View Single Post
Old 11/03/14, 10:47 PM   #4
Takeo Tom
Shadow Ranger

Default Re: Lord Zedd Uses Duct Tape?!, And other props/scenery goofs

I think it should be worth noted that footage from Super Sentai was used at the same time, and that voice dubbing was common. One could easily see this in season 1, when the same scene is used with different voice audio, and that the dubbing matched much better in season two with the introduction of Zedd, in that the mouths matched the speech.

Something else, and this takes a good eye, is that Walter Jones, the actor who plays Zack, is missing the middle finger of his left hand. When morphed, his suit reflects that not only he has a middle finger, but uses it as if it was always there. You can count this as a factoid too.

Something else worth noting is the difference in the chest plate of Tommy's green ranger suit. In Super Sentai, and the footage used from it, the armor is much more defined and rigid, however whenever he is seen with his helmet off, the armor looks to be a stuffed obvious prop.

As for the duct tape, that would be how us Americans would make Lord Zedd's staff, with a shaft, and the logo duct taped to the shaft itself, whereas Super Sentai has a solid and very well-built staff.

There's a lot of discrepancies in both PR and SS, since PR uses SS footage for the morphed scenes.

Something that's much harder to spot, is the difference between season one and season two, where they're on the off-road dirt track. There's a noticeable difference in fighting styles in the fight scenes between season one and two. Heck, you even see the black ranger dancing when morphed, which was unheard of in season one. This was because in season two, they actually filmed the American actors in costume, and did the fight scenes that way.

There's even more. Though it's hard to spot, the Putty costumes are different between PR and SS, however, I can't tell you what they are from the top of my head.

So, there's more than just that even, it just takes a sharp eye and good observation skills to see it.