Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Forever Red? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=5353)

PRangerX 11/10/14 11:11 PM

Forever Red?

What do you think of Forever Red? I always think it was a great team up to celebrate the 10th year of PR.. People complain about the unexplained return of powers. But I don't think that really matters. Since the whole point of the episode was to celebrate the history of PR. Plus their is some plausible reasons why those Reds could have their powers back. The only big gripe with the episode is how a bike destroys Surpenterra. But the bike did come from Animus, who was a god. Plus the producers didn't have a choice at that point. It was cool seeing all those Reds again. Especially Jason, Tommy, Andros, and TJ.

Kamen Rider Decade 11/10/14 11:12 PM

Re: Forever Red?

My favorite part was seeing Jason being all chubby.

Every Red Ranger that appeared never lost his powers. (That sounds sexist)

A machine made by the god of Wild Zords, which is technologically far more modern than the super ancient Serpenterra.

PRangerX 11/10/14 11:12 PM

I never noticed Jason being chubby as much as most. I guess thats why they had him wearing leather.

I subscribe to theory that Jason got his powers back from the evil Red Ranger (from the comics). TJ got his powers back like Justin did in "True Blue To The Rescue". The Zeo Crystal was never destoryed so its plausible that Tommy could get those powers back.

Kamen Rider Decade 11/10/14 11:13 PM

Jason never lost his powers period. The Power Transfer only copied the powers, much like transferring files from one computer to another via the Internet.

TJ never lost his Turbo Powers. Eltar was the source of power at the moment they "lost" them Eltar was under attack and the link from Ranger Suit to Ranger power source was temporarily lost.

PRFAN1 11/10/14 11:13 PM

I will clear up this conversation and tell you that I asked Amit Bhaumik this on FB and got a reply saying:

"My memory is a little fuzzy on the details, but the short of it is Tommy, between leaving in PRT and reappearing in Forever Red, goes to Zordon's homeworld of Eltar around PRLG/PRLR timewise. There he finds the remains of Alpha 5 and takes him to be rebuilt as Alpha 7 (the one you saw in Forever Red). He also uncovers the source of Zordon's powers and restores the Red Zeo Crystal giving him his Zeo powers back. Some time around then he restores Jason's power coin. Lightning Cruiser was modified and became the new source for TJ's Turbo powers. I think the car he pulled up in Forever Red was supposed to be Lightning Cruiser."

Zabitan 11/10/14 11:14 PM

Makes sense to me.

PRangerX 11/10/14 11:15 PM

Thats interesting because I thought that Amit's intention was that Jason got his powers back from the Dark Red Ranger. But then again that could have just been a joke. Or Amit's memory could be fuzzy. But PRfan's post is very interesting.

Zabitan 11/10/14 11:15 PM

Well maybe Jason got his powers from the Dark Red Ranger but everything else could be like what PRFan said.

PRangerX 11/10/14 11:16 PM

Sometimes thinks we think are true turn out to be false. Since a lot of it is heresay. There have been contradicted truths before.

PRangerX 11/10/14 11:16 PM

8/18/10

adibsheikh 08/29/17 07:41 AM

[FOREVER RED]All Red Power Rangers of all seasons features in one Video!

All Red Power Rangers of all seasons features in one Video!
Forever Red!!:):)
Video Link:
love this video!!:):)

mbozzo 09/11/17 09:49 PM

Re: [FOREVER RED]All Red Power Rangers of all seasons features in one Video!

I hate to post this, but I believe that the video link doesn't work. Prove me wrong. :mad2: :angry:

MattEmily 09/11/17 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbozzo (Post 67091)
I hate to post this, but I believe that the video link doesn't work. Prove me wrong. :mad2: :angry:

now it does :D

Kimberly Hart 10/02/17 10:29 PM

I still don't understand why Aurico was there instead of Rocky. Also Eric had no place there. i didn't like where they acted like Jason and Tommy weren't friends anymore.

Goldar's Revenge 10/07/17 12:11 PM

Amit viewed Eric as a Red Ranger and there was never any place for Rocky to show up as a Ranger. They needed ten Rangers to represent ten years of the show's run at the time. Thats why Eric and Aurico were chosen.

White Tiger Fan 10/07/17 12:12 PM

Rocky was going to cameo as Tommy's butler but they couldn't get ahold of Steve Cardensa to offer the role to him.

MattEmily 10/07/17 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimberly Hart (Post 67237)
I still don't understand why Aurico was there instead of Rocky. Also Eric had no place there. i didn't like where they acted like Jason and Tommy weren't friends anymore.

Aurico was a Red Ranger which is why he was there. Rocky didn't have a separate Ranger suit since it would've looked identical to Jason's.
Yes Eric had no place there but they needed 10 Red Rangers so they had no choice in the matter.

MattEmily 10/07/17 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Tiger Fan (Post 67321)
Rocky was going to cameo as Tommy's butler but they couldn't get ahold of Steve Cardensa to offer the role to him.

partly right. Rocky was going to be the Butler but he would've morphed if Austin was unable to return the problem is that they had contacted him so they knew he was interested in returning but he was in the middle of moving and he forgot to give them his updated details so when they tried to contact him they weren't able to since they didn't have access to his new details.

Everyone Loves Rocky 10/09/17 06:14 PM

What a waste that would have been by using Rocky as a butler. People would have rather seen him as a Ranger over Jason anyways.

Adam White Tiger 10/09/17 06:15 PM

I think people would have rather had Adam as Red over those two.

Massive Ego 10/09/17 06:17 PM

Why ? He was never Red ever?And this was an anniversary season featuring all Reds?

Green Alien Ranger 10/09/17 06:18 PM

Agreed, and no way people wanted Rocky over Jason.

Forever Jason 10/09/17 06:20 PM

No offense to Rocky but Jason was well above him as a character. And certainly as a Red in the eyes lf the fans.

Power Sentai 10/09/17 06:23 PM

Tommy and Jason were always going to be Reds and featured players.

KimandTommy 10/09/17 06:55 PM

I just wish Kimberly cameoed as Tommy 's wife. I am glad they dropped the idea of Kat coming back.

Wesley Smallings 10/10/17 11:03 PM

I would have rather had Wes and not Eric. Use Alex if you need time force red so bad.

Lord Leo 10/10/17 11:04 PM

I wish they didn't bother with Lord Leo. But at least he didn't steal the spotlight for once.

No Green Spandex 10/10/17 11:05 PM

Yes, he was only Duke Leo here.

MattEmily 10/11/17 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wesley Smallings (Post 67387)
I would have rather had Wes and not Eric. Use Alex if you need time force red so bad.

it would've been Quantum Ranger and not Time Force Red since Time Force Red is Wes and Alex replacing Eric would've been pointless so I don't know what you're getting at there.

No Green Spandex 10/11/17 09:51 PM

"Forever Red" was good. I could have done without Tommy in charge. But at least many of the others got focus. And they ended it by making fans make up their own mind on his legacy. So I applaud them for that.

Forever Lame 10/14/17 07:14 PM

Forever Red

I think Forever Red was stupid! It just didn't have no time. And it violated continuity. Jason, TJ, and Tommy shouldn't have had their powers. Jason acts way out of character. He was never a bully. Lightspeed Rescue was disbanded so Carter should have been independent. They made this mistake in the TF team up too, to be fair. The Wild Force Rider should never habe been able to take out Serpentera. Which was never left buried on the moon. And since when do we have Machine Empire Generals?

Zeo Power 10/14/17 07:20 PM

Re: Forever Red

I wish Tommy would have brought back the Zeo Megazord or something like that.

KimandTommy 10/14/17 07:22 PM

It was fun seeing Tommy and Jason. I agree that Jason acted a little out of characrer and should have been nicer to Cole. It would have been a better episode if it was the MMPR Rangers teaming up with the Wild Force team. Especially if Kat was the villian.

MMPR Guru 10/14/17 07:23 PM

I liked the episode mainly for Jason, Tommy, and Serpentera. I agree a lot of it didn't make sense. I don't think Jason ane Tommy had a falling our beforehand, like some fans assert.

Space Seasons 10/14/17 07:25 PM

The episode was great! They just should have had Andros lead instead of Tommy. The mission was in outer space. And even TJ had more experience as a Space Ranger than Tommy ever had. But it wasn't a big deal.

MMPR White 10/14/17 09:32 PM

I thought it was a great episode. I mean there was bound to be some inconsistencies when you have 20 minutes to tell such a big story.

Maligore 10/14/17 09:33 PM

Disney was too cheap do a multi-parter or proper Megazord sequence.

Die Hard 10/14/17 09:34 PM

Wow ! Didn't know that Jason amd Tommy actually came back!

Ginger Snap 10/14/17 09:36 PM

It was a pretty amazing episode! And a nice surprise since I didn't have the internet or all the backstage info you guys have.

Forever Lame 10/14/17 09:37 PM

I didn't have the internet either. And I still knew enough to no what a continuity nightmare it was.