Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Why did Tommy have a shield? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8574)

Massive Ego 02/05/18 05:17 PM

Re: Why did Tommy have a shield?

Sixth Rangers always look different. So its not really surprising in hindsight.

Decepticon 02/05/18 07:10 PM

Ninjpr must have came up with it perhaps having a whole team with shields was redundant.

Kimberly Hart 02/06/18 10:31 PM

I couldn't see Tommy without having a shield at all.

Chaos Ranger 02/06/18 11:02 PM

I thought is his shieldless scene in "Green Candle Part 2" was pretty badass.

Massive Ego 02/07/18 08:08 AM

There never going to explain it at this point. And fan fics won't count so they would be a waste of time imo.

MattEmily 02/07/18 10:08 AM

yea 6th Rangers are generally different just because.

Green Ranger doesn't have a good reason but White Ranger's source came from elsewhere and Trey became the Gold Ranger and while the source was identical to the Rangers' Zeo Crystal source of power it probably was something else that he was using to mimic the source since he didn't have the Zeo Crystal.

Captain Codfish 02/07/18 11:34 AM

I could see a Boom Comic exploring the reason why the Green Ranger has a shield. And how Rita got the coin in the first place. This would all be canon if they did that.

MattEmily 02/07/18 01:49 PM

canon would be 1 thing but it wouldn't be in continuity with the show

Captain Codfish 02/07/18 04:22 PM

Probably not in continuity with the show. But canon in that ir would be an officially sanctioned work.

Rossovan 03/24/18 06:27 AM

It's always nice to see the Green and White Rangers without their shields on, but the shields do kinda make the characters what they are. Same with the Gold Zeo Ranger. It all adds to the mystery and legend, etc.

What always bothered me was the flimsy cloth shield the Green Ranger had in MMPR, the Zyuranger one looked great, i know Saban does things on the cheap but you'd have thought they could have done a better job!