Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   What would have happened if Billy stayed? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8939)

Blue Ranger Gone Bad 06/01/20 06:02 PM

What would have happened if Billy stayed?

How would things have gone if Billy stayed past Zeo? Would his character become a Ranger again?

Goldar's Revenge 06/02/20 09:32 AM

Re: What would have happened if Billy stayed?

There were no plans to make him a Ranger again. If anything is role was going to become less.

VR Master 06/02/20 09:33 AM

I don't get why they wouldn't want to make him a Ranger again if they had the chance? But he likely would have been let go with the others once they decided to do the cast change in Turbo.

Captain Codfish 06/02/20 09:35 AM

Sady Yost was harassed about being gay and this greatly contributed to him leaving the show. He went through a real depression, but that thankfully came out of it and is doing well now.

Captain Logan Knows Best 06/02/20 09:38 AM

That was certainly a black eye for Power Rangers. I am just glad David Yost found peace a long time ago and is doing well.

PRangerX 06/02/20 09:43 AM

Originally the rumors were he was difficult on set and walked out based on and placement on the show. But Yost revealed years later that he left due to being harassed by members of the crew for his sexuality. He had a real hard time with it and left the show. He went threw a really hard time afterwards but ended up finding peace. He ended up doing a lot of work as a producer. I am glad things turned out well for him. Whoever on the crew who was givening him trouble should be ashamed of themselves. I would hope they would apologize if they haven't already.

Captain Mutiny 06/02/20 09:46 AM

If he was being treated by that by some crew members, its no wonder he may not have been easy to work with for some. But he had a good reason to be if that was even true.

Now if Yost somehow remained on the show...I think Billy would have stayed in his tech support role and become sort of a mentor figure to the new Turbos.

MMPR Supreme 06/02/20 09:48 AM

I would have liked to have seen Billy become a Ranger again. I was sad to see him give up his powers. He was one of the last links from MMPR.

Superstatler 06/02/20 09:51 AM

Its hard to talk about this without mentioning the real life reasons why he left and Yost's personal story. I am glad it was brought up.

Now as for what would have happened if Yost remained on the series? Perhaps Billy would have became Turbo Blue and remained on the team to mentor the young Turbos?

Pink Alien Ranger 06/02/20 09:52 AM

Its too bad they couldn't make him Zeo level, since the yellow Ranger costume had a skirt.

Yellow Fan Forever 06/02/20 09:53 AM

I woudn't mind Billy as Zeo Yellow but I wouldn't want to lose Tanya.

MMPR Supreme 06/02/20 09:54 AM

It was bad enough we lost Aishia.

Maligore 06/02/20 09:55 AM

Saban was too cheap to edit out Ohranger Yellow's skirt.

Hasbro Ranger 06/02/20 09:57 AM

I think Hasbro would have made sure to make Billy a Ranger. They would have edited out the skirt.

KimandTommy 06/02/20 09:58 AM

Tanya could have been the Pink Ranger and Catherine could have escaped with the older villains. At least until Kim returned.

Phantom Stranger 06/02/20 09:59 AM

The simple answer was to actually make him Gold Ranger in the second half of Zeo. But then we lose Jason's return.

Blue Ranger Gone Bad 06/02/20 10:00 AM

Billy as the Sixth Ranger would have been interesting.

Goldar's Revenge 06/02/20 10:02 AM

There is no way to edit out the Ohranger Yellow Skirt. There wasn't back then an isn't now. Not without spending a ton of money. The only real answer besides writing out another male Ranger would be Billy as Gold.

Tommy Hater 06/02/20 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Ranger Gone Bad (Post 77775)
Billy as the Sixth Ranger would have been interesting.

Much better then Tommy. Unfortunately he would have still had to take a back seat to Zeo Red like Jason ended up having too.

Gold Ranger In Danger 06/02/20 12:05 PM

It was pretty clever to use Billy as a red herring for Gold Ranger. Also to tie in his collapse in the MMPR finale to why he couldn't receive the powers.

Power Red 06/02/20 04:44 PM

He probably would have been revealed as the inventor of the Turbo Powers.

Bad Carranger 06/02/20 04:44 PM

I think the character really did everything he could and it was time to go. I do wish the behind the scenes circumstances were a lot better.

But on the other hand Billy would have made Turbo more watchable.

Rita's Pita 06/02/20 04:45 PM

I was disappointed when Billy didn't turn out to be the Phantom Ranger.

Kimmy Repulsa 06/02/20 04:46 PM

I think its more likely he would have been Phantom then Gold, if he had stayed.

Zabitan 06/02/20 06:14 PM

Those all sound good.

Yeah I would have liked it if Billy was the Gold Ranger and/or Phantom Ranger

I think the idea was for him to create the Turbo powers in the movie I wish that had happened.

PRangerX 06/02/20 06:29 PM

That would have been a cool call back to his special project in Zeo. Which turned out to just be a red herring in the Gold Ranger mystery.

I know there were always rumors about the original plan being Billy showing up in a cameo in Turbo to say he created the powers. But so much stuff has been debunked its hard to remember if thats true. It would probably be in an old Race To The Volcano script. If that is still online somewhere.

Gosei Gold 06/06/20 09:09 AM

In universe? He would have been Turbo Blue.

Behind the scenes? Likely would have remained an ally and be written off with the first Turbos.

Super Cena 06/06/20 09:10 AM

But did Billy's issues with recieving the Gold Powers mean he could never be a Ranger again?

Goldar's Revenge 06/06/20 09:12 AM

The Turbo Powers were completely different. So its possible Billy could have received those. Or any other power, we just know the energy he adsorbed in the Command Center explosion prevented him from being Gold Ranger. Its also possible that he could have been a Zeo Ranger. But less likely in my mind.

Tommy Hater 06/06/20 09:13 AM

I am just glad Tommy didn't get the Gold Ranger powers. He was even more annoying as a Sixth Ranger.

Billy in The Middle 06/06/20 09:13 AM

I would have liked it if Billy stayed and became a Ranger again. But I guess it wasn't going to happen.