Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Why didn't they bring back Adam for DinoThunder? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7773)

Adam White Tiger 02/15/17 08:14 AM

Why didn't they bring back Adam for DinoThunder?

He would have made more sense since he was a former Black Ranger. And was smarter than Tommy. Plus I think he would have been a better character to bring back. Tomny already got a lot of focus. Adam always should have had more than he had.

Raging Phoenix 02/15/17 11:53 AM

Re: Why didn't they bring back Adam for DinoThunder?

Well, from a commercial standpoint, Tommy had a lot more fans back in the day, and would have pulled more "casual" fans back to the franchise. While Adam would have made more sense from a story perspective and the actor has been more engaged with the community, that community is mostly hardcore fans that are watching anyway. Tommy was a more lucrative option, I reckon.

Goldar's Revenge 02/15/17 07:55 PM

Tommy waa brought back because Doug and Ann thought it would be a nice surprise for the fans and good for the franchise. It started out as an idea that was able to become a reality. Adam just wouldn have the same cashe. Besides, he was represented in "Always A Chance" and "Once A Ranger". Someone like Zack didn't even get that.

Adam White Tiger 02/15/17 08:47 PM

I just think the fans deserved to have Adam back. It would have been great to have him back for a whole season.

Rita's Pita 02/15/17 11:39 PM

I like Adam. But he doesn't have the same popularity as Tommy. The fans wanted Tommy back.

Hailey Ziktor 02/15/17 11:41 PM

Tommy was a huge part of DinoThunder. It wouldn't be the same without him.

White Spandex Rules 02/16/17 12:21 PM

The original Rangers are always the most memorable.

Knights of Ren 02/16/17 07:20 PM

I don't see why they would have brought back Adam over Tommy. He had more history with the show. Adam was good but I'd bring back Jason before him.

Lord Drakkon 02/16/17 11:10 PM

Just because he was MMPR Black, doesn't mean he would be a great fit. Tommy was the better choice. I would have wrote him into the season differently though. Tommy being a PHD was a little much.

Ninja Storm Fan 02/16/17 11:22 PM

They should have just kept the Ninja Storm Rangers.

Changeman Returns 02/17/17 12:28 PM

They would have been better with with a character closer to Abablack. The MMPR nostalgia was misplaced.

Ranger Sentai 02/17/17 12:30 PM

Yeah, you didn't see Abaranger try to bring back Burai. Forgetting the fact he died in Zyuranger.

Sentai Envy 02/17/17 12:32 PM

Thats why I laugh when American Sentai Fans want dark and gritty Power Rangers, storylines like Burai's arch show what they want is in Super Sentai.

Goldar's Revenge 02/18/17 10:48 PM

Bringing back Tommy had nothing to do with the Sentai. If Tommy failed to return the character of Edward Payne wouldn't have been much different than Doctor Oliver. He just wouldn't have the same backstory or actor. So it had nothing to do with being like the Sentai or not. Doug did not like to just copy Sentai unless it made sense for the story of the season.

Adam White Tiger 02/19/17 11:08 AM

I just think the fans would have liked to have seen Adam more. Adam is more popular than Tommy.

Tommy Hater 02/19/17 11:10 AM

I think having Adam back would have been light years better then seeing Tommy show up again. It ruined what could have been a good season.

No Green Spandex 02/19/17 11:12 AM

That and they just had to give him god like powers again. Not to mention a whole episode dedicated to his former powers. I do admit having White Ranger do that evil laugh was funny.

Tommy Hater 02/19/17 11:14 AM

I just don't see what people see in Tommy, he is the worst character in the shows history. The writing behind him was just so cliche.

White Spandex Rules 02/19/17 11:15 AM

Actually Tommy is the best character and it was high time he came back full time..FR.gave fans a taste but left them wanting more.

KimandTommy 02/19/17 11:17 AM

Who can seriously say Tommy is a bad character? Thats like saying Kat is a good guy.

MMPR Forever 02/19/17 11:18 AM

Despite having Tommy all season, "Fighting Spirit" was the only good episode that year.

Astro Power 02/19/17 11:19 AM

I did feel a bit cheated because of the lame stuck morphed plot.