Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Kamen Rider Online (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Kamen Rider Dragon Knight in Japan (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=638)

Tendou 10/13/09 02:08 AM

Kamen Rider Dragon Knight in Japan

If anyone is interested the first episode of Dragon Knight aired in Japan. The voice actors are the voice actors from Ryuki. The voices actually kind of fit in. It is interesting to see an American show airing in Japan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc4Yd...layer_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBjC0...eature=related

mbozzo 10/15/09 09:35 PM

I'm surprised that people in Japan want to see the American version, since they have the originial version.

TokuNoob 10/15/09 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbozzo (Post 1148)
I'm surprised that people in Japan want to see the American version, since they have the originial version.

The storylines are different enough to be considered two seperate shows, with KRDK borrowing from Ryuki, but not actually a remake. Plus, there are new special effects scenes in Dragon Knight, so I can understand the interest.

Tendou 10/15/09 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TokuNoob (Post 1153)
The storylines are different enough to be considered two seperate shows, with KRDK borrowing from Ryuki, but not actually a remake. Plus, there are new special effects scenes in Dragon Knight, so I can understand the interest.

Also Ryuki left a lot to be desired. The show performed horribly. The ratings were incredibly low and the show was almost taken off the air. Plus Ryuki was quite some time ago.

PrimoPiccolo 10/16/09 03:21 AM

Not to mention plenty of people who watch our adaptations go back and watch the shows they came from, so why shouldn't the people who watch the originals watch the adaptations?

Kamen Rider DiEnd 10/20/09 10:15 PM

I love the VA work on this version. However I am more curious as to why they left the title in English. (Normally for a toku show, the name is written in Katakana. They also do this for American toku, like Power Rangers.) So why leave it?

TokuNoob 10/21/09 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamen Rider DiEnd (Post 1168)
I love the VA work on this version. However I am more curious as to why they left the title in English. (Normally for a toku show, the name is written in Katakana. They also do this for American toku, like Power Rangers.) So why leave it?

What do you know, Kamen Rider DiEnd lives!

Kamen Rider DiEnd 10/21/09 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TokuNoob (Post 1170)
What do you know, Kamen Rider DiEnd lives!

Haha. :D Sorry for the monstrous amount of inactivity. I sort of had... things to do. (Busy schedule and all.)