kamen Rider Kiva prove that it doesn't have to be the present day.
Digifiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/11, 09:51 PM   #5
Zabitan
Administrator

Huh I would like to see a Kamen Rider set in the samurai era but that might seem too much like the Hibiki movie or Henshin Ninja Arashi.

Maybe a post apocalyptic Kamen Rider would be cool.

Though if that's true it still kills my Space Kamen Rider idea.
Post New ThreadReply