Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Why weren't Deker and Dayu redeemed (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8637)

Inner Senshi 02/28/18 11:35 AM

Re: Why weren't Deker and Dayu redeemed

I still think it was all much too dark for kids though. I hope they keep storylines like that to a minimum.

Green With Envy 02/28/18 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inner Senshi (Post 75152)
I still think it was all much too dark for kids though. I hope they keep storylines like that to a minimum.

I don't think it was an inappropriate storyline. It also teaches kids that there are consequences to making bad choices.

No More Pink 03/01/18 05:34 PM

Deker didn't know his true self and Dayu felt like there was no going back. So neither tried to make amends or make their situations better. They felt that evil was all they had and they destroyed themselves because of it.

MattEmily 03/01/18 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inner Senshi (Post 75152)

consider it a blessing that they went with that idea instead of Tzachoring it.

Legend Ranger 03/02/18 05:09 PM

I'm surprised that they didn't.

Tzachor Era 03/02/18 07:31 PM

This is proof that Tzachor didn't just copy Sentai.

MattEmily 03/02/18 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legend Ranger (Post 75208)
I'm surprised that they didn't.

someone would've rejected it due to the content.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tzachor Era (Post 75210)
This is proof that Tzachor didn't just copy Sentai.

no it's not. He probably wanted to Tzachor the story but he got rejected on it due to the content.

Knights of Ren 03/03/18 07:59 AM

There is no way that they could use the Sentai Storyline without some major changes. some of the aspects of the story are still there. But its a lot darkee in Japan. PR actually kept ot a very tragic story and actually made them more sympathic.

Lightspeed Carter 03/03/18 11:59 AM

I don't think Deker or Dayu would have been able to revert to being human. If they redeemed themselves they would have become purified spirits and moved on to the afterlife.

No Green Spandex 03/03/18 08:27 PM

It was actually refreshing to see villians with a sympathetic backstory that weren't redeemed. It just makes them more well rounded. And makes them even more scary. Since they weren't just monsters and were human at one point. Quite literarly in this case.