Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Why is Neo Saban so different? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7716)

Super Zeo Ranger 01/21/17 07:20 PM

Why is Neo Saban so different?

Anyone notice that the Neo Saban Seasons are still nothing like the old Saban Seasons? I thought when they bought back PR ,the new seasons would feel more like the Saban Seasons in tone.

Goldar's Revenge 01/21/17 10:15 PM

Re: Why is Neo Saban so different?

The beginning of Neo Saban era is designed to carter to MMPR nostalgia. The problem is Tzachor's strategy of striaghtly adapting the Sentai Footage contradicted this. So you have this wierd mismatch Neo MMPR with a Sentai Clone. The Lynn seasons have thus far tried to be true to oldsld school PR while still doing it's own thing.

Blue Ranger Gone Bad 01/21/17 10:26 PM

Ten years went by , it had to be different and couldn't be the same. Its just not realistic for it to be exactly the same.

Sailor Saban 01/21/17 10:28 PM

I thinks the new Saban Seasons are just as good as the old ones. Saban always did PR best.

Disney Ranger 01/21/17 10:32 PM

The only Saban season that has truly been great was MMPR. The Disney Seasons were the best otherwise..I am surprised Disney sold the show and didn't bring it back themselves.

MattEmily 01/22/17 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney Ranger (Post 63279)
The only Saban season that has truly been great was MMPR. The Disney Seasons were the best otherwise..I am surprised Disney sold the show and didn't bring it back themselves.

why would you be surprise? They never even wanted the series to begin with. They tried to cancel it after Wild Force but Doug convinced them to continue on. I think there was another instance where they were trying to cancel it later on but some kind of contract forced them to continue on. I believe Jungle Fury wasn't even supposed to be made but something forced them to continue on but they stood firm on their decision to call the series following the RPM and if they hadn't sold the series back to Saban we wouldn't have gotten anything in terms of new seasons.

Rangerlord 01/22/17 05:13 PM

I would have preferred it if Saban never sold the show. Its a shame Doug and Ann didn't at least stick around longer. We are lucky they were around in NS and DT.

Goldar's Revenge 01/22/17 05:26 PM

Disney didn't understand Power Rangers and bought it by accident yet they should still get credit for keeping it going for as long as they did. They ultimately agreed to Sloan and Austensl's proposal to keep the show alive with production in New Zealand.

Despite never fully understanding or getting behind, it they did give it several years. Not to mention that they still spent considerable money on it. They even tried to do an animated series when live action was on the chopping block. Toei just wouldn't let them

The franchise is better off with Saban Brands but Disney weren't all bad. Neo Saban did have the problem with going back to Tzachor's philosophy for the first few years. But they got past it with Lynn now back in charge.

Lightspeed Omega 01/22/17 09:38 PM

It followed the tone of the Disney Seasons more than people expected it too. Which is not surprising since Kalish heavily copied Sentai.

Captain Mutiny 01/22/17 09:44 PM

Power Rangers has almost started to shift again. Since the Lynn Neo Saban years have taken in on its own tone.