Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   DT better with Edward Payne? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8654)

Sentai Mighty 03/15/18 11:52 AM

Re: DT better with Edward Payne?

And they didn't even adapt him right in the first place. Toei must have been pissed! I don't get why they didn't step in back then. It would have been grounds to cancel PR and take back their rights in the west. They could have given us dubbed Sentai or at least an exact translation.

Sensei's No Dude 03/17/18 08:05 AM

No way! Why would you not use the chance to bring back an old favorite? Especially when you could have Jason David Frank?

No Green Spandex 03/17/18 08:22 AM

I could live with JDF coming back if he was playing Edward Payne. Or another senario where a new actor was playing a different Tommy Oliver.

Disney Ranger 03/17/18 12:11 PM

Disney wisely decided to bring Frank back. Since they knew the fans would love it!

Massive Ego 03/17/18 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney Ranger (Post 75499)
Disney wisely decided to bring Frank back. Since they knew the fans would love it!

Keep telling yourself that.

Tommy Hater 03/17/18 06:26 PM

I don't see how anyone can seriously argue brining back Tommy was better then using Edward Payne?

Usagi Reborn 03/17/18 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimandTommy (Post 75403)
Tommy was the only thing that made DinoThunder watchable. He was great in it. I don't care about Edward Payne. I am just glad they weren't dumb enough to bring Kat back as his wife. If only they brought Kim back

That is the only thing that would have made it better

Lion Tamer Org 03/19/18 03:29 PM

I would much rather have an older Tommy then a new character as mentor.Its not like Tommy was the exact same character we last saw in Turbo. He matured and changed.

White Tiger Fan 03/19/18 03:38 PM

My only complaint is that they seemed to forget the way Tommy was presented in FR. I thibk Mercer should have been the antagonistic teacher all year. Tommy could have been an older businessman that the Rangers become mixed up with by chance. Tommy also should have been Zeo Red until he becomes Black Ranger.

Forever Jason 03/19/18 03:40 PM

If your gonna do that why not have Black Ranger be a new character. To my could then fight sporadically as Zeo Red. And perhaps be the one who becomes Trassic Ranger?