View Single Post
Old 12/11/14, 06:50 PM   #6
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

Default Re: Power Rangers Legacy

Chapter 6: Liftoff into Space

"Now behold, the ultimate in alien weaponry!" Spike said, holding up a Travel Dryer 1250 hand hand held hair dryer, it being painted black and yellow. "Spike, that's a hair dryer." said Diane in a deadpan tone. "A hair dryer...To the untrained eye!" he said triumphantly, pointing the hair dryer at Kathy, a small beeping noise emitting from the 'scanner' atop of it and Spike's eyes going wide. "Kathy's an alien, I knew it!" he activated the hair dryer, but instead of warm air coming out, ping pong balls shot out, nailing Kathy multiple times, she glaring at the man in an irritated fashion. "How you made it past fifth grade is beyond me!" "Dude, how much did you pay for that?" asked Zeke, clearly entertained at the school witch getting hit by the ping pong balls. "I didn't; This was one of the last inventions made by Professor Phenomenus before he went onto Terra Venture." said the slightly disappointed Spike, sitting down in his chair and letting out a grumble.

Vanessa looked to the empty seat beside her, then looked back to Diane, who she noticed was looking at the seat as well with a slight frown. Jake had not been to class in the past few days, with no one sure why. "What could be up with him? I thought he liked being around us." she had asked herself. "He's probably been sick or something, cold and flu season are coming up after all" said Vanessa, leaning over to place a hand on her friends arm. "I'm pretty sure he'll be back soon." Diane gave a brief smile, and a moment later, a somewhat bruised Jake entered the class room alongside Jerome, the two chatting indistinctly for a moment before both took their seats.

"What happened to you?" Zeke asked Jake, who had light bruising on his face, and winced when his chest touched his desk. "I fell down some stairs when I was leaving my apartment this morning. Guess I wasn't fully awake." Jake replied, giving a half smile. "Saw him walking up to the school and helped him with his backpack. At first I told him to go back home to heal up, but he wouldn't listen." "Where have you been?" Diane asked him sternly, before blushing slightly. "It's not like we were worried about you, just curious." "I had some things I needed to take care of."

Class soon started, with Mrs. Peabody writing the word 'Potential' on the main board. "Class, today I want to ask you a question; What has the highest potential in our world to do great things?" Zeke's hand shot up, a grin on his face. "Yes, Zeke?" "Pokemon!" he said enthusiastically, the classroom bursting into laughter at his answer as their teacher slowly shook her head. "Something -real-, please?" Jake slowly rose his hand, a shocked Mrs. Peabody giving him signal to speak, which was something he never really did in class.

"I believe humans have the highest potential, ma'am. Look at whats been made over the years by them. Great buildings, ships, medicine, their ability to love and their willingness to protect others. I mean, look at the Power Rangers; They've been defending not only our planet, but space as well, many incarnations, many people protecting other people." Jerome stood up,giving his friend a nod. "He's right. I think they can prove humans have great potential in positive manner. As long as we are willing to help our fellow brothers and sisters, we're golden." The class applauded the two students who sat down, the five Rangers giving Jake surprised looks, he looking at them with a bewildered "What?" "That's the most we've heard you talk." Vanessa said, with Diane and Zeke nodding.

Later that day, Zeke had been sitting on the gym bleachers with his tablet out, surfing the internet while the others chatted with the topic from class. Glancing out a little, he noticed Jake was at the punching bag, delivering an American Kempo kata that would cause him to flash back to the battle against K'Turi, the Ghost Ranger using similar moves. Zeke held the tablet up slightly and snapped a picture, saying to the others. "Guys, I'm gonna head to the Garage for a bit. Want to look up some archive stuff." Packing his stuff away, Zeke headed out of the school.

Entering the HQ of the Power Rangers, Zeke checked around first to make sure T.K and Ghost Ranger were not around. Sitting in the main computer chair, he hooked up the tablet and uploaded Jake's picture, finger dancing across the keyboard as he hacked into the school system records. "Let's see who you really are.." Zeke said to himself, files appearing on the screen and he going through them.

Soon after, Spike faded in behind him, speaking "Hey, what are you doin?" Zeke jumped in his seat, yelping. "Cant you knock?!" he asked, turning back to the screen and pulling up the archive, Spike shrugging at the question while leaning over his friends shoulder. "Whats this?" "Spike, take a look at these records. According to them, Jake's been going to different schools while using different names. Jake Lee Scott, Jake Grayson, Jake Scotts, Jake Corbett.." "He's been using different last names?" "Not just last names. These are the last names of some of the most well known Rangers ever. Why would he-?" He stopped short, hearing T.K from another room and quickly backed out of everything, unhooking his tablet and bouncing out of the chair, he and Spike walking over to a nearby table, acting casual, or trying to at least.

"Hey you two, whats up?" she asked them and sat into her chair, only to shift in it as though it didn't feel right. "Were one of you in my chair?" "I was looking up some Ranger Archive info, never know when a Legacy Power could come in handy, you know?" Zeke said with a sheepish grin. "Alright, but next time don't adjust the chair settings. Oh! I have some news for you guys; Ghost is ready to-" The alarms went off, cutting her sentence off as she spun to look at her computer monitor, eyes going wide in fear. "Ready to what?" Spike asked, T.K shaking her head. "Never mind that, you need to meet the others downtown, there's a new enemy..and they're very powerful." There was a slight tinge of fear in her voice, but the two young men wouldn't question it, heading out the Garage entrance while Morphing.

Downtown Crystal Harbor, the citizens were rushing away from a black clad warrior; the suit consisted of a black torso, black and gray legs with gold trim, bracer covered gloves that consisted of the same color, shoulder pats, chest armor, and her helmet all the same style, but the helmet was black, with a golden crest sticking atop of it, gold trim on the sides, and a white visor with no mouth part. Jerome, Vanessa, and Diane ran past the people running away, looking the warrior over.

"What is that?" Vanessa asked, Jerome shook his head, saying "I'm not sure, but they look like.." "A Power Ranger.." Diane finished.

"You must be the Legacy Rangers. I have been sent to destroy you!" The warrior's voice was distorted, and it jumped high into the air, coming down on the trio with a slash of its hand, the wind pushing outward and hitting them with enough force to make them go flying back. With a grunt, Jerome stood up and brought up his wrist watch Morpher, Diane and Vanessa following suit as Legacy Green and Blue came flying through the air with legs extended for kicks, the Black colored warrior knocking both down with powerful punches.

"Legacy Power, Activate!" the three Ranger called out, transforming into Legacy Red, Yellow, and Pink, helping Blue and Green up to get ready to battle. "I don't know who you are, but you're not going to take us out that easily." Red declared as the team charged forward, attacking their new opponent one at a time, the enemy knocking them around while talking. "You fools! In what world could you possibly beat the Black Phantom Ranger?" ending the sentence with a three hundred and sixty degree spin kick, knocking them all backwards.

"They're a Power Ranger?" Spike asked in a shocked manner, Vanessa clenching her fists and standing up. "A Ranger wouldn't serve evil!" she declared, summoning her Wolf Daggers and charging forward with slashing attacks, the Black Phantom Ranger blocking each swipe with their arms and, ducking, delivered a series of jabs to her stomach, followed by a straight kick that sent her flying against a wall, De-Morphing to her civilian clothes. "Vanessa! You'll pay for that!" Legacy Blue yelled, summoning his Shot Blaster and Legacy Pink bringing out her Spark Staff, the two charging forward, only for Black Phantom to become a blur, attacking both them and Legacy Red and Green who were checking on their friend, slashing at them repeatedly back and forth repeatedly yelling "Black Phantom Annihilation!" The four remaining Rangers flew back in different directions, all of them forcibly powering down and crying out in pain. "Guys, what are we gonna do?" Zeke asked, struggling to stand up. "What will you do? Hahaha! All you can do is wait until I destroy you!" Black Phantom laughed evilly once more, standing over Jerome and about to deliver another blow, then a familiar voice behind them spoke up.

"Pick on someone your own size!" The Black Phantom Ranger turned around to see Jake walking towards the battle, still slightly bruised from his last fight with K'Turi, wearing a white red and black plaid over shirt over a gray t-shirt, and black jeans, getting into his fighting stance. "I'm the one you want."

"Jake, no!" Diane called out, their new enemy turning to face the new arrival, chuckling. "It's been a while, hasn't it? "I made it my mission to stop you, no matter how long it took to find you." Jake said, sliding one of his sleeves up to reveal a gray wrist watch Morpher, sliding his fingers across the face, calling out "Legacy Power, Activate!" he yelled, a gray energy barrier surrounding his body as he punched it twice with two Kempo style punches, shattering it so his suit forming onto his body.

"Hyaa! Ghost Ranger, ready for battle!" Ghost Ranger and Black Phantom Ranger circled around one another, neither attacking for a good while. "I should have finished you when we last fought! To think you'd create your own team of Rangers..." "The Earth is being threatened by the Tul'Van Empire, it needs to be defended!" "Not if I have anything to say about it!" The Rangers went on the offensive against each other, striking each other rapidly, their fists slamming into each other, a shock wave shooting the two back.

"You've improved! I am glad.." Black Phantom held up one arm, revealing its own Morpher and calling out "Dark Transcendence!" its body turning completely black and turning into an enemy from the past; Ecliptor! "Come and fight me!" the enemy said, flying high into the sky, into space. Jerome, Zeke, Diane, Vanessa, and Spike slowly got up, regrouping and Morphing once more as Ghost Ranger joined them. "They wanna take this fight to Space? Let's show them what we can do!" Legacy Red spoke, everyone spinning their watches so the hands would land on 6:00. "Legacy Transcendence! Let's Rocket!" The six Rangers turned into the Space Rangers, calling out "Galaxy Glider, hang ten!" Six surfboard style gliders appeared beside the Rangers and they hopped on, shooting out into space after the Elciptor copy, summoning the weapons of the past. "Spiral Saber!" "Astro Ax!" "Satellite Stunner!" "Star Slinger!" "Lunar Lance!" "Silver Silverizer!"

Black Phantom Elicptor flew at the rangers, swinging its sword at them as it and Space Legacy Red swung his Spiral Saber traded strikes, Yellow and Pink shooting at the copy of the past enemy, knocking the sword out of its hand, Legacy Space Blue and Black striking the warrior with the lance and ax, Legacy Space Silver going for a multiple slash with the bladed form of the weapon.

"Arg! You appear to be better then I thought, but this is not over!" The enemy held its hand to their face and sent our an arc of green lightning, the Rangers slowly falling back before regrouping once more. "Time to end this! Form your blasters!" Legacy Space Red ordered, combining his Spiral Saber and an Astro Blaster, while Legacy Space Black held a weapon of the combined Astro Ax, Lunar Lance, Satellite Stunner, and Star Slinger, while Legacy Space Silver turned his Silver Silverizer into the blast mode. "LEGACY SPACE SHOT!" they all yelled, all three weapons firing at Black Phantom Elciptor with enough force to drive them off, shouting "I will return, rangers! You have my word!" "Good job team, let's head back to Earth!" said the Legacy Silver Space Ranger.

Back in the garage, everyone was sitting or standing around, looking at Jake. "I'm sorry for all the secrecy. I just didn't know how well I could trust you with my identity. There's.. a lot more I still need to tell, but it'll have to wait." "Why didn't you tell us about Black Phantom Ranger?" "They're an enemy from my past. I've been searching for them for along time, and didn't know when they'd show up. Like I said, the rest will be told eventually." Diane suddenly grabbed Jake by his facial hair, pulling him towards the rest room while he went "oww ow owowowowow!" before she pushed him into it, handing him a bag. "Sorry, but the grunge look has to go. If you're our sixth Ranger, you gotta wear the colors." Jake let out a sigh, and after taking a shower, and having Vanessa cut his hair, he emerged from the rest room wearing a white and gray Letterman style jacket, dark gray jeans, and gray and white sneakers, his hair now cut and slicked back, face clean shaved, the look of a handsome man.

"Much better." said Zeke, giving a thumbs up. "You look awesome!" said Spike, Jerome nodding his approval, walking over to Jake and extending his hand. The two would shake, Jerome saying "Welcome to the team, Jake."

-To Be Continued-
The Ghost Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote