Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09/04/16, 11:15 AM   #21
Usagi Reborn
Power Ranger

Default Re: Mystic Mother made no sense

I never liked Mystic Force anyway. It was a lame attempt to captalize on Harry Potter. Nick had way too much focus in the insufferable Light Storyline.
Usagi Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/04/16, 11:26 AM   #22
Jen's Revenge
Power Ranger

Mystic Force was way too much Nick. At the expense of many of the other characters. At least Xander got some focus.
Jen's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/05/16, 08:45 PM   #23
Rita's Pita
Ranger In Training

I liked seeing Rita again. I don't think its impossible she became Mystic Mother. Its just a case of using different actors between the originals, "Countdown", and "Fate".
Rita's Pita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/16, 08:56 PM   #24
Lightspeed Zeo
Power Ranger

I never liked the reference. It didn't make any sense. And really I had no real desire to see Rita again. But if it was a tribute to Soga, I can understand why they did it.
Lightspeed Zeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/16, 09:13 PM   #25
Captain Mutiny
Power Ranger

The whole thing made no sense. If they wanted to do a tribute they could have had her be Rita's sister or something. I would have accepted that. But Rita as the source of all good just didn't jive. Especially when she basically seemed powerless after C2D.

They also used Mystic Mother far too much in the second part. It was pretty cringe-worthy. And it was all out of the left field since she was never mentioned before.
Captain Mutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/16, 09:20 PM   #26
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

You guys overthink things too much. The Rita thing was awesome! So good to see part of MMPR back. Even if it wasn't for very long.
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/16, 09:23 PM   #27
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

Yeah, it was the best part of MF for me. Anything that has to do with MMPR just feels so special. The few times the show has referenced that makes it interested. I wish Rita could have come back full time.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/07/16, 08:22 PM   #28
Starlight Starbrite
Power Ranger

Just a bad attempt to carter to the fans. They tried to hard to do that during the Kalish regime.
Starlight Starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/16, 08:25 PM   #29
Khan's Wrath
Ranger In Training

I think the young age potion Finister gave her in season 2 just wore off. Being good now , Rita wouldn't be so vain to need a new one.
Khan's Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/16, 10:55 PM   #30
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Mutiny View Post
The whole thing made no sense. If they wanted to do a tribute they could have had her be Rita's sister or something. I would have accepted that. But Rita as the source of all good just didn't jive. Especially when she basically seemed powerless after C2D.

They also used Mystic Mother far too much in the second part. It was pretty cringe-worthy. And it was all out of the left field since she was never mentioned before.
I disagree and we have no clue if she was powerless when the Z-Wave hit her all we know is that it had purified her that doesn't mean it took away her powers.

Out of left field? I can name tons of things in Power Rangers that have never been mentioned before until the plot needs something to make the show interesting.

Scorpina was never mentioned before even though Alpha knew of her.
The Green Power Coin was never mentioned before even though Zordon was aware of it.
Zordon already knew about the Thunderzords he had ready to go but didn't say anything about them until Zedd appeared and had taken control of the Dinozords and Dragonzord.
Zordon already knew about Rito, Master Vile and the Alien Rangers.
He was aware of who the Machine Empire was even though no one knew who they were except for the villains.
He knew who Auric the Conqueror was even though we had never heard anything about him before.
He knew about Divatox, Maligore and the Blue Senturion.
He knew that Tommy was the evil Green Ranger even though only Rita and her forces should've known that.
He knew that Astronema was truly Karone even though no one would've told him that since he had only been around villains for pretty much all of the Space season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan's Wrath View Post
I think the young age potion Finister gave her in season 2 just wore off. Being good now , Rita wouldn't be so vain to need a new one.
exactly plus on top of which the moon mud was just made by Finster to make Rita look younger in a further attempt to trick Zedd into marrying her and since she was no longer evil after the Z-Wave hit her there would be no reason to continue with that plan.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply