View Single Post
Old 03/02/15, 08:16 PM   #6
ShinySephiroth
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Power Ranger Origins: The Reign of the Morphing Masters

Chapter Five: The Resistance and the Crystal

"Follow me. " Orion tapped Zordon on the shoulder and motioned for him to follow. Zordon walked to a platform as Orion brought up a holographic terminal from his wrist tech.

I develop technology I don't get to use. Soon, that will change! Zordon thought.

"We will be heading to the Research Lab. Our teleportation system isn't reliable enough to get us to M51. We will need to rely on your completed transportation projects." Orion said.

Zordon hid a smile. "It will be an honor to have their first official mission be for the Masters."

Zordon felt the energy envelop him as he was teleported to the laboratory. He walked to the doorway to where his machinery was kept. He looked into the scanner. "Zordon Zoltar of Eltar." As the panels opened, a rush of hot air hit him. He walked in as Orion followed.

Burai was busy working on some schematics with his team as he turned it to see who had entered. "Hello, Zordon! Nice to see you so soon after- Master Orion! It is a pleasure to have you here! What can we do for you!?"

Upon hearing Burai's announcement, the associates all stopped and straightened themselves, out of respect to the master who had entered the room. Orion lifted up his hand, saying, "As you were. Hello Burai. I am here with Zordon to test some equipment. I recently saw the schematics for... Storm Blaster and Lightning Cruiser?"

Zordon cringed as he heard the names. He and Burai had worked for quite some time on the project. Zordon had wanted to name them Dragon Cruiser and Pegasus Thunder, which he thought fit the naming pattern of Alliance vehicles better. He had lost the coin toss and Burai named them what Zordon thought were "ridiculous names".

Burai smiled at Orion. Is this my chance? Am I to be selected as Master App's replacement? Burai thought.

He had been considering his chances for quite some time. He felt he had a better shot than the other member of The Top, Cestro, since he had beaten him in combat during the last round of applications. He had originally thought it would be Zordon who would be selected, but when Zordon was called as the head of research and development, he began thinking that it would make no sense to name him as leader, when only months later he would become a master. His reasoning was that, to not cause too much change, Zordon would focus on the Alliance's tech, while he and Cestro would compete for the master slot.

Burai had also thought of how blessed Research and Development was to have Zordon. One example of Zordon's commitment to the Alliance stemmed from the fact Sentinel Knight had passed laws forbidding the tapping of the Morphing Grid to develop technology. During "The Great M51 War", when Zordon was the Acting Head of Research and Development while Orion focused on being a war general, many researchers said that since it was a time of war it would be of benefit to push aside Sentinel's laws to create tech which could save Decrof. Petitions were formed and schematics for weaponry were made that could potentially tap the Grid. Zordon put his foot down to this, destroying schematics and causing many associates to not only be fired from Research and Development, but to also be expelled from the Academy altogether. Zordon had said that using the Grid was not the established way, and that the Morphing Masters knew best.

"Right this way!" Burai motioned for Orion to follow him. As they approached the two vehicles, Zordon stood a little taller. Although he found working with Burai unpleasant at times, he had to admit the man's intelligence. The machine's designs were unique: no other vehicle had their shape or structure. They each had four tires made of a rare rubber like, but resistant, substance. They were given two light compartments at the front of their body and two in the back, for signaling warriors in the vicinity where they were and if they would be backing up, braking, or any other thing. Lightning Cruiser was smaller and built for speed, while Storm Blaster was built to be able to hold more people and go over rough terrain. Those specifications were done on the off-chance the two vehicles were unable to execute their primary function as flying vehicles. Zordon specifically worked on Lightning Cruiser, while most of Storm Blaster's design was Burai's.

"Thank you. Zordon will take it from here." Orion said, turning to Zordon.

Burai smiled, nodded, and headed back to his office. He locked the door behind him. He stared at the ceiling, fighting back tears. His gut felt like it was rolling in it body cavity. His heart was in his throat. He thought on how close he had gotten to being a master. He was disheartened because, due to the quasi-immortal nature of many of the council members, it was very hard to predict when one would die, freeing up a space to join. Burai was only human and, unlike beings like Magnus or Sentinel Knight, he would not live for what seemed like forever.

How naive was I!? How much longer must I wait!? I have been in The Top longer than Zordon! Will my time never come...? Burai thought to himself as he rested against the wall, slowly sliding down until he was sitting on the floor. He buried his head in his hands and allowed the tears to come.

Outside the office, next to the machinery, Orion told Zordon, "We will use these vehicles to lead our militia to Zedd. Do you have anything for the troops to pilot?"

At this question, Zordon paused to consider before replying. "No. Project Zordina isn't ready yet, and that is the project closest to completion."

Zordon added to himself: It is a shame, too, since those Droids would be perfect for escalating the battle. Vile would never see it coming!

"Fine. They can use the War Star ships." Orion tapped his wrist tech to send a text-type message. These "text messages" were encrypted and, although slower and only able to extend for short distances, were safer from enemy interception.

"The Alliance is on its way. Are these fast enough to catch up? We'll be behind them." Orion asked Zordon.

Obviously you didn't actually read the schematics. Zordon thought as he began his response: "These vehicles have artificial intelligence. They learn from their environment. This coupled with the tech we have outfitted them with give them the potential to be some of the most powerful vehicles in the universe."

Sensing Zordon's irritation, Orion placed his hand on Zordon's shoulder. "Please relax. You don't need to be so tense all of the time. This is why three Masters did not vote for you."

Zordon radiated fury at Orion for trying to be so familiar. He looked at the hand on his shoulder, then glared at Orion. "I don't need to be anyone's 'buddy'. I am here to get a job done. I take my assignments seriously. Now if you will excuse me-"

As Zordon tried to walk past, Orion gripped his shoulder and forced him back to face him. "Listen to me: The worst thing you can do is have enemies in the council. Trust me: I speak from experience. Now, I have confidence in you. I'm not one of the three who voted against you. I see potential in you. I backed Ivicar's recommendation. Just... watch yourself, ok? Your journey as a master can be fulfilling or demanding. Don't make it harder than needs be."

Zordon ripped his shoulder away. "What will make my life easier is to do my job and get things done." Zordon jumped into Lightning Cruiser and drove off, down the path set out usually for test rides.

As Zordon drove down the path toward the hatch leading to outer space, he heard Orion pull up behind him. Zordon opened the glove compartment and pushed a button, causing the hatch to open.

"Zordon, I am sending you the coordinates now." Zordon heard Orion's voice coming from the passenger seat. He looked around to see a wrist tech sitting next to him.

Orion must have thrown it in here as I drove off... Zordon slipped it on and a holographic image appeared before him, showing the coordinates of the militia's location.

"Get in position!" Zedd yelled to his troops. They pointed their blasters into the cave. Like a rumble of thunder, they could hear the enemy horde trampling to their location.

"Sir, make sure Novact pays for this!" Filcar yelled. He then grabbed a bag carrying the team's grenades, running into the cave.

Zedd stared for a moment, confused. He then realized what Filcar was doing. "Everyone: stay in position! Only fire if you see the enemy!" Zedd yelled this as he ran after Filcar.

Stupid kid. He's trying to blow himself up to barricade the cave and buy us time. No: We all get out of this. No sacrifices here... Zedd thought. As he rounded a corner, he saw Andrew Filcar running with the bag in hand. Once Zedd was in range, he stopped, aimed, and fired at Filcar.

"Ahhh!" Filcar screamed as he got hit, clutching his thigh.

Zedd ran to him. "Don't worry: a shot to the thigh is nothing compared to being blown to bits. You'll live."

Filcar pounded his fist into the dirt. "No, Zedd! Leave! You need to let me do this! It's better that I fall than everyone!"

Zedd tried to grab Filcar, but he kept scrambling and flailing about, yelling at Zedd to go without him. Zedd then aimed the butt of his blaster and hit Filcar in the head, knocking him out.

Zedd ran back to the other men, announcing himself before he turned the final corner to ensure he wouldn't get blasted with "friendly fire". He placed Filcar in some brush to help him stay hidden, then returned to his troops. As he did, one of his men fell backward, covered in a blue slime.

"It's Blue Globbor!" One soldier yelled, causing chaos to arise amongst the troop.

Zedd looked at the soldier and saw it was Rahp, a man who had once been his roommate at the Academy. Zedd slowly turned and stood erect to face the beast who had taken down so many Alliance troops during the war on Decrof.

Globbor, a blue slimy humanoid with what looked like opened and inverted horns at the end of its lanky fingers, looked at Zedd. It was wearing as it were a mask resembling a distorted version of Rahp's face. The monster stood as if he were defying the soldiers to hit him, for they all knew if they did, the damage would also be felt by Rahp. Globbor's most efficient mode of attack was to link himself to his enemy, ensuring that even if he were destroyed, he would take a soldier down with him. The Alliance, for the longest time, could not figure out how to best the beast. By the time scientists were able to analyze Globbor's genetic make-up, with the help of a tip from a high ranking student of the Academy, and find a stop to his reign it was already too late for Decrof. Many believed Globbor was the prime factor in Decrof's desolation.

If only we had some sunlight... Zedd thought. Recently with the help of a gifted young lady within the ranks of the United Alliance, the weakness of a Blue Globbor had been discovered. It was revealed to be none other than pure sunlight.

"Take me instead!" Yelled Zedd as he threw down his blaster, raising his arms in the air as a sign of forfeiture. When he did this, he heard laughter. A tall figure stepped out of the shadows of the cave, making himself visible as he did.

"I, Master Vile, have come personally to retrieve the crystal. Give it to me and your men will be set free!"
ShinySephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote