Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers Modern Archives (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   PR News 04/01/08 Power Rangers Jungle Fury will TEAMUP with... (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=2659)

DarkRanger99 04/02/08 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo (Post 30744)
I was joking...

...as a coping mechanism. :(

I can understand your disappointment Primo; Ninja Storm wasn't exactly the best season. In fact, it was almost the worst until S.P.D. But the Rangers themselves were definitely some of the most likable. I'm Definitely looking forward to this, Disney's trying something new:eek:, and I for one do appreciate that. Let's wait and see before jumping to conclusions, whether their good or not.

Sakura3 04/05/08 12:29 AM

Wow that's interesting. This ought to be good. I'll be catching this event on ABC later. I've watched almost all the team ups except To The 10th Power and Rangers Of Two Worlds.

THis is the first I've seen Disney go back 5 years for a team up. Toei didn't evewn plan that. They just teamed up with Operation Overdrive/Boukenger last year but not Hurricane Ranger.

PrimoPiccolo 04/05/08 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simango
THis is the first I've seen Disney go back 5 years for a team up. Toei didn't even plan that.

Believe it or not, but Ranger Productions Ltd. doesn't get all their ideas from Toei. Hence us getting Adam in "Once a Ranger" instead of a strange Red Ranger from the future like in Boukenger vs. Super Sentai.

DarkRanger99 04/05/08 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo (Post 30781)
a strange Red Ranger from the future like in Boukenger vs. Super Sentai.

EEEEWWWW, I hate Aka Red.:mad:

RangerKing 04/06/08 11:48 AM

This is excellent. There are certainly similar themes in both seasons and it really seems to work. It would certainly suck not to have the Overdrive team back, but other than Miratrix's end not being really clear, I don't see where a plot could come from.

Knightfall 04/06/08 11:52 AM

Honestly, I have to admit I'm not a fan of this idea.

The tone and feel of Ninjastorm is very self-contained. I dont think you could be true to the sillyness of NS without making JF look like a joke as well.

I would have rather they did an OO/JF teamup with Kamdor and Miratrix. The Bouken/Geki one was cool.

RangerKing 04/06/08 12:01 PM

While Ninja Storm was silly, I seem to believe the sillyness was mostly contained to the villains and not to the actual rangers. And thinking back, that applies to both Thunder Storm and Once A Ranger where the truthfulness of the Ninja Storm team was retained.

Knightfall 04/06/08 12:08 PM

Well to be fair, Thunder Storm kept it in the house with the Sloan series and I thought the Marah/Kapri nonsense dragged the ep down a bit.

Once A Ranger barely had any Tori focus, not that I'm complaining.

An OO/JF would have had more potential though.

I feel like NS is charted territory now, but I suppose if this is the last season in NZ, at least there won't be NS anymore.

RangerKing 04/06/08 12:18 PM

I'm not too sure about that. With the exception of Sally Martin, everyone in Once A Ranger were flown to New Zealand. This is the case with the S.P.D.-Dino Thunder team-up as well where all four actors needed were flown. So there isn't any problem with flying actors.

Knightfall 04/06/08 12:21 PM

Yeah, but that was before the budget was slashed and the cost of filming in NZ went up.

I'm sure the real reason they avoided the OO teamup this year was paying to fly the cast back to NZ (especially since two are in the UK).

Pua, Glenn and Sally are all locals.