Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   The new movie doesn't need to be a reboot (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8693)

Inner Senshi 05/28/18 04:03 PM

Re: The new movie doesn't need to be a reboot

Reboots are way overblown

Rangerlord 06/03/18 10:42 AM

Rebooting an exisiting franchise like PR was a bad idea the first time. Doing it again would be worse. I didn't support the last film because it wasn't in continuity. And it sounds like most fans agreed with me.

Captain Codfish 06/04/18 01:12 PM

The only PR Movie that was in continuity is the zecond one. The new movie needed to be its own continuity. Thats not way it didn't succeed.

Ivan The Terrible 06/12/18 11:24 AM

Reboots of failed movies only make things worse. At least when they are done right away.

Tuxedo Moon 06/19/18 11:27 AM

Hasbro will most likely want a new version that takes place in their movie universe.

mbozzo 08/04/18 11:44 PM

The new upcoming movie should take place on another planet featuring a Sentai team that hasn't a power Rangers counterpart. I know of 5 Sentai teams that should have their own Power Rangers movie. ;)

Hailey Hartford 08/11/18 02:16 PM

I'm not convinced it will be another reboot. Here is how I know. It was announced that it would most likely be a sequel to the previous one. Sorry, Guys.

MattEmily 08/11/18 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hailey Hartford (Post 76347)
I'm not convinced it will be another reboot. Here is how I know. It was announced that it would most likely be a sequel to the previous one. Sorry, Guys.

I'm hoping it will be a sequel the issue we have is they might not be able to keep the same cast.

Ludi Lin isn't currently known to be scheduled for any future work.

Naomi Scott is working on Charlie's Angels and it's not even in production yet.

RJ Cyler has been in the MTV series "Scream"

Becky G while she's been growing more and more popular due to her music career I haven't heard of her doing anything that recent.

Dacre has been in "Stranger Things" so RJ and Dacre's schedules could pose a problem. Naomi's not so much since Charlie's Angels appears to be a movie and not a show.