View Single Post
Old 11/10/14, 02:20 PM   #9
MastaDan2
Putty Patroller

Default Re: In Space vs Time Force

I don't have an issue with their acting.I thought they were not bad in terms of Power Rangers actors.

And the rest of your points, aren't they to be said for any Power Rangers season? In Space, RPM, Lightspeed to an extent are more serious seasons of Power Rangers but they stlll had goofy funny bits that felt somewhat out of place at times.

I don't remember Beware the Knight specifically, so I won't comment on that.

I agree with you on Gluto. He was underused. But again, wouldn't be the first time and it's been happening since the beginning of the show. Scorpina for instance.

And to me Nadira turning good or more sympathetic didn't seem any more sudden than any of the other villains who turned good. This is kind of typical for Power Rangers, and it doesn't really bother me either much unless there's just not a good reason for it. Look at Summer from RPM in Ranger Yellow. It's one of my favorite episodes, but the character didn't flow properly, and I think the Onyx Tavern made some great points about her even though it's one of my top seasons. But she at least had a reason, to become less spoiled and bratty even if it didn't flow properly and seemed like a different character entirely.

I came here for the most part. If a performance is exceptionally good it does make the show better to me, but at the same time it's not a big factor in my overall ranking of seasons. If someone is terrible but I like the overall plot or story, it's still a good season in my eyes. The only performance I had an actual issue with (although there have been others I thought were bad) was Vypra and judging from one of her comments in the bonus features, she even acknowledges it was bad.

To each their own, but I think Medina was worse than Copon or anyone else in Time Force.

I know the defense is always that he lived in the jungle all his life and all that. But to me his performance doesn't portray even that well.

I didn't even think he was that great as Deker, I think that character was the best thing about Samurai but not because of his performance. It was better than Cole but it felt overacted to me, like someone almost doing a parody.
MastaDan2 is offline   Reply With Quote