Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Kamen Rider Online (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Masked Rider (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=21)

PRangerX 03/15/09 02:13 PM

Masked Rider

Does anyone remember Masked Rider? The orginal US Adaption of Kamen Rider. Which wasn't exactly well liked by the creator of Kamen Rider. I remember it being a fun show. Dex's attempts to adapt to human life were pretty funny.

The show gets credit for trying to do its own thing, instead of being a Black RK hack. People critize it for some of the comedy. But at times it was actually a little more serious then PR at the time. Which doesn't make it better or anything like that.

kris198921 03/15/09 04:22 PM

yeah i have the first 2 videos of masked rider

masked rider fearon 03/16/09 01:35 AM

I know this is a stupid question
but how long was this series
and was there ever a movie on this series :confused:

Kamen Rider Decade 03/16/09 09:15 AM

There was no movie.

There was a 2 part MMPR premiere that led into the show.
There were 2 seasons with a total of 40 episodes.

masked rider fearon 03/17/09 02:45 AM

that's not a lot
so only 20 episodes a series
a power ranger series is
what 20 - 35 episodes
( give or take the series and
how big the story will be)
I remember that masked rider, power ranger
team up it was pretty cool

johnnyfx91 04/21/09 06:42 AM

Yeah I do remember Masked Rider...but I never really got into it. One problem I had with Masked Rider was the 'look and feel' of the show. I particularly didn't like the 'muppet' creature that tagged along with the main character. It looked too much like a Jim Henson/Seasome Street production aimed a younger kids =S

PrimoPiccolo 05/01/09 07:13 AM

Masked Rider was probably the lamest of the Saban knockoffs (Yes, even lamer than BeetleBorgs), but I did think T.J. Roberts did a good job for what he was given to work with. And Candace Kita was the MILFiest MILF in TV history. The music Shuki Levy composed for it was also a highlight, as evidenced by its use in other media, such as Digimon and the unavoidable Saban Logo graphic.

At least they opted to use the Black RX footage, undoubtedly the best Kamen Rider series of the 20th century. I love Biorider, AKA Super Blue.

Kamen Rider Decade 05/01/09 11:32 AM

I loved Masked Rider. It was on par with the rest of Saban's work back then.

kris198921 05/20/09 12:26 AM

i remember getting up on saturdays to watch power rangers beetleborgs, masked rider, and vr troopers

PrimoPiccolo 05/21/09 04:33 AM

VR Troopers came on Saturday in your area?

Trying to remember if it ever came on Saturday afternoons here in L.A. Doubt it, though...