Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/30/10, 12:31 AM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Rita existing in the RPM Universe?

If RPM is really an AU to the rest of the Power Rangers Universe....Its interesting to wonder if its one of those AUs that have similar history until one event changes things? Which makes me question whether the pre MMPR backstory could have possibly happened in the RPM Universe? Which leads to the topic of this thread. Does Rita exist in the RPM Universe?

Its pure conjecture obviously. But its fun to imagine a world where Rita was never unleashed from her dumpster. Perhaps the Venjix Virus infected the AU Command Center. Forcing Alpha to self destruct. And making it impossible for Zordon to communicate from the demension he was stuck in.

Which leads to a fan fic worthy idea. Of Rita being unleased post RPM. With Alpha 5 or Alpha 6 restoring Zordon's connection with the Power Chamber. With the RPM Rangers being recruited to become the MMPR Rangers. Its a fun idea.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/10, 12:31 AM   #2
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Default Re: Rita existing in the RPM Universe?

In RPM it is clear to me that PRs never existed before and that Earth was never invaded by aliens.

If Earth was invaded by aliens then Alphabet Soup wouldn't have had the tech to make Ranger powers nor be in existance.

If PRs existed before RPM then they would have stopeed Venjix.

Thus Rita doesn't exist in the PR universe.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/10, 12:31 AM   #3
Orange Ranger
Ranger In Training

This is an interesting idea I have failed to notice before. It would be interesting if future seasons have some sort of AU. I think it would be interesting to see Ivan Ooze return as a main villian for a season, even if it's a different actor. So maybe in this new universe, an entirely new team of rangers can become the new Mighty Morphing Power Ranger. I also heard somewhere that they originally wanted Adam to be the mentor in RPM, but the actor who played him turned down the role. Also, if it is the current group of RPM rangers becoming a new set of rangers, who would get the power and who wouldn't?
Orange Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/10, 12:31 AM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

I don't think that Adam rumor was legit. Its not something that has been widely reported. The mentor in RPM was always supposed to be Doctor K from what we know.

Now about the RPM Rangers continuing on.. I suppose they'd just take over the season 18 powers. Some storyline would have to be in place for them to get Samuari powers. Or perhaps they could come up with an original idea. Of course we know thats not happening.

Ivan Ooze coming back in some form would be interesting. But Twentieth Fox owns the movie rights to anything created for the first Power Rangers movies. Thats why it isn't in continuity with the series. They couldn't use Ooze without permission from Fox. And it wouldn't be worth it moneywise. Chris Funaro always considers Lothor as a parellel version of Lothor. But thats just his opinion.

Primal; in my AU idea, Rita was never unleashed and their never were any active teams on Earth. But its very possible that RPM is just a tottally separate universe without Zordon or Rita.
Old 12/30/10, 12:31 AM   #5
Terry
Putty Patroller

I thought RPM was set in the far future. Isn't Corinth supposed to be the last remaining city on the entire planet according to the RPM storyline? Anyway I think most of the Disney series are AU.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/10, 12:31 AM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator

Eddie Gruzzilian and John Tellegen both considered RPM an Alternate Universe from the regular PRU. Although, I just read something about Judd Lynn thinking ( from Morphicon) that RPM would eventually be considered in continuity. Some fans think the show will be retconned into the PRU eventually.

Also, I don't think any of the Disney seasons are AU. Especially with "Once A Ranger" and "Legacy of Power". Besides RPM, SPD would be the best to be for AU. And we know that its officially considered in Continuity. Or at least was by the people in charge at the time.I think it makes much more sense for most if not all of the Disney era to be in continuity. Just from a business prespective. RPM is certainly still up for the debate.
Post New ThreadReply