Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/28/15, 09:40 PM   #1
Adam White Tiger
Power Ranger

Default Omega Ranger

Omega Ranger is underrated. I don't care if he was just a ball of light. I think it was an original idea and was a clever way of getting around budget issues. I really like a lot of the scenes Omega is in. It was cool how they introduced us to young Sam just before he arrived. I did wish we would get more of Nova Ranger.
Adam White Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/15, 10:00 PM   #2
Usagi Reborn
Power Ranger

Default Re: Omega Ranger

Omega Ranger sucked. He was a ball of light. The same back story was tacked on and didn't make sense. He became just another prop or weapon. If they didn't have the money for another regular why not drop Piggy or Boom?

Nova isnt a big deal to me since she is in one episode. Not that she seemed special either.
Usagi Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/15, 10:28 PM   #3
Everyone Loves Rocky
Ranger In Training

I liked him too. He had some cool powers. Plus we already had six main Rangers. Plus we had Kat Ranger and Nova Ranger as extras. Omega was fine for what he was. He was Sam... It made sense because they said he was only a ball of light due to time travel.
Everyone Loves Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/15, 10:45 PM   #4
Sailor Chaos
Comic Relief

Omega was just a good idea that was poorly executed. They never really gave him enough characterizations. Making him some kind of alien would have made more sense than having him be Sam.
Sailor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/15, 11:51 AM   #5
Sailor Dragonzord
Putty Patroller

Omega should have had an actor protraying him. They should have planned things out better. They could have cut the supporting cast to make room for seventh lead.
Sailor Dragonzord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/15, 11:53 AM   #6
Spike Hart
Ranger In Training

I think Boom should have become Omega Ranger. He was already a member of the cast. Plus it would have fit his storyline. I could so see Boom riding that unicycle.
Spike Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/15, 11:56 AM   #7
Sentai Is Forever
Sentai Snob

Omega Ranger should have been a Ranger from another branch of SPD. Just like in the sentai. They could have had him come from an Alien Race with no physical form to get around the actor issue.
Sentai Is Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/15, 11:58 AM   #8
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

This is why I like MMPR. The Green and White Rangers were introduced in a special way. All the other extra Rangers were treated like refular Rangers. No one can top Tommy. I can only imagine how bad White Ranger would have been if he was a ball of light and not Tommy. Omega Ranger was the worst.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/15, 01:46 PM   #9
PsychoGreen
Comic Relief

I was not a fan of the whole time travel thing that they did with his character, and the ball of light thing didn't exactly help matters any.

But his costume was pretty damn cool, so there's that. But then no morph sequence.
PsychoGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/15, 02:22 PM   #10
Superstatler
Power Ranger

It was bizzare having a Ranger that was basically just morphed all the time and had no actor. Bruce Kalish even admited that the way he handled Omega Ranger was a mistake.
Superstatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply