View Single Post
Old 02/08/06, 11:30 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Malachi@Feb 8 2006, 10:59 PM
Well I'm watching Forever Red and my wife is like who are these power Rangers. Then I have to go into who each one is and which series they are from. Yet at the end of it its only like 20 minutes long. I haven't seen the Japanese version of it but was it longer then 20 minutes. If it was I feel they so could of done a longer show at least two episodes. I mean I'm a hugh Ranger fan deep at heart and to Have Jason and Tommy on one episode working together again i feel they could of pulled a two parter. Just I love Forever red its just kinda disapointing.
Sentai had a special that year called Super Sentai VS Gaoranger. They did this instead of doing a Timeranger/Gaoranger team up. A team of five Sentai hereos from the past apeared in SS Vs Gao. I beleive the ending featured all the Red Rangers of Sentai's past ( from that point) showing up. I believe it was a two parter or special movie. I am not exactly an expert when it comes to Sentai. But the actual plot or episode was not used in "Forever Red". "Forever Red" featured all american footage.

Keep in mind that PR had a WF/TF that year already. So with "Forever Red" that made three episodes dedicated to crossovers. Forever Red was just meant to celebrate PR's tenth anniversy for the cast, crew, and the long time fans. It was not meant to be more than a special event. Thats why you have to excuse the "how did they get their powers back" question. Forever Red was just supposed to be an entertaining episode, honoring the past. It wasnt made to explain every little detail and how it fit in canon. Sure it would have been nice to have a two parter. But I think its understandable that we got what we got. At one point, the idea of an episode like "Forever Red' was beleived to be impossible outside of fan fiction. I think "Forever Red" stands as a milestone int he series that will never be topped. It also acted as a finalie of sorts for MMPR Productions.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote