Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Did Diabolico really turn good? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7631)

Itzy Bitzy Carter 12/11/16 08:56 PM

Did Diabolico really turn good?

The prevailing opinion at the time of the LR finale seemed to be the Daibolico turned good. What do you think?

Lightspeed Zeo 12/11/16 08:59 PM

Re: Did Diabolico really turn good?

I think he turned good. At first he only turned against Bansheera for killing Loki. But over time he also became truely good. Notice how he floats away after saving Carter? He was acsending to a higher plane.

Doctor Dana 12/11/16 09:01 PM

I think the fact that he felt sorrow for Loki's death was really when he turned good. Even if he wasn't truely on the Ranger's side until later.

Smarty Pants Rose 12/11/16 09:03 PM

I don't think he really turned good. It was more a case of the enemy of my enemy is my friend. He only saved Carter to get revenge on Bansheera.

Lord Leo 12/11/16 09:05 PM

He generally loved Loki but I don't think he turned good.

Lightspeed Omega 12/11/16 09:06 PM

It was just another case of villain in fighting. It did make Dialibolico feel more multi-dimensional..Since he did care about Loki.

Diabolico Rising 12/11/16 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightspeed Omega (Post 61280)
It was just another case of villain in fighting. It did make Dialibolico feel more multi-dimensional..Since he did care about Loki.

This is probably what I would say.. Its part of why I like him so much. Diabolico had so much character depth by the end.

KimandTommy 12/11/16 09:09 PM

I think he was evil to the core and deserved to be punished. Just like Ryan.

Sentai Is Forever 12/11/16 09:10 PM

I liked that they finally got back to using Sentai Villains almost exclusively.

Sentai Envy 12/11/16 09:13 PM

The producers finally got there heads out of their behinds and got into translating Sentai.

Power Rangers Forever 12/11/16 09:20 PM

They did a good job givening life to the Sentai Villains. But I still prefer American Villains to differentiate PR from Sentai.

Itzy Bitzy Carter 12/11/16 09:21 PM

Thanks for alll your thoughts guys. I look foward to the rest of the discussion.

Super Zeo Ranger 12/11/16 11:49 PM

I think he was still evil.

Diabolico Rising 12/12/16 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Power Rangers Snob (Post 61287)
They did a good job givening life to the Sentai Villains. But I still prefer American Villains to differentiate PR from Sentai.

I don't think Vypra would have been a good main villain. She didn't hVe that great of a character. And Yen didn't play her very well.

Super Rad 12/12/16 06:21 PM

He definitely didn't turn good. He just hated Bansheera for betraying Loki and himself. And of course leading him to his own demise.

Mitchell's Navy 12/12/16 06:22 PM

Its really hard to say. Beyond wanting to avenge Loki his actioned seemed self motivated.

Zordon's Legacy 12/12/16 06:29 PM

I think Diabolico was really fighting for Bansheera's honor and believed she would do what was best for his people. I don't think he valued the human as lifeforms. In his mind, Diabolico was good the whole time. He realized Bansheera has no honor or love for there people so he turned on her. If he gained power he would have turned on the Rangers. So he didn't really switch to the Ranger's side.

Vypra's Monster 12/14/16 08:11 AM

I think Diabolico just wanted revenge for Loki's death. And then his own in the end. He never really turned good.

It was funny that he ended up so broken up about the loss of Lokai. Considering that he never treated him that great before.

No Space Spandex 12/14/16 08:17 AM

Dialibolico was just too bland to me. I don't think his true motivations were really clear in the end. Besides being mad Loki was killed..

Adam White Tiger 12/19/16 11:19 AM

He didn't seem like a very nice guy. Even at the end.

Ninja Storm Fan 12/19/16 02:33 PM

Lightspeed was a terrible season. It interests me the less of any Power Ranger Season. And that says a lot since Ninja Storm is the only one I care about.

Lightspeed Zeo 12/19/16 02:34 PM

Actually, Lightspeed Rescue is one of the best. it took the show in a fresh new direction. A fresh direction it badly needed.

Chaos Ranger 12/19/16 02:36 PM

Dialibolico was evil throughout the whole season. He only turned on Bansheera because of Loki and because she proved to be just using him. He would have turned on the Rangers if he successfully overthrew Bansheera.

Green Nightwolf Koragg 12/19/16 03:20 PM

I think he may have turned good if given the chance. And may do so in the Shadow World.

Omega Black 12/19/16 04:14 PM

He was already good in his own mind. He was always doing what was best for his
people. Even if his actions were evil in reality. I think a lot of that is true for is actions at the end of LR too.

Vypra's Monster 12/19/16 04:27 PM

He really didn't do anything good in the end anyway.He refused to kill Loki under his own will. But that was easy since he was his friend ( forgetting the fact this was added last minute of course) and on his side. Everything after that was just Diabolico out for revenge. Including saving Carter from Bansheera. He was really making sure Bansheera failed and wound up stuck in the Shadow World. This was his ultimate revenge. He could have cared less if Carter fell with her.

Time Force Traitor 12/20/16 01:04 PM

Count me in the camp that thinks Daibolico never turned. He didn't really help the Rangers if it didn't benefit him.

Superhero Galaxy 12/20/16 01:18 PM

I don't think he could even been a good guy. He was just too evil with an unbelievable lust for power. Even if he did truly care about Loki.

Lion Tamer Org 12/20/16 02:15 PM

I don't view Diabolico as turning good either. He was just nefarious. And did things for very evil reasons most of the time. Look at what he did with Ryan. I wouldn't even feel sorry for him at all if it weren't for Loki's death. And he treated him like shit most of the time.

Itzy Bitzy Carter 12/21/16 08:37 PM

Nah, if he really turned good he would have let Carter fall. That would have saved the world right there.

Rita's Pita 12/21/16 09:04 PM

Dialibolico was definitely evil the whole season. It is too bad he never had a comedic edge or much of a personality to make him interesting .

Delta Max 12/22/16 12:02 PM

He did turn good. It was just rushed and poorly set up. Like most of Lightspeed.

Dic Dubber 12/22/16 12:08 PM

I never liked the LR villains that much. They were just too boring. All the villain in fighting in the end was dull..I just didn't care. And I don't see Dialibolico as any kind of good guy.

Kameron Poe 12/22/16 09:32 PM

It would be interesting to get into Diabolico's mind and see what he was thinking. His motivations always seemed so complicated.

Inner Senshi 12/23/16 08:28 PM

I think he was a monster. He took Ryan from Mitchell and made the kid turn against his own family on a lie He also tried to destory the world.

Goldar's Revenge 12/23/16 08:53 PM

Diabolico was the product of demon upbringing. To him the perfect demon conquered the human world for the glory of Bansheera and their own lust for Power. In his value system, he was good. From his point of view. By our standards and most he is very evil. The only thing that changed was that he no longer was loyal to Bansheera after Loki doed.

Red Lightstar Ranger 12/23/16 11:46 PM

I think he truly cared about Loki. But he still hated the Rangers at the end of the day. His hatred for Bansheera was just worse.

Powermaster 12/24/16 07:07 PM

I think he does turn good by the end. He most likely ascends to a higher plane after this. No longer a demon but an angel.

Byron Stinger 12/24/16 07:27 PM

I really like how this is so open to debate. The end of LR really made Diabolico a very complicated villain. Who was more than one in the end.

Porto 10/29/17 08:03 PM

Did Diabolico turn good?

At the end of Lighstpeed.