Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Wierd Alex Continuity (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7312)

PRangerX 08/25/16 11:14 PM

Wierd Alex Continuity

In the beginning of Time Force we see Alex as a Ranger under the command of Logan. Yet he later shows up as seemingly the head of TF and Logan's surprior. What does everyone think about this?

Zabitan 08/26/16 08:18 PM

Re: Wierd Alex Continuity

I just chalked that up to the whole time travel physics of the whole thing.

Like when Wes decided to take control of his own life, and impressed his father that lead to an alternate future where Alex was head of Time Force.

Captain Codfish 08/26/16 11:05 PM

Yeah I think that was the idea too. They just didn't explicitly state it. Plus it was a pay off to a big mystery. It could be also why Alex wasn't dead. So essentially Jen's Alex really did die.

Summer Is Rich 08/28/16 11:19 PM

I always though it was strange too. Plus it seemed like the mystery man was unknown to Logan at first. Later on we saw Logan knew Alex was the mystery man.

MattEmily 08/29/16 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zabitan (Post 57426)
I just chalked that up to the whole time travel physics of the whole thing.

Like when Wes decided to take control of his own life, and impressed his father that lead to an alternate future where Alex was head of Time Force.

that's my thought too - everything that happened in the year 2001 affected the year 3000 which is why Alex was now the Captain of Time Force after Wes had decided to follow his own path.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summer Is Rich (Post 57433)
I always though it was strange too. Plus it seemed like the mystery man was unknown to Logan at first. Later on we saw Logan knew Alex was the mystery man.

I think Logan knew about Alex he just didn't know that it was Alex himself that was behind the Time Shadow.

Jen's Revenge 08/29/16 03:04 PM

I wonder if the storyline got changed during filming?

Usagi Reborn 08/29/16 03:07 PM

As beloved as Time Force is. It was during the era of the sentification of Power Rangers. So its possible they had an idea for Alex and just started transitioning into the Timeranger Captain Role. Even if the Timeranger Captain had a much different fats.

Captain Codfish 08/29/16 03:09 PM

Thats another goot theory. The sentification of PR could have deffinitly played a role here.

Sentai Snob 08/29/16 03:12 PM

But they failed to do a good job. Since Alex should have been a villian in the end like Time Captain. I like Time Force since it was so Timeranger like. They did drop the ball in the end. I am glad they tried to make Alex more like the Time Captain.

MMPR Forever 08/29/16 03:27 PM

Time Force was too serious. I only like the parts with them hanging out as a team. Movie Madness was a good MMPR retread. Everything else is just way too serious. The fun that was in MMPR was just not there most of the time.