Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   "Shell Shocked" (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8520)

Usagi Reborn 01/15/18 03:56 PM

"Shell Shocked"

Whats your opinion on the Space/Turtles team up?

Sentai Envy 01/15/18 04:04 PM

Re: "Shell Shocked"

Terrible and had no place in a Megaranger adaption. It was ridiculous that the turtles were included in American Sentai. If they wanted a team up, use the Carranger team up footage.

Maligore 01/15/18 04:12 PM

I'm surprised Saban did this team up. Considering how cheap he usually is.

Calamity Kimberly 01/15/18 04:23 PM

It was my favorite Space episode. Its something MMPR would have done! Seeing the Rangers fight and team up with the Turtles was so amazing!

KimandTommy 01/15/18 04:27 PM

I didn't love Space. But this team up was pretty fun. It would have been better if Tommy was involved. But he already had been written out of the show.

Ginger Snap 01/15/18 06:02 PM

I was surprised that this even happened. But I am sure you guys have all the behind the scenes information?

A Gia To Remember 01/15/18 06:16 PM

I thought it was funny when they reprogrammed Deca.

MattEmily 01/15/18 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Envy (Post 72727)
Terrible and had no place in a Megaranger adaption. It was ridiculous that the turtles were included in American Sentai. If they wanted a team up, use the Carranger team up footage.

the crossover and movie rights are much more expensive to acquire so they weren't willing to pay for them. It's cheaper to film their own teamup stuff.

MattEmily 01/15/18 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginger Snap (Post 72751)
I was surprised that this even happened. But I am sure you guys have all the behind the scenes information?

yes I'm pretty certain the Turtles didn't have the same voice actors from the show due to union reasons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Gia To Remember (Post 72761)
I thought it was funny when they reprogrammed Deca.

me too.

Hexagon Ranger 01/15/18 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginger Snap (Post 72751)
I was surprised that this even happened. But I am sure you guys have all the behind the scenes information?m

Saban Entertainment had the suits due to "The Next Mutation". Thats why Venus was included. It wasn't that costly to produce. They basically used existing sets and didn't need to shoot more original stuff that they didn't usually do.