Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Power Rangers and Racism (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=5033)

mikeyone100 10/24/14 10:24 PM

Power Rangers and Racism

Do you guys and gals see any racist undertones in the fist season or do you think it's just the show trying to show different races kids could relate to ?

MattEmily 10/24/14 10:29 PM

Re: Power Rangers and Racism

There is the whole thing with an African American being the Black Ranger but other than that it's not really a big deal and I really don't see anything wrong with an African American being a Black Ranger to begin with anyway. Granted Saban would probably never do it again but Disney did allow it with Overdrive so it shows that it's not that big of a deal in some cases.

PRangerX 10/24/14 11:21 PM

I think MMPR promoted racial harmony. We saw five kid from different racial backgrounds who worked together as a team and were good friends. Race was never treated like it matter. The show had and still has a good message. in that regard.

MattEmily 03/11/15 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 46533)
I think MMPR promoted racial harmony. We saw five kid from different racial backgrounds who worked together as a team and were good friends. Race was never treated like it matter. The show had and still has a good message. in that regard.

I completely agree. In-show race was never treated like it mattered... everyone was treated exactly the same whether they were African American, Native American, Mexican, Asian or whatever.

Gosei Great 03/11/15 08:25 PM

PR has never done anything raciest and has always promoted people working together as a team.