Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers Modern Archives (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   PR News 04/01/08 Power Rangers Jungle Fury will TEAMUP with... (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=2659)

PrimoPiccolo 04/28/08 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macdaddyc
i think that it's better to do JF/OO team up because that's how it always been, except for PROO.

And MF. And NS.

Try to grow, to expand. Confining PR to identical story elements every year offers no surprises whatsoever. What good is a TV show that never shocks you?

Harlan Phoenix 04/28/08 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo (Post 31015)
And MF. And NS.

Try to grow, to expand. Confining PR to identical story elements every year offers no surprises whatsoever. What good is a TV show that never shocks you?

Exactly.

DarkRanger99 04/29/08 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harlan Phoenix (Post 31010)
I've called this on both HenshinTalk and Rangerboard, but I'll say it here too.

I'm betting that Dai Shi's first host was the original Lothor.

Well, considering that no one knows how long exactly Dai Shi was trapped, that doesn't really make sense. Good try though.

red timeforce ranger 04/29/08 07:00 PM

Dai Shi was trapped in that chest for 10,000 years before possessing Jarrod.

DarkRanger99 04/30/08 04:05 PM

Yea, so I don't think Lothor was around for 10,000 years, but some how Master Mao was. Hmm...

PrimoPiccolo 04/30/08 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkRanger99
I don't think Lothor was around for 10,000 years, but some how Master Mao was.

Who says? Mao spoke of brave warriors channelling their animal spirits to capture the Dai Shi's soul, but he never said he was one of them.

And Harlan's Lothor theory could be allowed to make sense, if we adapt the school of thought that somehow allowed Diabolico's spirit to emerge from his tomb some eleven or so years before the demons were freed.

DarkRanger99 04/30/08 04:41 PM

Dai Shi said so, stating that Mao was his "Old Friend" and that he had thought of no one else but him, after he escaped before possessing Jarrod.

Harlan Phoenix 04/30/08 11:39 PM

I'd like to point out I mean the original Lothor that Ninja Storm's Lothor took his name from. You know, the "ancient warrior of evil."

Poweranimals 05/01/08 04:09 PM

I still don't know if this thing panned out, btw. I haven't talked to my source lately, but I haven't caught wind of anything new.

PowerOnyx 05/03/08 11:05 PM

Rita was imprisoned for 10,000 years. Dai Shi was imprisoned for 10,000 years.

Does Disney have any intention to connect JF to the MMPR-InSpace era?

Or at least have some Saban era Rangers return? I know I felt cheated by "Once A Ranger" when no other Ranger from the Rita-Zedd era returned but Adam.

And Bridge? Don't get me started on that plothole or Thrax.....

DarkRanger99 05/04/08 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerOnyx (Post 31051)

Or at least have some Saban era Rangers return? I know I felt cheated by "Once A Ranger" when no other Ranger from the Rita-Zedd era returned but Adam.

Might have been a coincidence, or a mistake.

PRangerX 05/05/08 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poweranimals (Post 31038)
I still don't know if this thing panned out, btw. I haven't talked to my source lately, but I haven't caught wind of anything new.

I'm starting to wonder if it fell through. Since we have heard about the American Ranger episodes. Plus Rangercast ( the podcast) claims to have seen information for most of the rest of the episodes. I haven't listened to the podcast as of yet, but it doesn't mention anything about news on a NS/JF team up. Will have to see what happens. It will be a bummer if it doesn't work out.

PRangerX 05/05/08 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerOnyx (Post 31051)

I don't think JF is going to be explicitly connected to MMPR. A lot of things in the PRU tend to happen around the same time. Three Thousand years ago is another common date in the PRU. So 10,000 being used a few times isn't surprising.

I think using mostly Disney Era Rangers for "Once A Ranger" made sense. Since we already had "Forever Red" to celebrate the first 10 seasons of the show. It made sense to focus on the Disney era and bring back one familar face from the distant past. Plus I can't imagine it would be easy to bring back too many of the older actors. Not to mention get them to come to New Zealand.

I wouldn't call Bridge a pothole. Who knows how far into the future he was summoned from. It could have been a few years after SPD had taken place. We already saw Sky get promoted to Red. So its not unbelievable to think that Bridge eventually became Red.

Thrax is a little harder to swallow ( makes more sense then Rita as Mystic Mother though). I orginally thought that maybe he was born long ago, when Zedd and Rita had some sort of affair ( long before they were married). But its the common beleif that he was born sometime after Turbo. Which works if you assume that Thrax grew up at an accelerated rate.

PowerOnyx 05/05/08 05:49 PM

I just think that MM-IS has more right to a JF team-up than NS.

As for Bridge, the plothole was WHY did Sentinel Knight bring him from the future? Why not use another Ranger in that timeline of OO?

It has been analyzed that Sentinel Knight went to the future b/c SPD would have the morphers in the archive...

The problem is that if the link to the Morphing Grid was destroyed then - the SPD Rangers would not exist in the future. Thus Bridge becomes a plothole.

And furthermore, regardless of SK using his own Powers to Power the veteran team to help, if the Morphing Grid was down this isn't possible. Thus the entire 2 part episode of OaR is a plothole.

RangerKing 05/05/08 06:06 PM

While its your right to have opinions regarding things like that, reality just doesn't lend itself well to those opinions.

PRX, what info do they claim to have seen?

Harlan Phoenix 05/06/08 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerOnyx (Post 31073)
I just think that MM-IS has more right to a JF team-up than NS.

As for Bridge, the plothole was WHY did Sentinel Knight bring him from the future? Why not use another Ranger in that timeline of OO?

It has been analyzed that Sentinel Knight went to the future b/c SPD would have the morphers in the archive...

The problem is that if the link to the Morphing Grid was destroyed then - the SPD Rangers would not exist in the future. Thus Bridge becomes a plothole.

And furthermore, regardless of SK using his own Powers to Power the veteran team to help, if the Morphing Grid was down this isn't possible. Thus the entire 2 part episode of OaR is a plothole.

...The Morphing Grid itself wasn't damaged. Just the Overdrive Ranger's connection to it.

PRangerX 05/06/08 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerKing (Post 31074)
While its your right to have opinions regarding things like that, reality just doesn't lend itself well to those opinions.

PRX, what info do they claim to have seen?

http://www.rangercast.net

It says what they have on their site. I need to listen to the podcast when I have some time.

Poweranimals 05/10/08 03:26 PM

From everything I can tell, this isn't happening now. More details later when I'm not cellbound.

DarkBlaze 05/10/08 04:28 PM

Wait, you mean the team-up... isn't happening period?

Poweranimals 05/10/08 06:13 PM

Indeed. I'm not 100% sure. My source doesn't know much about what happened during the scabs, but hasn't heard anything.

PRangerX 05/10/08 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poweranimals (Post 31101)
Indeed. I'm not 100% sure. My source doesn't know much about what happened during the scabs, but hasn't heard anything.

So basically most of JF was written by scabs and not the regular writers?

Poweranimals 05/10/08 06:53 PM

I think that's obvious by now.

DarkBlaze 05/10/08 07:07 PM

So another words, the hype of this rumored team-up, can basically power-down a bit?

PRangerX 05/10/08 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamen Rider Vengeance (Post 31104)
So another words, the hype of this rumored team-up, can basically power-down a bit?

Yeah, we would have known for sure by now. I wonder if the strike effected the planned team up? Oh well, we knew there was a chance it would fall through.

PrimoPiccolo 05/10/08 07:30 PM

Well, thank goodness. That would have ended up a disaster.

RangerKing 05/10/08 08:13 PM

Okay, can someone fill me in about these scabs and what not? So basically they didn't halt production of the season and proceded with Bruce and some freelance writers?

PRangerX 05/10/08 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerKing (Post 31112)
Okay, can someone fill me in about these scabs and what not? So basically they didn't halt production of the season and proceded with Bruce and some freelance writers?

That sounds about right. Not sure what role Bruce played. As an exec he may have been exempt from striking.

PrimoPiccolo 05/11/08 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamen Rider Vengeance
So another words,

In other words.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerKing
So basically they didn't halt production of the season and proceded with Bruce and some freelance writers?

This is PR we're talking about. If they don't stay on schedule, we skip a whole adaptation.

DarkBlaze 05/11/08 02:15 AM

^I'd appreciate it if you don't do that thank you.

Poweranimals 05/11/08 03:24 AM

Don't do what?

RangerKing 05/11/08 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo (Post 31118)
This is PR we're talking about. If they don't stay on schedule, we skip a whole adaptation.

Very true. But I do have to wonder. Power Rangers is a unionized show in terms of writers, wouldn't the fact that non-union writers were writing episodes get Disney in some type of trouble? And is it possible that Jackie and crew wrote under different names to avoid getting in trouble with the union (after all, Chip Lynn wrote under Judd Lynn for years to avoid getting into trouble with the union from what I understand)? It just all sounds confusing.

DarkBlaze 05/11/08 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poweranimals (Post 31120)
Don't do what?

He was correcting me. I don't like being corrected.

PrimoPiccolo 05/11/08 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamen Rider Vengeance
I don't like being corrected.

This is a message board. You'd better believe people are going to call you on spelling and grammatical errors.

I mean, what if red timeforce ranger didn't like being corrected? Seriously, don't be one of those people. We ALL have stuff to learn.

FrekinRican345 05/11/08 02:40 PM

I:)t makes perfect sense because of the relation they have like the acadamy and rj and cam kinda knowing each other.

RangerKing 05/11/08 03:59 PM

Where was it said that Cam and RJ knew each other?

PrimoPiccolo 05/11/08 05:36 PM

Cam and Hayley know each other. Any evidence of RJ's "guy who knows a guy" is fanwank.

DarkBlaze 05/11/08 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo (Post 31123)
This is a message board. You'd better believe people are going to call you on spelling and grammatical errors.

I mean, what if red timeforce ranger didn't like being corrected? Seriously, don't be one of those people. We ALL have stuff to learn.

It still would have been more courteous to say something like, "Perhaps you meant this...". I don't want to make this out of a discussion, you can PM me for that. IF it's that important.

FrekinRican345 05/13/08 01:34 PM

remember the thing when rj said "i know this guy that new a guy with an uncle"...

PrimoPiccolo 05/13/08 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrekinRican345
remember the thing when rj said "i know this guy that new a guy with an uncle"...

*ahem*
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo
Cam and Hayley know each other. Any evidence of RJ's "guy who knows a guy" is fanwank.

Harlan Phoenix 05/13/08 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrekinRican345 (Post 31124)
I:)t makes perfect sense because of the relation they have like the acadamy and rj and cam kinda knowing each other.

Even though the academies have nothing to do with each other.