Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers Modern Archives (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   PR News 01/12/08. Animated Power Ranger Series (2009) to be MMPR Reboot (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=2591)

Knightfall 01/12/08 04:32 AM

PR News 01/12/08. Animated Power Ranger Series (2009) to be MMPR Reboot

Sources close to production are informing us that the upcoming Power Rangers animated series for 2009 will be a retelling/reboot of MMPR.

We have been able to additionally confirm that the pilot submitted to Disney is actually a retelling of MMPR's "Day of the Dumpster."

This news may not agree with many fans as this new PR continuity would essentially replace the existing live action one. "Jungle Fury" currently remains the final season in the existing PR continuity.

Disney currently refuses to confirm the existence of the animated project to avoid harrassment from fans regarding the cancellation of the live action medium.

Does "Power Rangers" desperately need an animated reboot/retelling at this time in order to save the franchaise?

We will keep everyone updated as more news comes in.

Discuss.

Poweranimals 01/14/08 04:21 PM

There may not be an animated series. It might be axed all together. I heard Disney wasn't too impressed with what was presented for the cartoon. Things are still up in the air right now.

PRangerX 01/14/08 04:29 PM

Does that mean Live Action PR might continue or will the show cease to exist? Obviously its too soon to tell either way diffinitively.

Poweranimals 01/14/08 04:33 PM

I did hear that Disney's impressed by the fan support, but it will all come down to money in the end.

PRangerX 01/14/08 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poweranimals (Post 30326)
I did hear that Disney's impressed by the fan support, but it will all come down to money in the end.

That doesn't surprise me. At least the fan support is being heard though.

Knightfall 01/14/08 05:00 PM

Hopefully if the series doesnt take off, the animated MMPR pilot will leak somehow for us to see.

I'm still hoping for another live action season, but that may be a longshot at this point.

DarkBlaze 01/14/08 07:50 PM

Either way, we all might as well sit back and wait for more information.

Knightfall 01/14/08 08:49 PM

Disney won't release anything till the last minute. They were trying to avoid harassment from fans regarding PR's cancellation.

Though its pointless now given how the truth came out and the fanbase is fighting to keep PR going.

DarkBlaze 01/14/08 09:32 PM

Is fighting pointless as well?

ChangeBeetle 01/14/08 11:09 PM

You know, if the live action does get cancelled, and they pick up the new animated feel, we'll surely get brand new MMPR toys since it's apparently a retelling of it.

Yay ^^b