Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   References to MMPR aren't just for older fans (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8887)

Piccolo Diamond 05/23/20 04:50 PM

References to MMPR aren't just for older fans

People say that they can't reference past seasons because Kids won't know them. But its easy to forget about all the DVDs that are out..Not to mention the fact Power Rangers is on Netflix. A lot more kids know about the old seasons then some thing.

Lord Leo 05/23/20 04:52 PM

Re: References to MMPR aren't just for older fans

Never thought of it that way. You have a good point. Hopefully they avoid Lost Galaxy. I wouldn't want kids to be subjected to Lord Leo.

Wild Force Megazord 05/24/20 06:05 PM

That is true reruns are available on a lot of different platforms.

KimandTommy 05/24/20 06:06 PM

Its good that kids today and watch the greatest that is MMPR.

Mega Mission 05/24/20 06:19 PM

There is a way to appeal to the new fans while still appealing to the old. Megaforce did this very well .

Kat Manx 05/26/20 12:00 PM

I am sure the streams and DVDs have an audience. But how many of those are younger fans? I would assume they play more to the adult hardcore fans. I am not saying there aren't any kids watching the old stuff. Just that it might not be as many as you think...

PRangerX 05/26/20 12:08 PM

I know its antidotal evidence but I have a young relative who is in the target demo...A few years ago he was watching random episodes on Netflix. Granted it was mainly Disney and Neo Saban Era..But I did hear he watched some MMPR.

Now I agree more kids are watching the new stuff ( he is too). But I think Netflix and DVDs do expose some kids to the older seasons. Its not like they constantly make references to the older seasons anyway. Certainoy not ones that detract from the current season. But it would be nice if they played more reruns on traditional tv as well.

Meltzer Driver 05/28/20 12:35 AM

Not enough are watching the old stuff though. Most in the target watch the new episodes..

Titanium Steel 05/29/20 09:35 PM

I think the show is better off moving forward and focusing on the future instead of the past, Occasional anniversary team ups are fine though.