Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/03/14, 03:34 PM   #1
White Dino Ranger
Shadow Ranger

Default Thoughts on Mystic Force

This is among my favorite Disney seasons. Here's how I feel about each aspect:

Theme: I like stories about magic and wizards, so interesting choice of theme.

Theme song: The best they could have gone with, in my opinion, of the three candidates. Ron Wasserman's tunes were fine, but they would not have complimented the show's theme like "Here Come The Power Rangers" did. I was a bit peeved as well upon hearing "Technology will show them all the way" in RAW's rock theme.

Rangers:
Nick: Pretty good Ranger. I did enjoy his transformation from nonbeliever to Red Ranger. Though this season should have been named Nick Russel and his Wizard Friends given the amount of time the series focuses on him. Overall, he's a decent character.

Xander: A very enjoyable and memorable Ranger given his personality. It was nice to see that he couldn't talk his way out of everything and that he could evolve from laid back to hero while still maintaining his charisma. Although I thought the episode Inner Strength was idiotic, it was nice to see Xander find his self-confidence. I'm glad he was selected to return for Once A Ranger.

Chip: I love this guy. Though his obsession with capes was a bit childish, the character really grew on me. The two scenes that really highlighted his character development were during Stranger Within, when he confronted Koragg on his own, and in Soul Specter, when he displayed genuine concern for the civilians drained of their souls and when he struggled to climb the mountain with Daggeron.

Madison: There could have been a lot of good scenes featuring this Ranger, but instead she was always at the back of the bus. I thought that was kinda disappointing, especially considering her ultimate change in character as she calls out Nick on his cowardice during Mystic Fate. Overall, I really like Madison.

Vida: Definitely a twist on the common Pink Ranger, who would always be perky or happy all the time. In a sense, she and Jen from Time Force are the only two Pink Rangers to initially come off as serious in their endeavors, and that's what I like about Vida. Though she does differ from Jen in that her softer side emerges more often, particularly around Chip and Madison. I also admire her putting herself at risk to save Matoombo during The Return.

Udonna: One of my favorites this season. She made for a great mentor, though I was quite disappointed that she had been separated from her White Ranger powers for nearly the entire season. My estimate would be about 27 episodes out of 32, and that is a lot of screen time as the White Ranger flushed down the drain. Though the moment when Leelee, Phineas, and Claire saved her and reunited her with the Ranger power was brilliantly composed and definitely brought me out of my initial disappointment. It saddens me that the late Peta Rutter (R.I.P.) cannot reprise her character but Udonna will continue to live on. I think the best bet for a return of the White Ranger would be that Udonna's powers are passed on to Claire.

Daggeron: Getting John Tui to return for a future installment? Awesome. The character he portrays in said installment? ...Not too good, in my opinion. For one, I quite dislike the name "Solaris Knight." Two, he's not as good a mentor as Udonna. I particularly disliked him in Inner Strength when he just dumped the Rangers off at Shalifar and took away their powers without so much as a second thought. Did he ever consider what would happen to the Rangers if they couldn't find the train ticket, or if they had been eaten by the giant or suffered a similar fate? He would have left the human world virtually defenseless just for the sake of trying to teach Xander a lesson. Yeah, not the best of sixth teammates in my book (Seventh if you count Udonna).

Leanbow: Good character, terrible timing for the assumption of his powers. Admittedly, it was better than Nova Ranger's appearance. I enjoyed seeing him break free of his darkness to save Udonna during Heir Apparent.
Old 11/03/14, 03:37 PM   #2
Super Jeff
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Thoughts on Mystic Force

Mystic force was an ok season, the real down fall was that it only had 32 episode count. To me that hurt the quality. If they at least had 38, they could squeeze in a team up and some character development episodes for Xander, Chip, Maddie, and vida.
Super Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/14, 03:39 PM   #3
swamigodd
Shadow Ranger

This was the first season that I picked after my long break from power rangers. It was easily my son's favorite at the time, but when we watch reruns now, we usually watch SPD. I enjoyed it, although the show seemed rushed. There weren't enough episodes exploring the characters and the season seemed short in general.
Old 11/03/14, 03:40 PM   #4
Crazy Davey
Shadow Ranger

Mystic Force was a decent season. Not the greatest, but not the best.

Xander and Daggeron saved the season because of their awesomeness. Madison was pretty cool too. Nick was ok.

Vida and Chip were freaking annoying.
Old 11/03/14, 07:27 PM   #5
PRangerX
Administrator

I always thought the middle part of MF was the strongest part of it. The characters really came together and there were plenty of plot developments. "Heir Aparent" is almost a better finalie than the real one. The Terror arch kind of dragged. They werent very interesting villains. The beginning of the show was slow and hard to get intoat first. I give MF credit for doing some different things. It had a great group of supporting characters.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply