Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers Online Feedback And Requests > Zabitan's Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 07/10/15, 11:30 AM   #251
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Zabitan's Magic Happy American Tokusatu Reviews

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at Field, and Scream written by Worth Keeter, and directed by Vickie Bronough

So we start off with today's "My dad taught me" moment where Ryan thinks about the time his dad taught him that there's more than one way to solve a problem.

We then go to Ziktor industries where Ziktor is having a press conference to announce he's tearing down Crossworld Forest to build a research park.

But the Troopers challenge Ziktor to go on a camping trip they're hosting for the nature scouts, and if he goes through with it Kaitlin will give him good publicity, and he accepts.

Later though we find out that the research park is a front to build an oil well, and he transforms into Grimlord, and orders Despera to prevent the camping trip with the Troopers.

At Tao dojo the Troopers are taking out some camping stuff, and explain everything to Tao then some kids show up, and transform into an army of Skugs.

The Skugs just jump around, and after one of them trips on some camping gear, and the Skugs just say fuck it, and transform into Ultra Skugs, and one of them gets a fishing box on it's head.

Otherwise nothing much happens other than JB, and Kaitlin knock some of the Ultra Skugs into a tent, and destroy them, and Ryan destroys the rest.

Then Grimlord summons Ivar, and orders him to summon Knighttime, and have him take over for him while he's on the camping trip.

At the forest the Troopers, and the nature scouts are just arriving, and it looks like Ziktor won't show up.

But then he shows up in his limo, and we're treated to some comedy bits where everyone goes hiking but Ziktor sucks at everything.

At the Dark Fortress Knighttime appears, and Ivar tries to shake his hand but it's intangible, and Ivar expresses his displeasure with Knighttime.

At the camping trip we get another comedy bit where Ryan makes Ziktor listen to some scary stories, and Ziktor doesn't like the one Kaitlin tells.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/10/15, 11:31 AM   #252
Zabitan
Administrator

Then Knighttime appears in the real world, and later in the morning we get another comedy bit where Ziktor has to clean up after breakfast

Then the Troopers get a message from the Professor telling the what's going on so JB transforms.

Knighttime shoots a laser at JB, and disappears so JB chases after him, and after some more comedy with Ziktor falling into a pond.

Then he contacts Ivar, and orders him to send two mutants Bazookabot, and Ravagebot through the reality barrier.

Then Ryan, and Kaitlin get a message from JB saying he needs help so Ryan decides to stay with the kids while Kaitlin transforms to help JB, and splits into two Kaitlins.

The two Kaitlins fight Skugs while JB fights Bazookabot who's a red mutant with a cannon sticking out it's shoulder.

Then Quantum Cruisers, and Air Fighters appear, and fire on everything so JB takes the fight to virtual reality but the Air Fighters, and Quantum Cruisers keep firing on them.

At the camp site Ziktor comes back just as Ryan gets another message from the Professor who explains what's going on so he puts Ziktor, and Jeb in charge, and sneaks off to transform.

Then some kids make Ziktor play a game while Ryan fights a hairy white mutant with a trident named Ravagebot.

Ryan, and Ravagebot clash weapons, and Ravagebot shoots electricity from his trident but Ryan shoots lasers, and destroys Ravagebot with Laser Saber.

JB destroys the Quantum Cruisers, and Air Fighters with Techno Bazooka, and Bazookabot fires lasers at JB, and the two Kaitlins.

So JB kicks Bazookabot, and he, and Kaitlin shoot lasers at him, and JB destroys him with Laser Lance.

At the Dark Fortress Ivar expresses his displeasure with Knighttime some more but Knighttime just acts suspicious.

Back at the camp site we get another comedy bit where Ziktor accidentally runs into a bee hive, and all the bees start chasing him.

Then at the Underground Voice Daily we get one last comedy bit where Ziktor gives up on his plan after seeing the embarrassing pictures Kaitlin took.

Ryan then sums up the moral of the day the end.
Old 07/10/15, 11:31 AM   #253
Zabitan
Administrator

Final Thoughts.

Today's episode was pretty good.

I liked the story with Grimlord having to spend most of the time as Ziktor so he puts Knighttime in charge of his army.

Speaking of whom it was cool to see Knighttime again, and even see him directly fight one of the Troopers if only briefly.

I also liked Bazookabot, and Ravagebot since they were both cool monsters with cool powers.

Especially Ravagebot since he's a Shaider monster who's design focuses exclusively on being scary.

I also got a kick out of all the comedy bits with Ziktor since they showed that outside of his element.Ziktor's actually kind of a wimp.

Which actually more than PR would explain why despite being an asshole with a heart of asshole who the Troopers hate just as much as Grimlord they never suspect he's the same guy.

I think my only problem was that it seemed like they could have had all the Troopers transform at the same time instead of one at a time.

As well as some parts feeling like they were put in as filler.

I can't think of anything that they cut out of the Shaider, and Spielban footage they used except for a fight between Valvios' robot form and the giant spaceship.

And a part where the Gran Nazca's robot form destroyed some spaceships both of which were replaced by the part with the Techno Bazooka.

Though I think they may have shortened the fight with Ravagebot.

Only 6 more episodes left.

Tune in next time for more Magic Happy VR Troopers Reviews.

Last edited by Zabitan; 07/10/15 at 12:41 PM.
Old 07/10/15, 11:28 PM   #254
Zabitan
Administrator

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at The Duplitron Dilemma written by Chip Lynn, and directed by Vickie Bronough

So we start off with today's "My dad taught me" moment where Ryan thinks about the time his dad taught him that no two things are alike.

We then go to a park where the Troopers are playing with a toy helicopter.

At Ziktor industries Strickland shows Ziktor the Duplitron a device that can create anything you type in, and Ziktor uses it to create a secretary, and orders Strickland to make more Duplitrons.

Then he transforms into Grimlord, and checks on Duplitronic a blue, and gold half duplitron/half owl themed mutant with big eyes, and teeth who's overseeing production of Duplitrons.

At the park the Troopers are still playing with the toy helicopter when they spot Strickland in limo carrying plans that get blown out.

When the Troopers try see what the plans are for the limo driver transforms into an army of Skugs

Nothing much happens other than JB kicks some Skugs, and takes the plans, and throws them to Kaitlin who knocks some Skugs into each other.

Then the Skugs transform into Ultra Skugs, and the Troopers keep throwing the plans to each other while they knock the Skugs into each other.

I will say there's a funny part where an Ultra Skug knocks into Strickland but it just annoys him since he's still in human form.

Then the Troopers find a Duplitron, and take it, and the plans to the Underground Voice Daily to study them both.

At the Dark Fortress Grimlord shames Strickland for losing the Duplitron to the Troopers, and orders him to retrieve it.

At the Underground Voice Daily the Troopers are trying to figure out the Duplitron when JB accidentally creates a restaurant menu with it.

Then the Troopers create a rose, and go off to talk about the Duplitron while Jeb uses it to create dog bones, and Percy comes in, and borrows it thinking it's just a regular computer.

The Troopers return, and find out what happened so they look for Percy but he's in the dark room, and when he comes out he finds out what the Duplitron can do, and uses it to create money.

At the lab the Troopers find out that the Duplitron can create life as well as objects, and it runs on a rare substance so Ryan transforms, and uses the Blue Hawk to find the factory.
Old 07/10/15, 11:29 PM   #255
Zabitan
Administrator

JB, and Kaitlin go to the Underground Voice Daily, and find Percy who's in a limo surround by beautiful women, and refuses to give the splitting back so they transform.

Ryan finds the factory while Doom Master demands Percy return the Duplitron but he still refuses so Doom Master electrocutes him, and Percy gives it to him.

But JB, and Kaitlin appear, and destroy the Duplitron with lasers so Doom Master just teleports away.

Ryan finds the factory guarded by Ultra Skugs in disguise so he asks JB, and Kaitlin for help, and they summon the Skybase, and fire on the factory.

At the Dark Fortress Grimlord orders a fleet of Grimstars to attack the Skybase
but JB, and Kaitlin destroy them.

The Professor informs Ryan that Grimlord's real factory is underground so he summons the Combat Module to destroy the factory while JB, and Kaitlin destroy more Grimstars.

Ryan, and Duplitronic jump at each other, and Duplitronic attacks Ryan with his scimitar but Ryan keeps dodging, and hitting him.

At the Dark Fortress Despera takes the fight to the Fractal Zone where Duplitronic creates an evil clone of Ryan who beats him up.

Then Despera takes the fight to the Indigo Sector where Evil Ryan turns his sword into a fan of blades while Duplitronic attacks with shockwaves.

Then Ryan tries to shoot lasers at Evil Ryan but it doesn't work so he tries it on Duplitronic, and it destroys the Evil Ryan, and Ryan destroys Duplitronic with Laser Saber, and his own scimitar.

Then everything that was created by the Duplitron disappears leading to a comedy bit with Percy.

At the Dark Fortress Grimlord once again shames his minions, and swears vengeance on the Troopers

Back at the Underground Voice Daily JB considers using the plans to create more Duplitrons but a comedy bit with Percy convinces him otherwise.

Old 07/10/15, 11:29 PM   #256
Zabitan
Administrator

Final Thoughts.

I liked the idea of Grimlord creating a computer that magically creates anything you type into it.

I also liked the comedy bits with Percy.

I also liked the part where Ryan had to fight an evil version of himself.

I also got a kick out of the part where the Ultra Skugs knocked into Strickland but it just annoyed him.

My only problem is that Duplitronic was another mutant that's design didn't know if they wanted to be silly or scary.

And they cut out stuff from the Shaider episode they used.

Only 5 more episodes left.

Old 07/14/15, 12:17 PM   #257
Zabitan
Administrator

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at Despera Strikes Back written by Michael Ryan, and directed by Vickie Bronough

So we start off with today's "My dad taught me" moment where Ryan thinks about the time his dad taught him that trust is a gift but it requires responsibility.

We then go to Tao dojo where the Troopers are leading a workout with the students, and afterwards Tao tells Ryan that he's leaving for business, and wants Ryan to run the place while he's gone.

At Ziktor industries one of his secretaries informs him that Despera wants to talk to him.

Then he transforms into Grimlord, and Despera explains that she's summoned her sister Desponda (who's Queen Pandora from Spielban), and Desponda volunteers to destroy the Troopers.

At Tao dojo Ryan thinks he has it easy when a woman comes in with her son, and explains that she's upset he still doesn't have a blue belt.

At Grimlord's Air Castle Desponda appears, and Despera appears on the monitor to tell her to destroy the Troopers, and Desponda just tells her that she's handling it.

At Tao dojo Ryan is teaching some kids when they get a message from the Professor explaining what's going on, and JB, and Kaitlin answer it, and Ryan has to stay so JB, and Kaitlin go alone.

Then we get a comedy bit where Ryan is trying to deal with a bunch of screaming children..

At the dam where Grimlord's Air Castle is Desponda has Despera send Skugs after Ryan while she appears outside in a robot form with Skugs so JB, and Kaitlin transform, and Kaitlin splits into two.
Old 07/14/15, 12:18 PM   #258
Zabitan
Administrator

At Tao dojo Ryan is exhausted from everything when two men come in claiming to be painters but Ryan doesn't remember hiring them so they transform into Skugs.

Nothing much happens other than a Skug gets it's leg trapped in a paint can, Ryan flips Skugs over, and they use painting supplies as weapons but Ryan uses that against them, and destroys them.

Then Grimlord's Air Castle rises from the dam, and sucks up JB, and the two Kaitlins with a red laser, and Desponda appears.

Kaitlin throws her double edged scythe at Desponda but she hits it back at her with her staff, sets a time bomb, and then electrocutes them with her staff.

While this is going on Ryan tries to contact his friends but can't reach them so after thinking about it he goes out, transforms, and summons the Blue Hawk while Tao's brother shows up.

At the Air Castle Desponda electrocutes JB, and the two Kaitlins before splitting into two forms her robot form, and a plant creature form.

Desponda's robot form fights JB while her plant creature from fights the two Kaitlins before they recombine into a half robot half plant mutant which electrocutes them with tentacles.

JB destroys Desponda with Laser Lance but the Air Castle self destructs but Ryan appears in the Blue Hawk, and everyone escapes.

At the Dark Fortress Grimlord shames Desponda, and Despera for failure.

Back at Tao dojo Tao has come back early, and Ryan is worried but Tao and his brother are happy with how he ran things but Ryan is glad that it's over.

Old 07/14/15, 12:18 PM   #259
Zabitan
Administrator

Final Thoughts.

I liked the idea of Queen Pandora from Spielban not only being Grimlord's minion but also Despera's sister as well.

I also enjoyed Desponda's various monster forms.

I also liked the story with Ryan filling in for Tao, and everything going crazy.

And I enjoyed all the various funny parts.

My only problem is that it made me wonder how come they never made Queen Pandora Desponda to begin with, and make her one of Grimlord's higher ranked minions since she was the main villain of Spielban.

Especially since they at least made Kubilai Khan from Shaider the main monster maker for this season.

Like off the top of my head maybe make her Ziktor's wife who's Not-Cruella De Vil the way Ziktor's Not-Lex Luthor.

Especially since the show hinted that she might be a returning minion had VR Troopers lasted longer anyway, and there was only one other fight with her they didn't use.

Come to think of it there was only one fight scene with Despera from the episodes they used for Grimlord's Dark Secret.

So it's tempting to imagine this episode as a two parter that would use both Despera's fights from Grimlord's Dark Secret, and Desponda's.

I don't know I'm just throwing out ideas.

Only 4 more episodes left.

Old 07/14/15, 11:38 PM   #260
Zabitan
Administrator

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at Ghost of Crossworld Forest written by Margo McCahon and directed by Al Winchel

So we start off with today's "My dad taught me" moment where Ryan thinks about the time his dad taught him that no matter how strong an individual is teamwork is better.

We then go to Crossworld Forest where the Troopers are going back from a camping trip when Kaitlin's car runs out of gas just outside of a ghost town called Ghost Mine Town.

At Ziktor industries Ziktor watches, and explains that the town is right next to his secret lab where he is building a device called the Reality Buster.

Then he transforms into Grimlord, and shows us the Reality Buster which is a giant ray gun looking device, and Despera summons Fogbot a green spikey mutant with tusks to protect the device.

At the ghost town the Troopers are bringing their things into an abandoned house when Ryan almost falls down an abandoned mine shaft.

That night the Troopers are inside making a fire, and Kaitlin tells a ghost story, and Jeb believes it but JB doesn't, and Jeb goes outside, and sees some Shaider footage of Despera but JB doesn't believe him.

At Grimlord's secret base Despera appears, and Doom Master explains that the Reality Buster is almost complete.

Also Fogbot, and the Fogtrons (five guys in fireproof suits with guns) will attack the Troopers with a gas that prevents them from transforming.

The following morning Ryan wakes up, and decides to go for a jog when Fogbot, and the Fogtrons appear, and shoot gas at him.

Ryan tries to transform but can't so he's forced to run from Grimlord's minions, and he contacts JB, and explains what's going on but Despera destroys his VRVT.

Last edited by Zabitan; 07/15/15 at 11:34 AM.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
episode discussion, vr troopers