View Single Post
Old 10/22/14, 05:27 PM   #1
JNTA123450
Putty Patroller

Default In Space vs Time Force

I'm five days late for this but better late than never. Right? So, yeah, the two "awesome" seasons of the Saban Era. Both of them have huge fanbases but they've also gained some haters recently. Okay, so for me this one is a no brainer, In Space is my favorite of ALL TIME, so you know where my vote's going. But I guess I should go into detail.

So easy stuff first.

In Space has a better theme song, it's epic. The themes from LG-WF are just so generic and blah. Not to mention Time Force's theme and opening sequence LIES to us.

Time Force has better costumes, I prefer a bit more individuality and I like the colored visors. The Space suits well, I like simplicity, and I even given like the colored squares, but variety is also important.

Neither of these seasons are strong contenders in the Zords department. I'm gonna give Space this one though because I can tell them apart. The Q-rex(if I'm remembering the name correctly) is not enough for Time Force to win.

Now onto the important stuff.

In terms of plot and storylines, Space wins. It's really unfair but yeah Space was the end of the Zordon Era and what a way to go out. Not to mention, all you need is the Psycho Rangers arch and I'm sold. Time Force had awesome storylines but for some all I can think of is...Movie Madness.

Andros vs Wes. They're almost tied but Andros wins since he's is a bit more relatable and complex. Wes is fun and endearing though.
Ashley vs Katie. They're tied. I can't choose, two of my top five Yellow Rangers. Ashley gets points for twisting archetypes and Katie gets points for uniqueness.

TJ vs Lucas. TJ wins, he's my favorite Blue Ranger ever and Lucas well, if you like him that's fine but.....let's move on.

Cassie vs Jen. They're my top two Pink Rangers but Jen most win, badassery beats all.

Carlos vs Trip. Trip wins, don't get me wrong. In Space Carlos is way better than Turbo Carlos but Trip just awesome, in his own special way.

Zhane vs Eric. OMG, two Sixth Rangers with actually defined. They'd be tied if Eric wasn't given so much more to work with than Zhane. Eric wins.

The villains. Hey what do you know, two seasons where villains turn good. Space wins this department because I wanted Ransik to be Magneto but he's really just a Magneto wannabe. Plus, with Astronema, Ecliptor, Darkonda AND the Psycho Rangers, how can Space not win. Space also has better foot soldiers btw.

The allies. Who cares, neither really have much in the way of extended casts do they?

So yeah, I pick Space. You know if these were two seasons I didn't like, I'd have a lot to say. That's bad.
JNTA123450 is offline   Reply With Quote