Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers Modern Archives (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   "Welcome to the Jungle" - The Official Jungle Fury Discussion Talkback (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=2635)

PrimoPiccolo 07/11/08 07:16 PM

Episode wasn't bad. Just wasn't good.

Casey feels replaced. No one cares.

Monsters are repainted Shadow Guards. Guess the crew doesn't care either.

Lily and Theo are getting their asses kicked. RJ and Casey don't care.

Satellite dishes can apparently redirect energy blasts instead of just being blown to pieces. The laws of physics don't care.

RJ jumps into Zord battle by himself. The other Rangers don't care.

Jarrod summons up Zokkado Power. Apparently, Master Mao is the only one who cares.

Apathy is the only thing you can apply to this episode, aside from the awesome uniform they gave RJ to wear for the remainder of the season.

PrimoPiccolo 07/11/08 08:02 PM

I think this was a better origin story for RJ's Ranger powers than his actual debut. Flit gets to have a storyline, explains why he never gets digested by Camille, and gets to aid RJ in his quest to tame the wolf (which actually delivered a moral, in embracing what you are rather than fighting it). Only thing that didn't make sense is why Camille feels so attached to him (well, that and why the crew didn't give Camille the hairstyle she had in that flashback, which suits her much better).

Thankfully the Wolf Ranger got a fair shake just in time for the Rhino Ranger's debut.

PrimoPiccolo 07/11/08 08:59 PM

Jungle Fury's 2-for-2 in terrible extra Ranger introductions. They've only got one chance left with the Spirit Rangers, and since there are three of them, I'll forgive them for Sentai's two if it works.

Dominic is officially the most out-of-nowhere Ranger in the history of the series. Even when Dana suddenly had a brother, at least Captain Mitchell lamented about his birthday and such before he appeared.

Also startling me is why they decided to make Dominic so much like his Gekiranger counterpart. Ken may not have been a practical joker, but he still didn't take life very seriously, which is what they seem to want Dom to be like.

The withholding of two important points bothered me. RJ told him all about Dai Shi being freed, yet forgot to mention he and his students were Power Rangers? And why didn't anyone mention to us that Dominic had control of not just any animal spirit, but apparently "one of the toughest" until after he saved Fran?

The Red Ranger rivalry angle really didn't work in this one. While it made more than enough sense why Conner didn't want to join forces with Trent, Dominic had never done anything mean-spirited, the worst thing was almost getting the guy on the skateboard hurt. Hell, he and Theo have done more harm to the team being scatterbrained, and they've been Rangers for months now!

Now that I've seen where Dominic got his morpher, I can say this about RJ: That "guy that knew a guy" was you, wasn't it? You just didn't want to tell us so that we wouldn't whine about you not making new morphers all day long. But judging by how effeminate the Rhino bracelet looked, it's probably best he retire from that. And why is it white? Obviously the Rhino Ranger's white, but the Rhino Morpher's orange, his animal spirit's orange, so shouldn't the bracelet match? I don't know.

The morph sequence was hot. Reminds me of Adam's OaR morph, though, with the rocks and everything. Unfortunately, the battle wasn't very memorable, even when Jungle Fury's original battle scenes have been choreographed pretty well. And all through it I was just wondering why everyone else decided to stand around and watch. At least with past sixths, the Rangers have normally been beaten to a pulp before they get their butts saved. This was just cruel on their part, especially since he had to wade through a sea of Rin Shi before he could get to Crocovile. It all felt like some kind of audition. Thankfully we skipped the normally obligatory post-debut Megazord battle courtesy of Gekiranger not giving Ken SaiDaiOh yet.

As for Dai Shi, the writing continues to get worse. Now he thinks he's a human? I thought he was supposed to HATE them! If they wanted to iron in the point about Grizzaka destroying him, he could have said something like "in this pitiful human body, I don't have the power to put Grizzaka in check like I could before." But the reason they didn't do that is obvious, they have no clue who this guy is supposed to be! Is he a dragon with a human shell? A scared teenager with a growing evil influence? We the audience can't even explain it, and we explain everything away to help ourselves try to enjoy this crap.

I still don't even have enough of Dom's personality to make a fair judgment of his character, so I guess I'll wait until he earns his Zord (since for some reason, he can't just make one out of his animal spirit like everybody else). Ultimately, the only thing worth watching here was Fran get someone to bounce off of.

red timeforce ranger 07/12/08 12:15 AM

lily went talk to casey and theo about this

PrimoPiccolo 07/12/08 02:56 AM

...about what?

Sakura3 07/12/08 03:46 PM

I saw both parts today on ABC.

Jungle Fury like Operation Overdrive before this last year is getting better by the episode. I can't wait to watch the 2nd half of Jungle Fury after Episode 16.

This is the 1st time I've seen all three main Rangers get more than one Zord.

The last time I saw this was Tyzon who got 3 but he was an extra Ranger.

It was cool to see Elephant , Bat and Shark upgrades get used in one fight like that.

I can't wait for the rest of Jungle Fury.

Poweranimals 07/14/08 03:40 PM

Jungly Fury Feedback: Dash for the Dagger

It airs tonight at 8. Enjoy!

DarkBlaze 07/14/08 09:05 PM

So, they start us off with a memory/dream, of Master Mao giving Dominic the control dagger. This dagger, ultimately, is not only the key to Dom's destiny, but the key to the Nexus. The most Powerful Nexus.

Then we moved onto the Burger spot a.k.a., "Dom's secret hiding place of the dagger." I have to admit, that was totally unexpected...and Genius. Surely I'm not the only one, who wanted to slap Theo for being *Theo*, again.

The laundry room and taxi cab scenes, had such realistic elements; it was as if we weren't watching Power Rangers. I loved it! However, the dialog in the last scene where they found the dagger was kinda cheesy. For real.

For a moment, I was asking myself, "Why do we need a monster?" But then the fight against Whirlnardo vol.2 came...and Wow! The BGM was Rockin' (literally); and the team roll call/fight was awesome. Best roll cal yet.

So, besides a couple of cheesy scenes (including Jarrod's "lol" facial emotion at the end); DFTD was a solid episode. Looking forward to the "field trip" next week. "The Winds of Fate, are about to change." Classic.

Knightfall 07/15/08 12:22 PM

This episode was too meh to review in detail...

It was neither here nor there.

2.5/5

LePage 07/15/08 04:57 PM

God, this episode was so... mediorcre. The plot was so non-existent. I don't think I'll be able to remember this episode later.

- Eh, I don't really care about the Crystal Eyes.
- Well Dai Shi, looks like all that training for the Zokado power proved to be useless since Grizakka kicked your butt (again) without breaking at sweat and locking you in your own jail cell. Dai Shi, you suck. You really really suck. I'm in awe of your sucking prowess. Seriously, your like an innovator in the field of human failure, blazing new trails to suck, and earning your way into the Loser Hall of Fame. Your starting to make Gruumm look cool.
- Theo acting like a dick again. I kinda like it when he acts like this, makes his character more fun.
- You know, I really like Dominic's and Theo's interactions.
- So wait, Dominic hid the Control Dagger in a seat cushion in Ocean Bluff? That doesn't make sense. He was travelling the world, why would he hide it in a diner of a town he wasn't going to live in?
- Why the heck are Theo and Dominic talking out loud about the Control Dagger and the Rhino Nexus with that woman sitting between them? Man these rangers have such low IQs.
- So Casey, Lily and RJ, how does RJ hitting Whirlnado for a little bit then Casey and Lily hitting him suppose to be "Combining our powers"?
- Someone brought this up, why don't they have the Wolf Zord combine with the Ape and the Penguin instead of using the Wolf Pride? I know I know Gekiranger but still, why couldn't Geki do this?
- Camille, nice outsmarting Lily.
- Gangster Rinshis, cool.
- Casey stills continues to act like a jerk to Dominic. Casey, shut up. Just. Shut. Up. Go stand in a corner or something.
- Was a roll call even neccesary?
- RJ you lazy bum, why aren't you help them in the zord fight? This is like a repeat of Things Not Said where the Sixthes just stand there acting like cheerleaders.
- Oh, I just found out Whirnicane is voiced by Nic Sampson (Chip in MF, voice of Sentinel Knight in OO). But I don't get why they act like this is a new monsters, there's no difference between Whirlnado and Whilricane. Couldn't they just said Whilnado just survived the first fight?
- I find it odd the Rangers didn't called the Megazord, "Jungle Master with Bat Power".

Eh, this episode was, again, mediorcre. Like, nothing happened really, this episode is just there. No Fran (Whoo-Hoo!) and no Flit (Boo!) this week. I give this a 2 out of 5.